Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Forgive me I tried almost sure it was posted here

METHERICK said 5 daily blogs

Can hear the bell toiling ….
Unclean
Unclean
Unclean

He couldn’t lie straight in a bed 🛏

• Haha
Reactions: 37

CountessPompidoo

VIP Member
Agreed! I wonder if it is the jealous crowd from non successful vlogs...we can all make a guess who those are!I enjoy most of his vlogs, not all, but I am not particularly offended by the ones I don't enjoy.
Dan has really grown on me. Tbh I didn't like his vlogs in the beginning. He came across as a tadge patronising towards Annalise and anal about that new kitchen, completely overriding her ideas. Wouldn't have happened in a new kitchen of mine even of my Hubby was an ex-chef.
However, he's really finding his MoJo now and Annalise clearly isn't the doormat I thought she was. I like them both. And if it was her idea to get Dan a job at the Shitoo and then start vlogging, she's not just a pretty face either.

Reactions: 36

Mummy Dearest

I’d take Dan’s food over Marie’s Chicken and Garden Flowers any day, any time! Fresh battered fried fish and ratatouille, yes please! Food doesn’t need to be pretentious and fussy, it just needs to tastes good, in my book. I’ve never been intrigued by what Marie made, the fussy presentation with flowers and unnecessary garnishes looks like a Jackson Pollock on a plate. Whenever I see her drizzles, shmears of sauces, flowers, herbs, it’s a tactic to distract diners that the food is not that interesting. Sometimes more is just more, I don’t want to pick out stems of herbs and flowers off of chicken before I eat it. Leave the flowers on the strawberry plants, maybe they’ll be able to pick more than two at a time. If the garnish compliments the food, then by all means, but I don’t want to pick a sprig of thyme out of my soup.

• Heart

FrankieG

But how about the positano diaries garden?It full to the brim with veggies and there's only 1-2people working on it,with full time jobs...and no digger😉
Reminds me of my dad's garden. He used to work 10 hour days on construction, and spend 2 hours every evening tending it. When the gardener loves his/her garden, it shows. It's a job for Dan and he works in a toxic zoo.

I move the cursor to your avatar on the left of your message and I see that you have made 454 messages.
1000 posts, Phoenix.
At the rate I post, SJ will be in a care home and BJJ will visit her on the weekends with his husband before I become a VIP member. He will sneak in liquor-filled chocolates because they won't let her have booze.

• Haha

Sami Lee

VIP Member
Someone is really pissed about drone shots and b-rolls.

I am more than happy that Dan isn’t pretending to be someone he isn’t, and that his job and life is actually what we see in his videos. Nothing more, nothing less.
No extra sugar coati. And drone shots with funky music are better than listening to fake friendship chatter.
I landed here recently as a newbie, having been sucked into the discarded props department of a Disney Princess movie that is called Chatoo LaLande at the beginning of lockdown.

The freakn faux laughter and idiot girlie giggling there permeates EVERYTHING. It's so transparently an amateur act, cringeworthy, grating and sad. But the bumbling from unfinished 'project' to unfinished 'project' is sort of train-wrecky fun to watch! Amazing that so many people are involved in so little!

So thank you @HalcyonOrganic for introducing me to Dan's videos. I've been watching them this morning. He DOES STUFF! He gets things DONE! Given what he has to work with, it turns out fine. Love his own smart and functional kitchen (how long have he and Anna-Liese been there...? Bet they don't have mice and other unwanted guests...)

Love his choice and use of music and his pithy style too. Down to earth and real. He and Anna-Liese are who they are, not pretending to be anything but themselves. They seem focused on reality, grateful and happy about what they have and the life they're making for their little ones.

Perfect counterpoint to the old props' home.
In fact Dan and Anna-Liese are the only people I actually like (and to some extent, Ian the builder) in this whole motley cavalcade of escapist, fantasist, perennial adolescents. (Yep, I'm only just revving up to penning my thoughts on the rest LOL! I'm truly delighted that I've found you all here... such a relief to get to know others who're smart enough to see through the Sh!tooShow.)

• Heart
  • Haha

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Could not have put it better. There seem to be some new arrivals (welcome, by the way, and you are entitled to your opinions) who think we should be dissing everyone who makes a vlog. Not so. Dan has had some criticism in the past, but he has really proved himself in many ways and has gained popularity through his hard work. Other people have also escaped relatively lightly - Kat for example. It would be a boring set of threads indeed if we did not give credit where it was due and judged everyone on their own merits. There is plenty to criticise without using it when none is due.
I find it real interesting that no "old" friends seem to have arrived for holiday and parties this year yet. Normally, that seasons starts right after Easter and they are always around "helping" their favorite shittelaine with their inspiring presence. But none this year so far. And no elusive N, far less attention from Potty and his girlfriend who is toom ashamed to be on camera anyway. Could it be they all fear our critical judgements? Or has the truth about the real SJ finally hit them too?

Maybe the Chateau are getting a little concerned about Dan's popularity and wanting to keep the hired help in his place? She doesn't risk the passive aggressive comments with him!
Nail on the head. From what I've heard she is really annoyed with him shooting vlog material during working hours. The passive aggressive comments don't work on him because he has no real respect for her to begin with, for obvious reasons. He will not adore her like she needs to be adored and that's a big frustration for her. He has build a large fan base, making it harder for her to just give him the sack. My guess is she will use Davy more and more to make Dan's efforts more in line with what she wants. But once the madness of her garden plans start, I suspect Dan will step down anyway. He's far too creative to play second fiddle and only follow her outrageous orders. SJ has a shining track record of demotivating even her most loyal employees with her insane ideas and Dan will be no exception to that rule.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
ma-55004-WEB.jpg
:oops: Oh dear...finally some rest now when I can stop worrying about Tatyana. Puh! Now we can look forward to seeing her dancing with her legs high up around Selmar. Such a relief. So what was the verdict, are we allowed to be nasty to Dan or not? I am not going to anyway, I like the man. I will stick to being nasty to Teabag, he bloody deserves a bit of it.:devilish: Has Andrew stopped cleaning and packed his bags already? He must be gagging for some cock variety by now and the city lights! What is this business about everyone changing their names? Who has the stroppy lady turned into? (The rasta profile pic, she liked to put me in my place, I kind of miss her) Mojo Dublin darling, please don't ever change, it is all very confusing. And make me a VIP, will you, I feel like a servant with my "active member" tag. I am not active at all, I am definitely a VIP! 🍸:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Very good point @MojoDublin! I didn't factor in the paid Patrons. That is why I could never get a good gauge on the average monthly $$ paid amount. Yes, I reckon we should all get on eBay or Etsy and see if his precious Spode is posted! :ROFLMAO: I wonder if he will mention it once belonged to a "famous" YouTuber?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have some figures. MP had 5.600 euros (or $) when he left for Madrid. 6 weeks later, when he removed the amount it was 4.400.. So he lost in patreon numbers but a lot more in values..

Excuse me for my English. I am italian with a degree in italian literature. I can write in latin because my studies were classic. ( i can also easily understand french and spanish) I join tattle 1 month ago after 5 months of enjoying reading the comments here. I thought it was possible with my poor english to make my comments. It was the day i became mad at MPcoming out.
I was probably wrong.. Buonanotte

• Heart
Reactions: 35

MojoDublin

VIP Member
He's a nice enough guy, but his vlog is fairly boring and pedestrian. All these other vlogs are successful because they give us some drama, cringe or whatever that gets an emotional response. Love 'em or hate 'em, we watch. Dan may have a small cadre of thirsty viewers who like beanpole guys who sweat in a garden, but that's a pretty small audience unless he brings us something to wag our tongues about.
Seems he’s got his subscribers moving steady and a constant following- and that’s without tattle

Slow and steady and engaged
Seems he’s on a highway 🛣 to succeed

More power to them ….. all 😈

I’m still getting a whiff of flying monkeys 🐒 ….
Are you renting your chateau??

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Sami Lee

VIP Member
“I love being self-employed!!”

Self-employed my a$$! 😅🤣🤮
E-begging is not an employment, foolish woman.

View attachment 693321
This load of self-congratulatory codswallop really gets my goat.

For goodness sake, she does what most Mums do just about every morning before getting themselves ready for work and the children fed and ready for school -so they can all get out the front door at 8.30am...and she thinks her 'achievement' is so wonderful that it deserves a big photo and a smug wallow in her sycophantic followers' sugar? What planet is she on?

"Self-employed"? Self-unemployed more like.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

BlackWolf

Chatty Member
I understand that but I was insulted ( Quebeois speak our crappy version of "French" )- so yes, I have every right to be aggressive, thank you.
Aggression is a choice, not a right. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Just saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
Selmar Duin
Finally she had here second operation. Because I reach out on Facebook to look for somebody how now somebody in Turkey Istanbul Charlotte send me than an message that she had a friend how is a doctor and has a clinic in Istanbul. So Tatyana went to that clinic and they did the surgery. She now is in recovery and Hopefully she can travel save to here home. Charlotte thank u so much for your help and I will thank you all for the support and wishes and prayers. It really helped here. I am going to travel to Holland in August and going to pick up Tatyana in September and than whe travel together to France. To la Lande where she is going to stay for a while and. Finally whe going to meet.

Tatty’s second op has taken place. So odd all info is through a 3rd party! 🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

purejuice

VIP Member
Not at all. No one is offended. Just cannot be bothered to read rubbish. Dan is not immune to criticism but wild accusations without foundation or even the slightest chance of being possible are just not worth our reading time. Being rude to other tattlers is not tolerated here. Other threads may welcome the need of some people to think this is a forum to be rude to others. Hope you make the right decision and stay with us.
I very much like the point about wild accusations with no chance of possiibility. I actually don't come here for that, and avoid other forums I'm interested in because of the low fact/common sense content.
One of the things I like most about you geniuses is the subtlety and sensitivity with which the videos are apprehended and adjudicated, the investigative reporter skills, the tax law, EU COVID and immigration law, French and gay culture tips. Not to mention YT algorithms which are the news from Mars to me.
It may come to the point where I don't watch the videos at all, and just come here for the knowledge my fellow nutters possess. Thank you one and all. 💐💐💐

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Helloooooo again...great posts peeps! You probably have this on a thread somewhere I have not come across yet (let me know) but how did everyone start watching CD? Yes, I am typical when lock down was in full swing - but it came to my attention via a channel Nicki Positano. I love Positano and binged watched her vlogs. In one she did a shout to CD, a video about: "what channels do you watch". So, I checked it out. Was entertained at first till something looked so odd..I think it was the general lack of privacy to all who lived there and the weird projects. Anyway - if I am right SJ never gave NP a shout out or mention, in return for what clearly gained her subscribers. Now, Nicki Positano has just got better in all vlogs and has over taken CD for subscribers. That truly makes me happy! With a small garden and family members they produce so much food and actually work on preserving it for the winter. I know lala is different in ambitions but you would think with the hoard that lives there - food would be a priority?? Or am I being far too practical? :)

• Heart
Reactions: 32

KiKiGee

VIP Member
‘Bonne Maman’ is the polite French term for ‘Grandmother’, has been reinvented again. Where did this furniture come from??? It's all starting to look the same. A room for two but you can entertain a large crowd if needed. Can someone at Lalande fix the wonky lampshades??? You can hear the sheep bleeding??? 😂

228414816_130148185969528_6105055625452583376_n(1).jpg

theladyofcharente

The absolutely lovely @chateaudelalande. This very special bedroom sits in a square large tower and thus profits from views on two sides looking out over rolling fields. You can hear roosters crowing and sheep bleeding in the distance. A prettier picture of the charms of rural life cannot be found. @chateaudelalande
11h

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32