The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quite the compliment. 😂

View attachment 689281View attachment 689286
CHATEAU DE LA LANDE
SARA & STEVE'S CHATEAU IS REVEALED!
Jul 29, 2021

comments...

Ashley Green
12 hours ago
Every time I watch the vlogs I keep thinking Stephanie looks like someone that I have seen somewhere so I kelp thinking about it and the early 90s tv show Saved by the Bell came to mind remember the early years of it the teacher named Miss biIss she looks similar to Stephanie, they all say we all have a twin out there LOL I love watching your videos.

Greg Bashjian
4 hours ago
Hayley Mills in "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" The Junior High predecessor to "SBTB". You may also remember her from the Original Version of "The Parent Trap" movie when she was in her Teen years. Stephanie does favor her in some ways. :)
They should get an eye test soon !! For starters, Miss Biss, washes and styles her hair. No 'up do's' so as not to bother from Miss Bliss ;)
[/QUOTE]
More than a passing resemblance to Grandma from the Addams Family!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Just a few possible reasons:
He works bl**dy hard, he does not beg, he delivers what he says he will, he is down to earth, has a good and sometimes refreshingly self deprecating sense of humour, he does not think he is the bee's knees, he does not spend on luxuries, he does not think designer labels are a necessitiy, he does not do name dropping, he loves his partner/wife and his kids, he admits mistakes that he makes while doing up his house, he does not need a shitoo to be happy, (ok, and he is a bit of a looker, but we won't mention that here, will we! :p
His are one of the very few vlogs I enjoy watching. Absolutely no cringe factor.
Could not have put it better. There seem to be some new arrivals (welcome, by the way, and you are entitled to your opinions) who think we should be dissing everyone who makes a vlog. Not so. Dan has had some criticism in the past, but he has really proved himself in many ways and has gained popularity through his hard work. Other people have also escaped relatively lightly - Kat for example. It would be a boring set of threads indeed if we did not give credit where it was due and judged everyone on their own merits. There is plenty to criticise without using it when none is due.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I agree - Dan doesn't get a free pass here and has in the past, had fair criticism about his Patreon account, gift of a chandelier, a visit to Paris with his family, his ability as a gardener. It is interesting to note however that suddenly, along with an influx of new visitors, that we have a spate of Dan-baiting posts, including posts about his sexuality. Coincidence? I don't think so. Unlike SJ, FRK, Trotter, Ryan et al, he does at least put the work in. You can drive a double decker bus through the holes in the other timelines and storytelling.
Agreed! I wonder if it is the jealous crowd from non successful vlogs...we can all make a guess who those are!I enjoy most of his vlogs, not all, but I am not particularly offended by the ones I don't enjoy.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Can someone please clarify why everyone is fair game apart from ‘Dan the man’? How does this work? As you’ve all established I’m a newbie with half a dozen posts. Maybe help explain to some of us why he gets a free ride even though he grifted before he’d even turned on the camera.

You do realise that he set up a Patreon account in his first intro video and a GoFundMe for a renovations project. Nobody on YouTube does that. Unless they’re using their position of fame and popularity from this trou du cul niche of YouTube to exploit the generous Christians of the mid-west.

There is a scale of tit and anyone who opened up a Patreons account moment after registering their YouTube account is on it. I just don’t understand the double standards on the grifting and why some are hammered and others are seen as saints.
Millions of people make money from Youtube & patreon, that in itself is not something to criticise someone for, after all they create entertainment for the viewers who have the choice to contribute financially or not. Personally I relate to Dan in a way I dont with Stephanie. No one denies she is entitled to her youtube income, but its hard to stomach when these chateau owners get more in a month than most people earn in a year, on the pretense of securing their chateaus, then are seen swanning about flouting covid travel rules, buying incredibly expensive tit they want but dont need and ignoring the one thing they promised to invest in.

Dan is a likeable fella, loves his wife and kids, works hard, and has the opportunity to make a few quid on youtube, just like all the others, after all, its ok for Stephanie to feature him in her vlogs and make money - Im sure I would feel that if I was entertaining enough for people to watch on her channel, there may be people who would like to watch on my own vlog, and at least get some of the revenue! . He lives in a run down house he is working hard to do up himself, as a home. He wants a new gizmo or gadget outside his family budget, so he does more videos, more shifts. I see him as hardworking and honest and find his youtube pleasurable to watch. No one imagines he is perfect, or everyones cup of tea, but it seems the goings on with Stephanie and LaLa Land have been sufficient to merit almost 50 threads on here of continual discussion/concern/debate, particularly regarding patreon money and the weekly gift grab that she, a well off woman by most peoples standards, positively encourages! I feel quite protective of Dan to be honest, and he as far as I can see, has done nothing to merit anyone going out of their way to attack him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Agreed! I wonder if it is the jealous crowd from non successful vlogs...we can all make a guess who those are!I enjoy most of his vlogs, not all, but I am not particularly offended by the ones I don't enjoy.
Maybe the Chateau are getting a little concerned about Dan's popularity and wanting to keep the hired help in his place? She doesn't risk the passive aggressive comments with him!

• Heart
  • Haha
Millions of people make money from Youtube & patreon, that in itself is not something to criticise someone for, after all they create entertainment for the viewers who have the choice to contribute financially or not. Personally I relate to Dan in a way I dont with Stephanie. No one denies she is entitled to her youtube income, but its hard to stomach when these chateau owners get more in a month than most people earn in a year, on the pretense of securing their chateaus, then are seen swanning about flouting covid travel rules, buying incredibly expensive tit they want but dont need and ignoring the one thing they promised to invest in.

Dan is a likeable fella, loves his wife and kids, works hard, and has the opportunity to make a few quid on youtube, just like all the others, after all, its ok for Stephanie to feature him in her vlogs and make money - Im sure I would feel that if I was entertaining enough for people to watch on her channel, there may be people who would like to watch on my own vlog, and at least get some of the revenue! . He lives in a run down house he is working hard to do up himself, as a home. He wants a new gizmo or gadget outside his family budget, so he does more videos, more shifts. I see him as hardworking and honest and find his youtube pleasurable to watch. No one imagines he is perfect, or everyones cup of tea, but it seems the goings on with Stephanie and LaLa Land have been sufficient to merit almost 50 threads on here of continual discussion/concern/debate, particularly regarding patreon money and the weekly gift grab that she, a well off woman by most peoples standards, positively encourages! I feel quite protective of Dan to be honest, and he as far as I can see, has done nothing to merit anyone going out of their way to attack him.
He sounds too good to be true (tongue in cheek) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Someone is really pissed about drone shots and b-rolls.

I am more than happy that Dan isn’t pretending to be someone he isn’t, and that his job and life is actually what we see in his videos. Nothing more, nothing less.
No extra sugar coati. And drone shots with funky music are better than listening to fake friendship chatter.
I landed here recently as a newbie, having been sucked into the discarded props department of a Disney Princess movie that is called Chatoo LaLande at the beginning of lockdown.

The freakn faux laughter and idiot girlie giggling there permeates EVERYTHING. It's so transparently an amateur act, cringeworthy, grating and sad. But the bumbling from unfinished 'project' to unfinished 'project' is sort of train-wrecky fun to watch! Amazing that so many people are involved in so little!

So thank you @HalcyonOrganic for introducing me to Dan's videos. I've been watching them this morning. He DOES STUFF! He gets things DONE! Given what he has to work with, it turns out fine. Love his own smart and functional kitchen (how long have he and Anna-Liese been there...? Bet they don't have mice and other unwanted guests...)

Love his choice and use of music and his pithy style too. Down to earth and real. He and Anna-Liese are who they are, not pretending to be anything but themselves. They seem focused on reality, grateful and happy about what they have and the life they're making for their little ones.

Perfect counterpoint to the old props' home.
In fact Dan and Anna-Liese are the only people I actually like (and to some extent, Ian the builder) in this whole motley cavalcade of escapist, fantasist, perennial adolescents. (Yep, I'm only just revving up to penning my thoughts on the rest LOL! I'm truly delighted that I've found you all here... such a relief to get to know others who're smart enough to see through the Sh!tooShow.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
About Dan, I'm not too keen on his vlogs but I would not call him out for his drone shots, that's petty.

Reactions: 5
Maybe the Chateau are getting a little concerned about Dan's popularity and wanting to keep the hired help in his place? She doesn't risk the passive aggressive comments with him!
Last time I looked, Dan has nowhere near the subscriber numbers of SJ. But he is growing. I see he has a smaller base of content unless he expands his horizons - only so much he can vlog about the farmhouse before stepping on toes.

Reactions: 4

I couldn't have put it better. Thank you .

• Heart
Reactions: 9
About Dan, I'm not too keen on his vlogs but I would not call him out for his drone shots, that's petty.
Look out for saturation point, when you just gloss over them. Until then, and every now and then, they are neat.

Reactions: 1
There is room out there to cater for everyone's tastes. Personally I would value a hardworking employee like Dan. I wouldn't be surprised if he was headhunted. That is what she needs to watch out for.

• Heart
I don’t understand the Dan (or garden staff at Lalande in general) hate. They have way too much work for the 2 of them. Just mowing is probably a 2 person job, to expect them to create a productive garden as well is crazy. Why don’t they just use hoses to water everything? Is there a well? Or is it town supplied water that would make a giant bill and that’s why they want to use the moat water? I grew up on a farm and we had a gas powered pump in our pond and that would water the garden through sprinklers. It doesn’t seem like it would be so hard!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Can someone please clarify why everyone is fair game apart from ‘Dan the man’? How does this work? As you’ve all established I’m a newbie with half a dozen posts. Maybe help explain to some of us why he gets a free ride even though he grifted before he’d even turned on the camera.

You do realise that he set up a Patreon account in his first intro video and a GoFundMe for a renovations project. Nobody on YouTube does that. Unless they’re using their position of fame and popularity from this trou du cul niche of YouTube to exploit the generous Christians of the mid-west.

There is a scale of tit and anyone who opened up a Patreons account moment after registering their YouTube account is on it. I just don’t understand the double standards on the grifting and why some are hammered and others are seen as saints.
It's a bit like the lozenge 'Fisherman's friend!'
Some like it and think it's the bees knees for sorting coughs and colds out...
Others think it is utter tripe and is sold under a miss pretense.
Look around you, there are hundreds of different opinions and interests.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t understand the Dan (or garden staff at Lalande in general) hate. They have way too much work for the 2 of them. Just mowing is probably a 2 person job, to expect them to create a productive garden as well is crazy. Why don’t they just use hoses to water everything? Is there a well? Or is it town supplied water that would make a giant bill and that’s why they want to use the moat water? I grew up on a farm and we had a gas powered pump in our pond and that would water the garden through sprinklers. It doesn’t seem like it would be so hard!
Do you think "hate" is a bit of an overstatement? I see it more as a concern for his future. If he is headhunted, as mentioned, it would be good thing for him (new content base) and different directions. To see more of the shittoo, even from his limited perspective, is irritating which rubs off on Dan. His style is good but needs creative direction for the future - musn't get too "samey".

Reactions: 3
i haven’t watched every lala video, but I think they have a huge water pressure problem in general. The town or village is to far away I think for a pipeline. Lala isn’t even connected to a sewage system, they have a skeptic tank. Or septic tank?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
i haven’t watched every lala video, but I think they have a huge water pressure problem in general. The town or village is to far away I think for a pipeline. Lala isn’t even connected to a sewage system, they have a skeptic tank. Or septic tank?
Definitely a water pressure problem from a ground supply with a downhill run to the shittoo. Need a big header tank and one of those water flow driven pumps to be effective (no power source required). And there is a skeptic :ROFLMAO: tank cleaned out regularly by a honeysucker service.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.