The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't wait to be able to travel there from the UK again, my eldest son and 3 grandchildren live in Ontario, I haven't seen them for 2 years. They don't know Manor and Maker.
Hopefully you can get back here sooner than later, but time will tell. My husband and I would love a vacation somewhere but cannot commit and are waiting it out. ........ What?! They don't? I guess that they have not made the trek to the Fergus Scottish Festival ever then ;) (my husband and I went years ago as we were out for a long weekend drive and we didn't meet them either) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
As a child of a dead parent- suggesting a bone fire 🔥 of what is precious to his family would break my heart ….
I would totally agree with you, being one myself, but with the amount of hearts she has broken redundantly, caring would be hard, perhaps too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Okay, okay, I’m going to admit, I’m obsessed with that stupid mirror so I’m going to circle back to it, so bear with me…if you refer back to my previous post about it, you’ll notice on the top narrow frame, it’s a solid piece, no miter joints. On the back, at the top, the moulding is screwed on. I’m no antiques expert, but I recognize modern work when I see it. Similar intricate appliqués can be purchased from Wood U Bend, Etsy, or made with silicone molds. Anyway, Steph got bamboozled out of €700 🤣. I hope Ian walks in one day and says “I could have made that for you for €250”. Now back to our regular programming.
I think you are quite right...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What's even funnier is that there are 525 people still giving that guy money for doing nothing. Tattlers exempt, of course, for research purposes. 😉
I was a Selmar Patreon for about five minutes for research purposes. But his flicks are so boring and his stoner dementia so advanced (Angel DJ, MY ASS) what's left of my moral fiber -- :sneaky: -- uprose and commanded me to desist.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Venice or Versailles? If they are going to Versailles rather than Venice as planned in the autumn, I wonder if it may have something to do with a re-scheduled anniversary trip for Nic and Marie. I think N and M had invited SJ to go on a trip to Venice for a special anniversary but, because of travel restrictions, it could not happen. Maybe they re-scheduled it to the autumn and it's possible that SJ wanted to take PJ along with her. I can imagine that this would not go down at all well with N and M, so maybe SJ decided BJJ's birthday jaunt would now be in Versailles instead. It would otherwise be very unlike SJ to change her mind about going to Venice. N and M seem to be avoiding LL at the moment. If BJJ had any money, he could buy Nic out!

And because she probably lets the others pay for the meals out.
Doesnt it sound odd to invite another woman to celebrate your anniversary?!?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Maybe Marie is getting more upset with her privacy and that of Antoine being violated...remember that vlog Selmar made with Antoine sitting so lost in the kitchen...Marie came in..it was all very akward.. That may have been the drop for Marie...i can imagine...you want to escape your worklife for few weeks and end up with the whole shitshow making vlogs all the time...exposing your whole privatelife all the time...i guess she got remarks from people...your kid is in boardingschool and when there is time for familytime...you see Antoine totally lost in the kitchen..with Selmar..There is nobody from his age around..just a bunch of lunatics...

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It might work for their audience of gangsta-grannies but Snorty's habit of tying every single experience he has to a memory of his grandparents annoys the hell out of me. It is such a statement of immaturity, so age revealing and a continuing insult towards his parents as well, who are hardly ever mentioned. That, combined with the lack of professional passion (which he actually shares with his girlfriend who is too lazy to practice opera singing even if she was gifted a voice, not a very pleasant voice but still, she showed some ambition once but sacrificed that for the greater good of grifting) makes him unbearable to watch. Apparently he has a gig in some Dutch musical show later this year? Does that not require keeping the voice greased and up to standard? Why do we never hear any of his attempts in that direction?

• Heart
Reactions: 27

The concepts behind garniture are labyrinthine and abstract. The best ones are, garnish with ingredients of dish. Thence strawberry flowers. Which are edible, and super trendy. Cocktails with herbs sell for like $25 -- $35 with flowers. Another way to get your girl schnockered. It's organic!!!!!
ah yes but those designer drinks are typically garnished with an herb or flower for a purpose (i.e. to elevate the flavor of juniper in a gin cocktail try mint, rosemary or basil)-not just because “oh it’s pretty-let’s just pop a flower on there”

for God’s sake we aren’t on a crappy cruise ship or drinking bottom shelf rum at some tourist trap-wait as far as Lalande go I guess we are!

not everything is simply esthetics

Reactions: 8
Hm, don't know..maybe it also depends on if you pay the "fee".... I know of some that they went to Italy and organised everything there directly. But spent a couple of months there doing so, but for sure never before. Took some language classes there, but I always thought out of interest, memorised some questions they were given before... Also they went to some tiny little towns where the ancestors came from, not Rome or so. Actually it was always Sicily, when I think of? 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 Maybe if you do it from USA?
Nutty has an Italian passport, doesn't she? Do we know how she got hers?
[/QUOTE]
Not so long ago.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was a Selmar Patreon for about five minutes for research purposes. But his flicks are so boring and his stoner dementia so advanced (Angel DJ, MY ASS) what's left of my moral fiber -- :sneaky: -- uprose and commanded me to desist.
not only being DJ Angel...but DJ Devil as well... :rolleyes: case of split personality..

• Haha
Reactions: 9
kinda like all Americans sound like Texans and wear cowboy hats?
My sainted mother, highly intelligent and reasonably well educated, believed that all black people know each other. Like her old boyfriend from the early 50s would know my friend 40 years later.
People are crazy.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I don’t know what era for sure, but if I were to guess, I’d say anywhere from the mid 18th century to the mid 19th century. Steph did suspect the mirror had been replaced
the back is all pieced together as well

it’s quite a…shall we say Frankenmirror

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The newest volunteer will fix stuff for free. Fancy Fanny would have to actually pay Selmar €€€ because he's registered to work as a part time handyman in France.
I have seen no evidence direct or indirect that he's working anywhere else either.

Reactions: 11
It might work for their audience of gangsta-grannies but Snorty's habit of tying every single experience he has to a memory of his grandparents annoys the hell out of me. It is such a statement of immaturity, so age revealing and a continuing insult towards his parents as well, who are hardly ever mentioned. That, combined with the lack of professional passion (which he actually shares with his girlfriend who is too lazy to practice opera singing even if she was gifted a voice, not a very pleasant voice but still, she showed some ambition once but sacrificed that for the greater good of grifting) makes him unbearable to watch. Apparently he has a gig in some Dutch musical show later this year? Does that not require keeping the voice greased and up to standard? Why do we never hear any of his attempts in that direction?
I get the feeling he is brought up by his grandparents..or spent an awfull amount of time there...he reminds me of a child of a businesscouple i used to know..the kid was with his grandparents all the time...and had the same kind of habbits...talking too mature for his age.busy with the same things his grandparents did..also the not mentioning his parents is telling to me..

• Heart
Reactions: 27
To be fair...I was raised by my great grandmother, my great grandfather sadly passed when I was 2, but if it weren't for the love in that house...I wouldn't be the delightfully foul mouthed incorrigible that I am 🤣. As my parents were awful, grandparents practically non-existant...I can understand Monsieur Nostrille's love for the grandparents.
I doubt we'll hear Philly sing for his supper as no one is allowed to outshine the screeching of Fancy Fanny.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My sainted mother, highly intelligent and reasonably well educated, believed that all black people know each other. Like her old boyfriend from the early 50s would know my friend 40 years later.
People are crazy.
from Frankie & Johnny (Pfeiffer/Pacino version Feat. Nathan Lane)

Johnny: You know, I have a cousin who's gay.

Tim: Oh, most people do.

Frankie: Ready!

Johnny: He's a really great guy.

Tim: I'm sure.

Johnny: He just found out he was gay a couple of months ago.

Tim: Well, I'll look him up in the directory. Under the new listings.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Found Aphrodite squatting in the Louvre gift shop... A paaaaarfect reminder of Marie and her Norwegian nudity. Sans teeth - no reason to be self-consious...
Squatting Aphrodite | Boutiques de Musées (boutiquesdemusees.fr)
Part of the awfulness of it all is that even if MW's breasts were as good as Aphrodite's, putting them out there wouldn't be appropriate for the kind of business meeting that midsummer dinner party was.
One thing the Jarvis/Potts universe insists on is boobs of a higher class, as Potts says explicitly with his photo of the burlesque artist in his portfolio. Please notice the very, very expensive bra the STRIPPER who shows her chest for a living is wearing. Jarvis/Potts literally have no other values, so the class of tit they're selling, and how they style it, and when they show it, is important to take notice of for people like Marie.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Venice or Versailles? If they are going to Versailles rather than Venice as planned in the autumn, I wonder if it may have something to do with a re-scheduled anniversary trip for Nic and Marie. I think N and M had invited SJ to go on a trip to Venice for a special anniversary but, because of travel restrictions, it could not happen. Maybe they re-scheduled it to the autumn and it's possible that SJ wanted to take PJ along with her. I can imagine that this would not go down at all well with N and M, so maybe SJ decided BJJ's birthday jaunt would now be in Versailles instead. It would otherwise be very unlike SJ to change her mind about going to Venice. N and M seem to be avoiding LL at the moment. If BJJ had any money, he could buy Nic out!

And because she probably lets the others pay for the meals out.
She recently mentioned that Mason is visiting in October on one of the vlogs…..maybe the Orient Express trip was rescheduled for then?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.