Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mummy Dearest

Button up your three piece suit, polish your loafers, or throw on your favorite Vivienne Westwood….We’re going to a flea market in Le Mans!

In today’s episode of Sundays at the Shat-a-loo, we’ve got a wad of cash burning a hole in our pocketbook and we are going to spend, spend, spend!!!

It’s an early morning start with Philip and Stephie, the sun barely making it’s way over the horizon. A sight Lalalanders have read about in books, but didn’t know actually existed. For years, the sun at LaLande was directly above them when they awoke from their nightly slumber, as they get ready for their morning ritual. It’s confused Steph for a decade. The morning dawn, (and George and Sarah’s van) continue guiding them through town as Staphanny shares what she hopes to find today…We are looking for something that makes a statement, so keep your eyes peeled folks, that mean ‘tacky’ and yellow in Stephanese. Perhaps some bedside tables and an over mantle mirror for her bedroom or study, you know, stuff we put up before the rooms are finished, because at LaLande it’s not considered work if we don’t do it twice.

Fanny takes time to make a special announcement, “All of the Patron money that comes in for the chateau is used for the restoration and renovation of LaLande, so it doesn’t cover furniture. Which means I set aside part of my You Tube ad revenue every month so that when things happen, I can start to make the inside of LaLande look like a chateau.” Well there you go. Apparently Stephaneee has been living in a barn for the last 14 years, and has just had the epiphany that it’s not shatooey enough, antique furniture should sort out her dilemma. Thank goodness for ad revenue, because without it she might still be sleeping in the stable, with only the hay to keep the nightly chill away.

We finally make it to the flea market…oh, sorry, antiques fair, and park the van. Sarah pops out of her purple van to greet us. Everyone is ready to throw down some cash and fill vans to the brim with French antiques. We flashback to our stay with George and Sarah weeks ago, as Steph gets a jump start on the rest of us by taking the opportunity to go shopping in their barn. They run a small black market brocante on their property and specialize in hideous chairs. You and I both know Fanny can’t say no to an ugly chair, so she buys six of them, a matching settee, plus a over-the-mantle mirror frame, that French touch every barn needs to turn it into a chateau. George is a great salesman, he likes to get you drunk so he can talk you into buying stuff that he bought when he was drunk. If you live in France and have unwanted and unloved furniture, Steph is your mark, she’ll buy the lot! Selling to her could be someone’s lucrative side hustle, act fast before she spends all of her you tube monies! Be sure to call Philip to set up an appointment, he loves to take Steph barn hopping for deals, he holds the purse strings now.

Those groovy chairs and settee will look stunning with her new woodwork in the grande salon, a real feast for the eyes. But as I look into my crystal ball, I see them taking up permanent residence in Selmar’s workspace because “they’re not quite right”. I’m sure she’ll go through four more groupings of chairs before finding the paaarfect set that compliments the molding. Anyway, after what seems to be an eternity of looking at decrepit chairs, we are ready to buy more furniture! Yes friends, we are now ready to tackle the flea market, our shopping list in hand, our shopaholic gal pal at our side, and the constant sound of cash register ‘cha ching’s‘ dinging through our brains.…

You didn’t think I was serious did you, of course we’re not shopping yet, we have to get through the inconsequential nonsense first, like Philip trying on a purple velvet pirate coat for his upcoming Halloween costume. He’s going as a pirate princess this year and he’s on the hunt to complete his ensemble. We have to fuel up with croissants held delicately in our hands so we don’t damage them, it makes it harder to grip our credit cards. Steph required the help of Sarah this morning to get dressed, bless her heart, she would have been teeter tottering around in 3 inch stilettos if it weren’t for Sarah’s advice on wearing flats. What a revolutionary discovery for walking great distances, she saved me from wearing ski boots when I go hiking. Thanks Sarah!

Are we ready to shop yet? She’s strung us along forever and now I don’t even feel like shopping.…Just kidding!!! Let’s blow through our money like a lottery winner on Ambien, and buy things we don’t need!!!

Outside, we look at some long tables designed for embalming giants, pass…there’s no room in the chateau for that nonsense. Off we go into the first building, Philip is so excited, the build up has been super intense for him as he’s literally been holding in farts all morning. Stepheee spots a chandelier, all crystals with a few pastel flowers sprinkled in that I‘m shocked she walked away from. She finds that over the mantle mirror she’s been hunting for! It’s gilded and gaudy, and expresses her taste paaarfectly! And the price was right at 700 euros. Check that off the list, moving on to a cream painted secretary she’s in love with as opposed to the pale green painted bombay dresser Philip is in love with. Who will win in the battle of the tasteless? Neither, we were just window shopping. Instead we buy broken gilded frames to use as bed crowns. I think her obsession with bed crowns stems from never getting the canopy bed she longed for as a child. A treasure emerges hidden within the furniture distractions in the form of an oil painting from the 18th century, a woman dressed as Diana the Huntress. It’s to pricy for Steph, but don’t worry she talks herself into buying it. It’s been a great morning for Steph, it’s been an even better morning for the venders, cha ching!!!

We‘re back outside, and spy two yellow brocade chairs, without hesitation they get snatched up by Steph, she needed something to bring out the golden highlights in her hair and set off the green paneling in the grande salon. Hopefully she’ll find a self help book for battling her addiction to chairs. Philip is enamored by a small table, one he’d use to eat dinner at as he most likely spends his nights eating alone because no one can stand hearing him blather on about his allergies. “Squirrel!!” He spots a chair off in the distance, a green velvet flocked nightmare just waiting to be plucked. For 150 euros, a chair three old ladies have died in after being attacked by their own knitting needles, has now found a home with Philip.

We stroll by venders peddling their wares in the form of lace, fabrics, champagne flutes. Philip is contemplating what to purchase from a brooch collection, but ultimately decides to walk away, that must have taken a lot of willpower, we know Philip loves a good brooch. Instead he buys a bodice to go under his pirate coat, or for Fanny’s mannequin. Because it’s not enough to dress up ourselves, we dress up inanimate objects too. Let’s continue window shopping as we allow Philip some time to ponder his questionable choices. It’ll take a while, he had to replace the hamster in the spinning wheel in his brain for a hedgehog, and it’s now the poor thing‘s nap time. Steph looks at mantle lamps to bring out the blue in her veins, another painting of an 18th century woman, and a taxidermied snake. Philip thumbs through some cutlery, admires a wooden stamp for handblocking fabrics, put the piece de resistance is a collapsible top hat. The finishing touch to the pirate princess costume, but alas, it’s too small to fit over Philip‘s wig.

I‘m sad to say the shopping portion of our trip has finished. We’ve managed to check two things off our list, the mantle mirror and the “something that makes a statement” in the form of the huntress Diana. We’ve spent thousands of euros to make our potting sheds look like chateaux and now our imaginary friends have places to sit. Sarah and George show off their prized purchase, heads of garlic. Sarah’s mother-in-law is a 200 year old vampire and she keeps asking George if she can move in. Philip and a porter load the goods, jenga style, in the back of the van. Diana takes pride of place in the front, nestled between Steph and Philip.

Our day of retail therapy has come to an end and so have our bank accounts. We’ve spent ourselves out of house and home and will now have to burn the furniture we bought to keep warm at nights. This is where I leave you, penniless, but with plenty of places to rest our weary bones. Until next time friends, when we will inevitably purchase more chairs for the grande salon after our you tube ad revenue account replenishes. Now go forth and sit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

MojoDublin

VIP Member
View attachment 690335 :oops: Oh dear...finally some rest now when I can stop worrying about Tatyana. Puh! Now we can look forward to seeing her dancing with her legs high up around Selmar. Such a relief. So what was the verdict, are we allowed to be nasty to Dan or not? I am not going to anyway, I like the man. I will stick to being nasty to Teabag, he bloody deserves a bit of it.:devilish: Has Andrew stopped cleaning and packed his bags already? He must be gagging for some cock variety by now and the city lights! What is this business about everyone changing their names? Who has the stroppy lady turned into? (The rasta profile pic, she liked to put me in my place, I kind of miss her) Mojo Dublin darling, please don't ever change, it is all very confusing. And make me a VIP, will you, I feel like a servant with my "active member" tag. I am not active at all, I am definitely a VIP! 🍸:LOL:
You are simply incorrigible…

But like you I miss @Viva La Loca
Almost a VIP herself and gone … @FrenchGirl123 looks to have done the same thing 😢

As for ViP …. You know how to win that race ….. ketchup

Darling I’d award 🥇 all tattlers VIP … and I read and like 👍 heart it all … it’s important as it takes time and guts to voice an opinion …. And we can be a tough ( but fair) crowd

However as you ARE an MVP ….

As a quick exercise
( from the bed I’m not getting up ⬆ )

Seems you have been a little light on the auld postings - and listed below are ppls that seem to have overtaken you …..

All of us are delighted 😀 when ya show up 🆙 😈

I kept one of your best prose for the 50th thread 🧵
Don’t disappear 😎 - you and @Gibson same week …..
@Espe had a big one this week …
Holding the ropes at the VIP bar
@Milre is floating about ….🍹
@Clara Burnett
@Jeeves
@Moderator …. Will you please send the pilot 👩‍✈️ Back .. 🙏

@Marquis de Potpourri and @TheTaxInspector better be out on the lash - trying to find @lolander and @Linus - who are in search of an indoor seat at a pub ( no not yet in Ireland )

@sandro37 arrived back
🥇😎💳😎💳🥇😎
to a whole list of welcomed tattlers and @purejuice is fast approaching status 🍸
@Parrfect Porcelane MIA
@Green Fairy 🧚🏻‍♀️ chasing @Pansygirl on cocktails 🍹

@chillijam on the ☎ Begging off 😈
Sent @LonePalm to sort it 😈
@arwensgal1975 popping champagne 🍾 with @Blacksheep

@Marten taking one for the team at the altar of SSB - awarded the stable for services rendered 😈

@ploppityplop2 🍾🍸✈

While @OhIDontKnow and @FrankieG
Are holding their own 🥃
@OneMoonbeam is circling

🍸organised a swift one taking @Jikki2 and @ComtesseRose and @Mummy Dearest to a drive by of the shit ooo awaiting the recognisance -
@Arfarf was spotted … 🍹 in hand 🤚 @Pno was parking the DB9

@KiKiGee and @Hemerocallis are booked into stay - without me knowing …😈 concerned for their safety doesn't cover it 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸
@Maple fairy and @BlackWolf are checking out the Danes their insta has gone quiet 🤫

@Seeingitasitis told @witchgrass …. That @Kickintheass … thought a better solution to @Petit Sange - and @MsPitstop was to just start on the cocktails 🍹 as
@Phoenix Richard-Bingham had the credit card 💳 from M
@

Only to be outdone by the triplets @Pekey @Alice Strictknickers &
@Dippy Hippy all toasted their cocktails 🍸 whilst almost overtaking your postings

@Flybynight @Beachgirl @AndAnotherName doing body shots off Philipa 3 - taking the piss 🥃

@nuffsaid
@notanangel
@CountessPompidoo
@apres la deluge
@wibblywobbly
@Midnightcowboy
Regular attendance 🍸🍸🍸 at the table of tattle…..

@Irishbear1976 better return the ✈ 😈

@La Brocanteuse did a fly over … awaiting info 😈

It’s decided only thing for it is to bestow the name bond ….
James Bond 😈

As to which incumbent of the roll you see yourself as
We await your pleasure at the BAR
M

If I left anyone off the roll call ☎
I’ll call ☎ and apologies
M
😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Veda Pierce

Hi everybody,

I'm new here but have been reading for a few weeks. Like many others, MP brought me here because my reaction to some of his vlogs were: "WTF" and I figured I couldn't be alone in having the impression that he was taking his viewers for a ride. It's a shame because, before his Christmas vlogs last December, I rather enjoyed his output... sometimes sped up.

Anyhow, I thought some of you might be curious about the château Sara and Steve bought in Dordogne, so here is a link to a real estate agent's website regarding their - future - new home. The asking price was 1.32M euros (which seems a bit high to me, but Dordogne is a very fashionable département, especially amongst the British community). The tower was built in the 16th century and the rest of the building was built in the Renaissance style. There is 15 ha of land. I think the inside is nice, but still too expensive considering one façade of the building is right off the road and the chateau itself is not all that grand. But then again, château real estate is expensive in Dordogne.

I wonder what their immigration status in France is, they're not supposed to stay more than 90 days in France and I doubt they have already obtained a "carte de séjour" knowing how complicated French administration can sometimes be...

https://immoglobe.ch/a-vendre/hautefort/maison-20-pieces-700-m2/415646/

• Heart
Reactions: 49

MrsPoker

Can someone please clarify why everyone is fair game apart from ‘Dan the man’? How does this work? As you’ve all established I’m a newbie with half a dozen posts. Maybe help explain to some of us why he gets a free ride even though he grifted before he’d even turned on the camera.

You do realise that he set up a Patreon account in his first intro video and a GoFundMe for a renovations project. Nobody on YouTube does that. Unless they’re using their position of fame and popularity from this trou du cul niche of YouTube to exploit the generous Christians of the mid-west.

There is a scale of shit and anyone who opened up a Patreons account moment after registering their YouTube account is on it. I just don’t understand the double standards on the grifting and why some are hammered and others are seen as saints.
Millions of people make money from Youtube & patreon, that in itself is not something to criticise someone for, after all they create entertainment for the viewers who have the choice to contribute financially or not. Personally I relate to Dan in a way I dont with Stephanie. No one denies she is entitled to her youtube income, but its hard to stomach when these chateau owners get more in a month than most people earn in a year, on the pretense of securing their chateaus, then are seen swanning about flouting covid travel rules, buying incredibly expensive shit they want but dont need and ignoring the one thing they promised to invest in.

Dan is a likeable fella, loves his wife and kids, works hard, and has the opportunity to make a few quid on youtube, just like all the others, after all, its ok for Stephanie to feature him in her vlogs and make money - Im sure I would feel that if I was entertaining enough for people to watch on her channel, there may be people who would like to watch on my own vlog, and at least get some of the revenue! . He lives in a run down house he is working hard to do up himself, as a home. He wants a new gizmo or gadget outside his family budget, so he does more videos, more shifts. I see him as hardworking and honest and find his youtube pleasurable to watch. No one imagines he is perfect, or everyones cup of tea, but it seems the goings on with Stephanie and LaLa Land have been sufficient to merit almost 50 threads on here of continual discussion/concern/debate, particularly regarding patreon money and the weekly gift grab that she, a well off woman by most peoples standards, positively encourages! I feel quite protective of Dan to be honest, and he as far as I can see, has done nothing to merit anyone going out of their way to attack him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
So if I understand, you were angry with Trotter "coming out"? Why would you be angry about that?
Noooooo.. I was angry because he was taking profit of his coming out to ask money...
I deprecate everybody asking for money and selling his dignity on the TUBE.
I do not care of the sexuality of anybody..

• Heart
Can someone please clarify why everyone is fair game apart from ‘Dan the man’? How does this work? As you’ve all established I’m a newbie with half a dozen posts. Maybe help explain to some of us why he gets a free ride even though he grifted before he’d even turned on the camera.

You do realise that he set up a Patreon account in his first intro video and a GoFundMe for a renovations project. Nobody on YouTube does that. Unless they’re using their position of fame and popularity from this trou du cul niche of YouTube to exploit the generous Christians of the mid-west.

There is a scale of shit and anyone who opened up a Patreons account moment after registering their YouTube account is on it. I just don’t understand the double standards on the grifting and why some are hammered and others are seen as saints.
Just a few possible reasons:
He works bl**dy hard, he does not beg, he delivers what he says he will, he is down to earth, has a good and sometimes refreshingly self deprecating sense of humour, he does not think he is the bee's knees, he does not spend on luxuries, he does not think designer labels are a necessitiy, he does not do name dropping, he loves his partner/wife and his kids, he admits mistakes that he makes while doing up his house, he does not need a shitoo to be happy, (ok, and he is a bit of a looker, but we won't mention that here, will we! :p
His are one of the very few vlogs I enjoy watching. Absolutely no cringe factor.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Hello everyone - a former lurker has joined the club. Laughed and said YES to many of your posts! Many YT vlogs I have watched - briefly or to the bitter end, they have changed my mind on the chateau restoration channels. No longer fun, escape the lock down situation - where they gained viewers. This is serious money - with no negative comments making their channel pages. I thought I was alone - watching crazy bedheads - toile mania....ugly. Out of sync vlogs. Spin off channels so boring - who needs a sleeping pill? Then I found YOU! Confirming my best belief in humanity that not everyone can fall for the hype all of the time. Teabags was my final awakening - asking for money for what? Being alive? Many times I have cringed at the shaddy caddy gift grabs - closed my eyes at the kitchen in the shatoo - we all eat here situation. I am assuming now people are travelling to the - love, life, laughter venue and finding it lacking. That's fine, people can do what they like with their money. I am also assuming that the fall out from tea bags will shake the chateau community to the core. Well, I can hope! Cheers!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
And, he did it all, himself.
So, when people start complaining about him AGAIN not coming up with the goods, he will release a "The truth about why it finished with Andrew", where he can be a victim because he did not know Andrew was a hooker. :coffee: :rolleyes: If any of his patreons are reading this,- STOP supporting a lost cause, Gwen will call you a homeophobe yes, but stop. Buy yourself something nice instead. I am 100% sure Michael will never keep his promises to Patreons, his pockets are full of holes :LOL: he is not any good with money. I am, that is my job, so please my dear friends, never say 110%, or 200% (Sandro! :love:) or anything else more than 100%. There IS no more than 100%, mathematically it HURTS to see this in writing. I have told my daughter off for this enough to make her stop. Right, back to work, have a nice day! :geek:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Congratulations to VIP MEMBER @Espe :m:m:m:m:m:m
WHAT A YEAR.......
we have a few approaching VIP ....

Most Liked post previous thread

Seeingitasitis
Chatty Member

Monday at 11:10 PM
Arfarf said:
I think he knows which side his bread is buttered on and will never fess up. Darn it!
I love Dan and I am keeping the faith.

Speculating about Dan's sexuality is unfair. He is married, behaves with propriety and has given us no doubt whatsoever about where his interests lie - firmly with Annalise. He seems to me to be a lovely family man and hails from Portsmouth. Cannot do wrong in my book. We are making ourselves less than we are if we speculate with no evidence or foundation. Just my Humble Opinion and no, I am not Brenda. 😂

Last edited: Monday at 11:19 PM
Reactions:You, AndAnotherName, iglie and 72 others

• Heart
Reactions: 42

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
I love Dan
Dan's the Man
I just love the way
He holds a watering can
And the way he uses his hose
To water every bush, flower and rose
No one can do what Dan can cos Dan's the Man
He's not like all the other scroungers and Michael Peter Pan
He's a very modest man is Dan and he likes to live the simple life
Living in a very small house doing a bit of DIY with his kids and his wife
But would I love Dan as much as I do if he lived in a big château and he was well-to-do?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

Jeeves

VIP Member
For me personally I do not care about him if he does something i shall report on it (so far i see that he is in check)

This thread is not about him in general, but if u have something jucy please do share
I agree - Dan doesn't get a free pass here and has in the past, had fair criticism about his Patreon account, gift of a chandelier, a visit to Paris with his family, his ability as a gardener. It is interesting to note however that suddenly, along with an influx of new visitors, that we have a spate of Dan-baiting posts, including posts about his sexuality. Coincidence? I don't think so. Unlike SJ, FRK, Trotter, Ryan et al, he does at least put the work in. You can drive a double decker bus through the holes in the other timelines and storytelling.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Just a few possible reasons:
He works bl**dy hard, he does not beg, he delivers what he says he will, he is down to earth, has a good and sometimes refreshingly self deprecating sense of humour, he does not think he is the bee's knees, he does not spend on luxuries, he does not think designer labels are a necessitiy, he does not do name dropping, he loves his partner/wife and his kids, he admits mistakes that he makes while doing up his house, he does not need a shitoo to be happy, (ok, and he is a bit of a looker, but we won't mention that here, will we! :p
His are one of the very few vlogs I enjoy watching. Absolutely no cringe factor.
Spot on! 👏👏👏. He's a decent, hardworking man, using his skills to support his family.

• Heart

Dippy Hippy

VIP Member

Dan isn't a spoilt layabout. He works, has worked as a chef in the past in the UK. He hasn't relied on his parents to buy a house like SJ who hasn't had a paid job as far as we know. She was given flats in London, bankrolled by her parents, which enabled her to buy part of the chateau. SJ will inherit quite a few properties. She gets a lot of money from YouTube and Patreon, preferring to blow a lot of it in spending, partying, and going on holiday. Her choice of course, but there's a lot to be done with the chateau. To be fair to her, she was lucky, and she is very personable and likeable, I enjoy her vlogs. However, the early vlogs showed her living a rather isolated life, in the middle of nowhere, in a chateau she couldn't afford to heat or repair. She was clutching a hot water bottle, and people felt sorry for the rather pretty, sweet Cinderella figure she portrayed. No one expected her to go travelling during the pandemic, then throw large costume parties during the pandemic, while the rest of us were in lockdown. She started buying expensive clothes and fabrics. So much for the poor little Cinderella. She is coming from a better position than Dan in terms of privilege. That's why people on here like Dan. Everybody supports the struggling but hard working underdog don't they?

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Mummy Dearest

View attachment 693702one week laterView attachment 693704

Huge drop in the number of supporters. It still blows my mind how 530 people still support this d*uchebag. He's never kept any of his promises.
Ouch! If I cared at all about him, I’d say, “Pull your head out of your ass, pull your dick out of Andrew’s ass. Now film some content for your patrons and give them what you promised. Next film something for your failing channel. Finally, stop being a pretentious douchebag who thinks the world owes you something.”

Being a classy woman, raised with impeccable manners 😉, I’ll just sit back and enjoy watching him flounder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Maybe Marie is getting more upset with her privacy and that of Antoine being violated...remember that vlog Selmar made with Antoine sitting so lost in the kitchen...Marie came in..it was all very akward.. That may have been the drop for Marie...i can imagine...you want to escape your worklife for few weeks and end up with the whole shitshow making vlogs all the time...exposing your whole privatelife all the time...i guess she got remarks from people...your kid is in boardingschool and when there is time for familytime...you see Antoine totally lost in the kitchen..with Selmar..There is nobody from his age around..just a bunch of lunatics...

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Snorty

You are a total ingoramus

That’s not isolating

That’s still in the presence of everybody

Better hope you don’t inflict an illness
Tantamount to knowingly placing her in ⛔ danger

You need to be completely isolated
But you can’t abide your own company

Sending prayers to the universe for the safe keeping of your best friend
Just saw GAG and I want to offer Stephanie Jarvis a hearty congrats for reaching a new level of stupid (sounds like a thread title) with Philip's "isolation!"

Wow! Just wow! :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m

keep away please.png

And no one bothered to tell the new girl that her fly was open for the first 11 minutes! 😆 :m ;)

fly open.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37