The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I should put this in the unpopular opinions thread but The Queen chose to sit alone at the funeral, she could have had someone in her bubble support her or have someone sit 2 metres away. Also, it great that Downing Street did a personal apology to the Queen but what about the thousands of others who suffered and they partied? Do we get a personal apology too? I don’t know, maybe it’s too close to home for me because my Dad died from Covid and I found out it was on one of the days of the parties.
The way I read was that her lady in waiting from her support bubble couldn’t sit with her (although did sit with her in the car) as they were following the rules with the amount of mourners allowed in the church - hence even Boris didn’t attend.

Reactions: 9
Any personal stories of when he was in the Navy?
I sat in the Senior Rates Mess of HMS Edinburgh when he was an officer on board and listened to the lot of them sound off about him. They hated him for his high handedness, his pretension, his rudeness, his lack of interest in anyone else.... (don't forget that a divisional officer is expected to look after the welfare and concerns of their division members). I also remember a member of naval base staff at Rosyth telling me what a snooty and rude person he was when he commanded his own ship.

Reactions: 19
If TQ would have sat with a lady in waiting or someone else from her "bubble" it would have also meant one less guest at the funeral.

I heard that the bishop said that after the funeral she was meant to lie down and rest but instead she opted to speak to people to make sure they feel welcome.
She seems to put other people first

Reactions: 11
The way I read was that her lady in waiting from her support bubble couldn’t sit with her (although did sit with her in the car) as they were following the rules with the amount of mourners allowed in the church - hence even Boris didn’t attend.
I thought Boris was invited but chose not to come.

I thought Boris was invited but chose not to come.
That was what his side floated at the time, he didn’t want to attend as it would mean someone else PP was closer to would miss out. Whether he was actually ever invited though I believe is unconfirmed, he got in there first with his apologies I think.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Maybe I should put this in the unpopular opinions thread but The Queen chose to sit alone at the funeral, she could have had someone in her bubble support her or have someone sit 2 metres away. Also, it great that Downing Street did a personal apology to the Queen but what about the thousands of others who suffered and they partied? Do we get a personal apology too? I don’t know, maybe it’s too close to home for me because my Dad died from Covid and I found out it was on one of the days of the parties.
It wa done deliberately because the palace is never not aware of the optics.

Reactions: 10
Sadly I would imagine that Prince Andrew....(much as I dislike him) is going to be crippled in the court of public opinion and found guilty of trafficking her. its too close in time, to the guilty verdict for Ghislaine Maxwell, for him to be seen as innocent.
Prince Andrew sings to Queen (apologies to Bananarama): "Only you can get me off scot-free, 'cause I'm guilty, guilty over Ginny Giuffre!"

Reactions: 2
I actually don’t get why they apologise to her. I think they should apologise to everyone for blatantly ignoring the rules they themselves put in place. But it’s not as if having a party when the HoS spouse has died is in any case related. He had no importance politically nor was he or is is she a close friend or relative of the party goers. Nor was anyone attending the funeral. If someone else had a (zoom) birthday party at that day it’s not a biggie either. They should be ashamed for breaking the rules not for having a good time while someone died.

Re Virginia: I do think it’s complicated. I think the general gist of her story is very true. It’s highly unlikely so many young women, mostly underage decide to have sex with multiple men for money, things, housing….. basically prostituting themselves. Are there 17 year old that decide to have a sugar daddy or multiple sec partners (and might or might not regret that later in life)- sure. But they are teeny tiny minority. And she can very easily be both victim and abuser. Also, it’s not completely unrealistically that memories change or are very one sided/subjective and have holes. Witness statements are always unreliable to a certain extent. So I can definitely see everything she claims to be true. If she wants money and/or restoration of her reputation that’s absolutely fine by me.
BUT why only him? Probably because he is the easiest target. Still ok for me. I have rather one out of ten convicted than none. It’s sad that he will probably be the only one though.
But because her story has happened a long time ago, has holes, has changed several times and she already took a pay out she will have a hard time to prove stuff. She basically just has one photo as a hard fact. That proves nothing.
Another problem will be, if she was coerced- it mustn’t know that he knew. Thankfully, nowadays saying “she looked older, I didn’t know she didn’t want it” is not enough to get away. I mean he could have known, he might have known. But only he, and if he mentioned it Epstein and maybe the girls know if he knew. I think he has a ton of responsibility and just because of an innocent verdict I don’t think he is free of guilt. It’s all very complicated. I am happy I don’t have to make that decision and that I can judge him fairly and unfairly without having an actual influence on their lives.

Reactions: 14
I actually don’t get why they apologise to her. I think they should apologise to everyone for blatantly ignoring the rules they themselves put in place. But it’s not as if having a party when the HoS spouse has died is in any case related. He had no importance politically nor was he or is is she a close friend or relative of the party goers. Nor was anyone attending the funeral. If someone else had a (zoom) birthday party at that day it’s not a biggie either. They should be ashamed for breaking the rules not for having a good time while someone died.

Re Virginia: I do think it’s complicated. I think the general gist of her story is very true. It’s highly unlikely so many young women, mostly underage decide to have sex with multiple men for money, things, housing….. basically prostituting themselves. Are there 17 year old that decide to have a sugar daddy or multiple sec partners (and might or might not regret that later in life)- sure. But they are teeny tiny minority. And she can very easily be both victim and abuser. Also, it’s not completely unrealistically that memories change or are very one sided/subjective and have holes. Witness statements are always unreliable to a certain extent. So I can definitely see everything she claims to be true. If she wants money and/or restoration of her reputation that’s absolutely fine by me.
BUT why only him? Probably because he is the easiest target. Still ok for me. I have rather one out of ten convicted than none. It’s sad that he will probably be the only one though.
But because her story has happened a long time ago, has holes, has changed several times and she already took a pay out she will have a hard time to prove stuff. She basically just has one photo as a hard fact. That proves nothing.
Another problem will be, if she was coerced- it mustn’t know that he knew. Thankfully, nowadays saying “she looked older, I didn’t know she didn’t want it” is not enough to get away. I mean he could have known, he might have known. But only he, and if he mentioned it Epstein and maybe the girls know if he knew. I think he has a ton of responsibility and just because of an innocent verdict I don’t think he is free of guilt. It’s all very complicated. I am happy I don’t have to make that decision and that I can judge him fairly and unfairly without having an actual influence on their lives.
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Ghislaine actually did something decent for once and named the people involved. If she did name Andrew I would love to be a fly on the wall when he found out!

The P Andrew news being demoted by the RF is being lost among all the No10 news
What are you watching? Sky Sports News? It's been everywhere.

This is like when a few people were saying "Why is the media not reporting the Ghislaine Maxwell trial?!!11" When it was literally being reported daily by every credible news site and paper.

• Haha
What are you watching? Sky Sports News? It's been everywhere.

This is like when a few people were saying "Why is the media not reporting the Ghislaine Maxwell trial?!!11" When it was literally being reported daily by every credible news site and paper.
People on twitter and TikTok thought they were doing the lords work “since no one is talking about prince Andrew here’s a video”. You are not living in the UK if you think the press aren’t talking about it or you need to evaluate where you get your news from if they’re not reporting on it, but every mainstream news source is.

Reactions: 8
They apologised to the Queen because she is above them in status. Anyone below doesn't matter.

With regards to PA, there is a photo of him with his arm around Guiffre. A young woman. You think he didn't notice all the young women coming and going around Epstein? Nah, that's what he was there for. Whatever the details are, she was trafficked and abused. The back story of drug use and prostitution made her more vulnerable to these people.

Reactions: 18
Morning all

Poor Prince Andrew, he’s in a bit of a pickle isn’t he? The Branson situation.

Ive been thinking, as he’s got a lot of time on his hands he can learn to knit socks which will be distributed to those struggling to pay their heating bills. Each time a letter is received from customer a package will be sent containing said socks with the royal crest on. These are no ordinary socks they have a high elastane content and have been pretreated with baking powder to stop your hands from sweating. Good idea!

I’ll get me coat….

• Haha
In regards to senior members of the Royal Family, surely they must have known what was going on? The firm is notorious for trying to cover things up or use misdirection. The commentary is poor Queen, poor Charles, poor Cambridges etc, this will tarnish them but there is no way this would have been news to them. Wasn’t it rumoured that the Cambs said they would without the children if the press kept printing stories about Andrew? I know that’s a rumour but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me.
Also, in all these reports which are overly sympathetic to the Queen and how her horrid son has ruined her jubilee they forget the actual victims of Andrew and men like him: the girls that they abused.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In regards to senior members of the Royal Family, surely they must have known what was going on? The firm is notorious for trying to cover things up or use misdirection. The commentary is poor Queen, poor Charles, poor Cambridges etc, this will tarnish them but there is no way this would have been news to them. Wasn’t it rumoured that the Cambs said they would without the children if the press kept printing stories about Andrew? I know that’s a rumour but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me.
Also, in all these reports which are overly sympathetic to the Queen and how her horrid son has ruined her jubilee they forget the actual victims of Andrew and men like him: the girls that they abused.
Funny however that it is only Andrew involved in a civil lawsuit in the US, not a single one of the many US celebrities, businessmen or politicians linked to Epstein

Reactions: 16
She has also shown support for Andrew in the past when all his filth became public, she is a cold woman and very calculating she know that at this time she must be seen to be "punishing" him and she will have reassured him that he is still just as precious to her and that he hasn't done anything wrong but she has got to keep the damn peasants happy otherwise god knows what they will get up to.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I do think they know certain things. If they knew the full extent, or if only his older relatives/siblings knew, if they thought he would get away and didn’t want to be involved, if they refused to get information so they could say they know nothing… who knows.
What I don’t believe is that W&K would use the trump card of their children for PA. They spent years to find an already pretty tight balance between their children and the press. And they will rather use them for their own gain and they needed it in the last two years.
This rumour is pretty weak. Especially as the only version I heard was from US reporters. As if they had any access in the first place. No word from UK tabloids/newspapers. And they have reported on him, the case, the train wreck interview. But as it’s mostly old news I get why they didn’t jump on it as if it’s the hottest news. Her claims have been out there for years and have been through the press years ago. And it’s just not as interesting to the standard tabloid reader as the newest gossip of the whole brother feud. I think that says it all about the state of humanity.

Reactions: 9
You see the difference is Andrew is a member of the Royal Family. For some reason people hold them in high regard and expect more from them. I don’t know why though they have a history of cheating and god knows what else.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.