The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everybody,

I'm new here but have been reading for a few weeks. Like many others, MP brought me here because my reaction to some of his vlogs were: "WTF" and I figured I couldn't be alone in having the impression that he was taking his viewers for a ride. It's a shame because, before his Christmas vlogs last December, I rather enjoyed his output... sometimes sped up.

Anyhow, I thought some of you might be curious about the château Sara and Steve bought in Dordogne, so here is a link to a real estate agent's website regarding their - future - new home. The asking price was 1.32M euros (which seems a bit high to me, but Dordogne is a very fashionable département, especially amongst the British community). The tower was built in the 16th century and the rest of the building was built in the Renaissance style. There is 15 ha of land. I think the inside is nice, but still too expensive considering one façade of the building is right off the road and the chateau itself is not all that grand. But then again, château real estate is expensive in Dordogne.

I wonder what their immigration status in France is, they're not supposed to stay more than 90 days in France and I doubt they have already obtained a "carte de séjour" knowing how complicated French administration can sometimes be...

https://immoglobe.ch/a-vendre/hautefort/maison-20-pieces-700-m2/415646/
Oh I love the upstairs railing! I bet Stephanie is super jealous.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In relation to the said newbie poster
Me 🤔
👁 👃 🐀

….. just saying
M
😈

We have a certain @Marquis de Potpourri
Approaching VIP and @FrenchGirl123

It’s highly thrilling- considering all the flying monkeys 🐒 that attacked early on …….

Long live tattle 😈

I completely understand you thoughts - prehaps he was stunted by both budget !!! And a desire not to have him succeed
And remember NUTTI the guest manager is not going to let him show up her best friend in life roadside florist killer …..

Having seen the level of LACK of cleaning 🧼 in the cess Pitt deliplated kitchen ….. his all singing and dancing sparkly hygienist kitchen

I’d rather fish n chips 🍟 than brown sludge deliberately hidden in a ruby sauce …….

That’s the difference in a trained CHEF 👩‍🍳
And
A free Willy I’ve manifested myself so many careers- I can do none with any degree of accuracy… FRK

👋….. welcome 🙏
Always lovely to have new perspectives….

Fabulous chateau… whilst they have been the topic of much conversation 😂
Changing your life - uprooted their entire existence …
takes guts
So kudos to them …
As for the location - it’s super handy for popping off the ferry ⛴ not a long drive …. Could have been a factor ??

A chateau it is thou …. Not a farmhouse 😈
Your correct there …
Loving the gallery staircase …..
I love how you're like "this person is a 🐀 because they are tired of drone shots!" and "This person is wellllcommme! 🙏" because they have a real estate link. :ROFLMAO:
🦝

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Dan has proven to be a genius in his own right in so many ways, but unless my theory is correct, that he is making a statement about the obscene cost of a Lalande dinner by serving peasant food, this is one time I think Dan is making a bad decision. As a trained chef, he could showcase a much better fare than freakin' fish and chips, bruschetta and ratatouille, IMO. He could have showcased regional specialties! But I trust that it'll all be "cheffy and fancy and pretty." :m

View attachment 688733
But then she would want him to cook everytime
And lets not forget he is running all fay in the garden and at home afterwards maybe he is just saving energy for later when he is back home with his kids and wife

Hi everybody,

I'm new here but have been reading for a few weeks. Like many others, MP brought me here because my reaction to some of his vlogs were: "WTF" and I figured I couldn't be alone in having the impression that he was taking his viewers for a ride. It's a shame because, before his Christmas vlogs last December, I rather enjoyed his output... sometimes sped up.

Anyhow, I thought some of you might be curious about the château Sara and Steve bought in Dordogne, so here is a link to a real estate agent's website regarding their - future - new home. The asking price was 1.32M euros (which seems a bit high to me, but Dordogne is a very fashionable département, especially amongst the British community). The tower was built in the 16th century and the rest of the building was built in the Renaissance style. There is 15 ha of land. I think the inside is nice, but still too expensive considering one façade of the building is right off the road and the chateau itself is not all that grand. But then again, château real estate is expensive in Dordogne.

I wonder what their immigration status in France is, they're not supposed to stay more than 90 days in France and I doubt they have already obtained a "carte de séjour" knowing how complicated French administration can sometimes be...

https://immoglobe.ch/a-vendre/hautefort/maison-20-pieces-700-m2/415646/
I find it cute and managable, rhe repairs might not be as costly as some other old dumps,
It looked that SJ wasnt happy that they also have tower (another princess in town?!?!!!!!), dont ask me why I sense this, just go by her personality, by what she was drawnt to predominantly the reason for buying her ruin

Last edited:
  • Haha
Still. Peasant food at a pretentious chateau is a statement. Good job, Dan!
Anyone can get fish and chips for a lot less than €50 anywhere, but it's a nice change from Marie's roast chicken and roast pork with honey lemon dressing, summer salad with strawberries, and lemon meringue with lemon curd.
SJ would have signed off on the menu so it’s not Dan’s fault really 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
SJ would have signed off on the menu so it’s not Dan’s fault really 😂
If so she signed off on cod. Salmon is too delicately flavoured a fish to coat in batter and fry. Poached, steamed or baked none of these should be accompanied by chips.

Reactions: 7
The salmon is the least of the menu. It's designed to show off the garden produce, with tomatoes for the salad raw and cooked, potatoes for the frites dug same day, ratatouille and berries fresh from the garden. It's well designed to be partially cooked in his clean home kitchen, without much last minute cooking at the chateau. He's waiting until the last minute to pick the berries. It's thoughtful and well-executed and the first meal ever at Lalande I'm aware of to feature garden produce. I don't think it's worth 50€ but that's not his decision and no number of pain in the ass sauces would make it so.
Here's the €31 dinner from a local restaurant: You need spacious onsite refrigeration to cook like this (vichyssoise, terrine, foie gras) and an empty kitchen to make sauces or slow cook veal. Not sure veal, calf's head, bream, or duck would sell to SJ's very unsophisticated punters, who probably would freak at the thought of eating guinea hen too. SJ's amateur kitchen does not provide any such opportunities of cooling, cooking, or exotic meat choices. Salmon and frites, perfectly judged.

I politely disagree, when SJ emminent clan is present, they try so hard to have the fanciest meals, but with guest it is afterthough as it is with staff (with the staff I get it, they are eating for free but guest? Everything is set up in a way so they do not bother them the slighthest - you want lunch - ok wr pack some bag but you better eat it elsewhere; u want to eat with me the dinner you better pay for my pressence and some shaity food which is actually staffers food as well so it cannot be too fancy, cannot feed them like that all the time, they wohldnt leave! And dont be mistaken all the presents all the jams fancy wines I keep fot the time my oxbridge an will arrive!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I’d take Dan’s food over Marie’s Chicken and Garden Flowers any day, any time! Fresh battered fried fish and ratatouille, yes please! Food doesn’t need to be pretentious and fussy, it just needs to tastes good, in my book. I’ve never been intrigued by what Marie made, the fussy presentation with flowers and unnecessary garnishes looks like a Jackson Pollock on a plate. Whenever I see her drizzles, shmears of sauces, flowers, herbs, it’s a tactic to distract diners that the food is not that interesting. Sometimes more is just more, I don’t want to pick out stems of herbs and flowers off of chicken before I eat it. Leave the flowers on the strawberry plants, maybe they’ll be able to pick more than two at a time. If the garnish compliments the food, then by all means, but I don’t want to pick a sprig of thyme out of my soup.
One of the best meals I had in France was at a motel in Calais, classic french food nothing fancy but so delicious..

FRK has arrived at Miranda Ash's. She's now reading a cook book or just using it as a coaster??? As a guest, do not use a book as a coaster.

View attachment 688784 View attachment 688796
Love that book 😱

Reactions: 10
I love how you're like "this person is a 🐀 because they are tired of drone shots!" and "This person is wellllcommme! 🙏" because they have a real estate link. :ROFLMAO:
🦝
After 48 threads 🧵
…. Easy to spot
Flying monkeys 🐒 always have agenda… the complete cheek to try use tattle - for an opinion they wouldn’t voice elsewhere …

Ketchup ….😈

• Heart
Reactions: 24

They must miss this. I watch a bunch of instagram and tiktok channels, and I miss it for them. There's a spontaneity with those platforms that's missing with youtube. Was that peasant food or no?

After 48 threads 🧵
…. Easy to spot
Flying monkeys 🐒 always have agenda… the complete cheek to try use tattle - for an opinion they wouldn’t voice elsewhere …

Ketchup ….😈
Baloney. You can't voice an opinion anywhere but tattle. 885.

Reactions: 2
Now we have seen Steve and Sarahs chateau my curiosity wants to see the place SJ approved for the young woman who gave the vomit inducing "I love SJ" speech on the terrace.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
On the road again, simply splendid. Tatiana in Turkey, how does this intrigue me? In so many ways. Selmar fell for her in a big way, even taking commentators to task; her sister came out of the woodwork to ask Selmar where she is and how to contact her; and then nothing. Is this a deeper mystery than we realize? I can't help wondering.
No news of second operation to remove further gallstones, operation for 'procedure' also not yet mentioned as having occurred. Selmar very quiet about it all now, only mentioned ( a week ago) that his girlfriend is waiting for her second operation, then silence. Tatty Yana posted a rather bland comment (4 days ago) on Selmar's most recent YouTube video- but with no 'hearts'or 'love' (for the first time), previously all her posts had shown these. No response from Selmar, even though he has responded to others.
No mention of any operations on her Facebook or Instagram pages at all.
The plot thickens.

Report compiled by Tattlers Private Detective Agency, Chateau Division.

Tatty Yana circa 2018, sister Karen in black and white top
image.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Yes!!!! Thank you… this is too funny!!!
Showing her true colours…she is a ball of nasty, wrapped in a passive-aggressive shell

One of the best meals I had in France was at a motel in Calais, classic french food nothing fancy but so delicious..

Love that book 😱
I imagine she thought she was showcasing it in a “delightfully artistic” way. No common sense or style with that one!

• Haha
Can someone please clarify why everyone is fair game apart from ‘Dan the man’? How does this work? As you’ve all established I’m a newbie with half a dozen posts. Maybe help explain to some of us why he gets a free ride even though he grifted before he’d even turned on the camera.

You do realise that he set up a Patreon account in his first intro video and a GoFundMe for a renovations project. Nobody on YouTube does that. Unless they’re using their position of fame and popularity from this trou du cul niche of YouTube to exploit the generous Christians of the mid-west.

There is a scale of tit and anyone who opened up a Patreons account moment after registering their YouTube account is on it. I just don’t understand the double standards on the grifting and why some are hammered and others are seen as saints.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Can someone please clarify why everyone is fair game apart from ‘Dan the man’? How does this work? As you’ve all established I’m a newbie with half a dozen posts. Maybe help explain to some of us why he gets a free ride even though he grifted before he’d even turned on the camera.

You do realise that he set up a Patreon account in his first intro video and a GoFundMe for a renovations project. Nobody on YouTube does that. Unless they’re using their position of fame and popularity from this trou du cul niche of YouTube to exploit the generous Christians of the mid-west.

There is a scale of tit and anyone who opened up a Patreons account moment after registering their YouTube account is on it. I just don’t understand the double standards on the grifting and why some are hammered and others are seen as saints.
You are so right. But, like all epiphany's, the light will dawn. Give it time. I think the shock of realizing the extent of being hoodwinked, that is until the scales fall from the eyes, is very much an avoidance thing. In time though, the reality approach sets in. It can be speeded up by questioning, like you do. But for now, it's the "new thing" phenomena at play.

Also, his bytes/bites are smaller and more palatable. Also, he has no competition or real interaction with others, his vlogs are just about him, and his bloody drone :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

For me personally I do not care about him if he does something i shall report on it (so far i see that he is in check)

This thread is not about him in general, but if u have something jucy please do share

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Welcome Fishermansfriend to tattle. I know what you mean, for me anyone on YouTube who has to have a Patreon account gets unsubscribed I'm not sure if that really hurts them ..but it makes me feel better. There are good reasons for having Patreon accounts but not for buying cars that you could work for, chateau's you want for ballroom dancing or doing up a chateau you bought with two others who are equally lazy.

• Heart
For me personally I do not care about him if he does something i shall report on it (so far i see that he is in check)

This thread is not about him in general, but if u have something jucy please do share
I agree - Dan doesn't get a free pass here and has in the past, had fair criticism about his Patreon account, gift of a chandelier, a visit to Paris with his family, his ability as a gardener. It is interesting to note however that suddenly, along with an influx of new visitors, that we have a spate of Dan-baiting posts, including posts about his sexuality. Coincidence? I don't think so. Unlike SJ, FRK, Trotter, Ryan et al, he does at least put the work in. You can drive a double decker bus through the holes in the other timelines and storytelling.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Showing her true colours…she is a ball of nasty, wrapped in a passive-aggressive shell

I imagine she thought she was showcasing it in a “delightfully artistic” way. No common sense or style with that one!
She’s so oooo behind the times - that particular cookbook was the flavour of 2019 ….

Guess she’s flatlines even hooked up to a heart monitor 😈

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.