The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 19
Dan's catering certainly appears to be a huge improvement on his predecessor! No sign of beige sludge, bit of lavender or even the anticipated battered fish. Even Fanny pulled her finger out with waitressing duties! View attachment 690057
Quality leveled up at least one hundred notches!!! (Don’t come back FRK!)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Dick has an enormous army of helpers. They are just not shown on screen.
He advertises for "helpers", to work in the gardens for a day . The helpers pay to do it! Cunning eh! I believe they get lunch though, and get to meet the Strawbridges.
I know someone who did it, pre pandemic, and loved it. I don't k ow if they still do it. Not my idea of a holiday, as I grow all my own vegs, but some people would get a lot out of it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Dan's catering certainly appears to be a huge improvement on his predecessor! No sign of beige sludge, bit of lavender or even the anticipated battered fish. Even Fanny pulled her finger out with waitressing duties! View attachment 690057
She did, however, at 0.46 to 0.48 she was tapping her fingers on the table as Dan was plating up. Boredom perhaps? In any event, no pressure Dan 🀣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It may come to the point where I don't watch the videos at all, and just come here for the knowledge my fellow nutters possess. Thank you one and all. πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
I'm already at this point, don't watch CD but try to stay up to date with tattle.
πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She did, however, at 0.46 to 0.48 she was tapping her fingers on the table as Dan was plating up. Boredom perhaps? In any event, no pressure Dan 🀣
The πŸ€doesn't appreciate how difficult it is to cook properly for paying guests. Chef Dan's dinner is something I'd definitely pay for. Also....she had to serve. Poor little πŸ€

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry I forget the username but they used to do amazing recaps of the CD vlogs - good times πŸ˜‚
Francis …. Much adored … and superb at recaps

πŸ‘‹ That was me, you’re kind to call them amazing. They were fun to do. Should I start doing them again? I got the feeling people thought they were annoying
Eh your Francis ????
Omg 😳

Delighted πŸ˜€ if you do 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Topiaries shaped like Johnny Darko's hair??? :eek:
Ashley and Johnny are strange so anything is possible. Here are my guesses.

5a5b7499be2f3a36a4689c7c734176b1.jpg
article-2390056-1B418DCD000005DC-608_634x602.jpg
321858.jpg
gettyimages-674253981-1024x1024.jpg
heligan-head.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What is it with the need for everyone to have a chateau. I would be overjoyed if I had a 2 bed house in a small town or village. I would be there for the french way of life not the amount of gardening or cleaning I need to do by having such a large property πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I'm really hoping for more of this when Peter and Anna get settled into their new home.

Reactions: 14
I'm really hoping for more of this when Peter and Anna get settled into their new home.
If the amount of stuff they had to move, which required numerous trips with big removal vans, is anything to go by, I would say that they must still have a very big property !

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Can someone please clarify why everyone is fair game apart from β€˜Dan the man’? How does this work? As you’ve all established I’m a newbie with half a dozen posts. Maybe help explain to some of us why he gets a free ride even though he grifted before he’d even turned on the camera.

You do realise that he set up a Patreon account in his first intro video and a GoFundMe for a renovations project. Nobody on YouTube does that. Unless they’re using their position of fame and popularity from this trou du cul niche of YouTube to exploit the generous Christians of the mid-west.

There is a scale of tit and anyone who opened up a Patreons account moment after registering their YouTube account is on it. I just don’t understand the double standards on the grifting and why some are hammered and others are seen as saints.
Dan isn't a spoilt layabout. He works, has worked as a chef in the past in the UK. He hasn't relied on his parents to buy a house like SJ who hasn't had a paid job as far as we know. She was given flats in London, bankrolled by her parents, which enabled her to buy part of the chateau. SJ will inherit quite a few properties. She gets a lot of money from YouTube and Patreon, preferring to blow a lot of it in spending, partying, and going on holiday. Her choice of course, but there's a lot to be done with the chateau. To be fair to her, she was lucky, and she is very personable and likeable, I enjoy her vlogs. However, the early vlogs showed her living a rather isolated life, in the middle of nowhere, in a chateau she couldn't afford to heat or repair. She was clutching a hot water bottle, and people felt sorry for the rather pretty, sweet Cinderella figure she portrayed. No one expected her to go travelling during the pandemic, then throw large costume parties during the pandemic, while the rest of us were in lockdown. She started buying expensive clothes and fabrics. So much for the poor little Cinderella. She is coming from a better position than Dan in terms of privilege. That's why people on here like Dan. Everybody supports the struggling but hard working underdog don't they?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
😈😈😈
Raspberrybrulee
Raspberrybrulee
Jan 9, 2021
Come on Brenda Gibbons, don't deny it, you've just googled Edmond von Fokker haven't you?? :ROFLMAO:
HahaLikeHeart Reactions: You, sammy13, Dora Monk and 29 others

😈😈😈

Raspberrybrulee
Raspberrybrulee
Oct 28, 2020
Philip split from his boy band
so he tried his luck at La Lande
with his long curly hair
he upholstered a chair
but on tattle.life he got panned!
LikeHahaHeart Reactions: You, BladeGunner, Gipsymom and 19 others
😈😈😈

PeacockQueen
PeacockQueen
Oct 30, 2020
Our Lady of the Lake's hair is fabulous, infinitely better than the yellow straw atrocity a la Monsieur Trottski - proving him to be a Jacques of all trades and Master of none.

As with most of his "talents" its all sizzle and no sausage.

Which is unfortunate as I think he is secretly a big fan of sausage.
HahaLike

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
😈

ChocLili
ChocLili
Oct 23, 2020
β€œI live here all the time and I’m regularly joined by my family, my friends and wonderful, yet lately somewhat unhinged, volunteers from all over the world, who help me restore this wonderful chateau and its defences. Welcome to Lalande, a place of unopened gifts, unwritten postcards and nervous laughter!”
HahaLike
Reactions: You, Ireluinar, Gipsymom and 16 others

😈😈😈😈

Raspberrybrulee
Raspberrybrulee
Oct 22, 2020
On this forum there seems to be people from different ends of the snarkiness spectrum and I really enjoy the differing opinions which are highly entertaining at times. Most of us really like Stephanie and her vlog and I think that highlighting any odd or shady behaviour or questioning peoples' motives is absolutely fine, however gratuitous nastiness doesn't sit too comfortably with me.

That said, I've loved snarking at hopelesscoffeeaddict this week but only because he/she threw the first punch and believe that anyone who gives it out should be able to take it!
😈😈😈

pettyicequeen
Oct 16, 2020
NotAChatelaine said:
Before I'm leapt upon for being unnecessarily harsh or unkind about Marie's floristry, I've done flowers for weddings and also parties/events in private homes and marquees, so my thoughts are based on a smidgeon of experience! Anyway, whatever she chooses to do I do hope It works out. At the moment I feel she's slightly swimming through treacle, juggling her time between flowers and cooking for all and sundry at Ch. Laplande. Sometimes she looks both exhausted and deflated.
You shouldn't be leapt upon - we should all be allowed to be as snarky and as critical as we want, that's the whole point of this forum and of Tattle (see forum rules). No idea when this constant tone-policing started to happen here, but as the one who actually started the Chateau Diaries threads, I'm not a fan of it, as this wasn't intended to be a forum for the fans only, it's a place to openly and safely voice critique.

Profound 🧐 from the original tattler
M
😈

Come on there’s a bounty to remember 😈

• Heart
Reactions: 23
He's a nice enough guy, but his vlog is fairly boring and pedestrian. All these other vlogs are successful because they give us some drama, cringe or whatever that gets an emotional response. Love 'em or hate 'em, we watch. Dan may have a small cadre of thirsty viewers who like beanpole guys who sweat in a garden, but that's a pretty small audience unless he brings us something to wag our tongues about.
For your consideration I offer up Renovation East: 107k subs, no drama, just renovation and a soothing voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Whilst I take your point - the Chateau is providing great fayre if Dan is cooking. So if I was staying there, my choices are a taxi to this restaurant. Pay for an aperitif and wine and an after dinner drink and coffee. Have a taxi back. Have my dietary needs been catered for? My meal will be alone or with the company I have taken with me. At LaLande, no travel, all these said items included and it would be fascinating to spend an evening with them. I might have to dry up the dishes, and I might get a dance. Clearly the people who go there are not only interested in the food and how much it will cost. Sure, it may not be an inexpensive option but I think it is priced so that if they have four or more guests the cost would work out that all of the chateau occupants are eating for free after all the costs are taken into account. As Clara has pointed out before, SJ believes people should pay for her company.
€50 is quite reasonable for a 3 course meal with drinks, (especially if the wine flows freely.) At least it seems reasonable to me but I live in the UK, where the cost of living is expensive. I've just had a lovely one course lunch with no drinks which cost me Β£11 or €12. 89. .

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.