The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm... She doesn't want FRK returning, and she dislikes Dan's popularity.
Who does she want to have cook for her? 🤷‍♀️
SJ doesn't want to do any work. We've seen Phillys' blue garlic soup. We've seen Sillymar's apple pies. 💆‍♀️
The only one who seem to be a decent cook would be Nutty, but she is always busy forgetting things... 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Look who's making promises he can't keep, AGAIN. Gosh, he must be getting so desperate...
Daily vlog? A leaf out of Dan's book by the sound of it; with immediate cash flows maybe? How does youtube make payment - daily, weekly, monthly?

SJ doesn't want to do any work. We've seen Phillys' blue garlic soup. We've seen Sillymar's apple pies. 💆‍♀️
The only one who seem to be a decent cook would be Nutty, but she is always busy forgetting things... 🤦‍♀️
Being the head farmer has it's challenges, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Teabegger desperately needs the money from daily vlogs because he now has another mouth to feed. Apparently Rentboi has moved in for good.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
She doesn't care about the quality of food she serves her guests. Nutty asked the French(?) guy volunteer if he can cook so it's anyone who walks in and wants to, can do it. Otherwise, it's so much easier to hire a local cook.

Reactions: 22
I keep wondering if she tried to get Kat to stay to do the cooking and that’s why she left under the pretense of it being necessary for her to return to the UK for a month …..not sure why she keeps returning…..Dan cannot do the cooking all of the time so “….where’s the new cook?” In my opinion….anyone is better suited than FRK who wants to do nothing but steal and spin (florals) and sit about writing in her wish journal. Not to derail but when I was her age I was working over 40 hours a week at a high-pressure job, working on a house that was half built, doing all of the paperwork for two apartment buildings, and all of the domestic work that is necessary in your own home, as well as dealing with a (spoiled) husband etc. and paying for my own car etc. What has she to be resentful about? That is the attitude that she gives off with her various facial expressions, crazy Instagram posts and videos ….an adult body but the mind of a child much like SJ and company. In the land of Chateau Never Never de Lande.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Hello everyone - a former lurker has joined the club. Laughed and said YES to many of your posts! Many YT vlogs I have watched - briefly or to the bitter end, they have changed my mind on the chateau restoration channels. No longer fun, escape the lock down situation - where they gained viewers. This is serious money - with no negative comments making their channel pages. I thought I was alone - watching crazy bedheads - toile mania....ugly. Out of sync vlogs. Spin off channels so boring - who needs a sleeping pill? Then I found YOU! Confirming my best belief in humanity that not everyone can fall for the hype all of the time. Teabags was my final awakening - asking for money for what? Being alive? Many times I have cringed at the shaddy caddy gift grabs - closed my eyes at the kitchen in the shatoo - we all eat here situation. I am assuming now people are travelling to the - love, life, laughter venue and finding it lacking. That's fine, people can do what they like with their money. I am also assuming that the fall out from tea bags will shake the chateau community to the core. Well, I can hope! Cheers!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I love Dan
Dan's the Man
I just love the way
He holds a watering can
And the way he uses his hose
To water every bush, flower and rose
No one can do what Dan can cos Dan's the Man
He's not like all the other scroungers and Michael Peter Pan
He's a very modest man is Dan and he likes to live the simple life
Living in a very small house doing a bit of DIY with his kids and his wife
But would I love Dan as much as I do if he lived in a big château and he was well-to-do?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Dan isn't a spoilt layabout. He works, has worked as a chef in the past in the UK. He hasn't relied on his parents to buy a house like SJ who hasn't had a paid job as far as we know. She was given flats in London, bankrolled by her parents, which enabled her to buy part of the chateau. SJ will inherit quite a few properties. She gets a lot of money from YouTube and Patreon, preferring to blow a lot of it in spending, partying, and going on holiday. Her choice of course, but there's a lot to be done with the chateau. To be fair to her, she was lucky, and she is very personable and likeable, I enjoy her vlogs. However, the early vlogs showed her living a rather isolated life, in the middle of nowhere, in a chateau she couldn't afford to heat or repair. She was clutching a hot water bottle, and people felt sorry for the rather pretty, sweet Cinderella figure she portrayed. No one expected her to go travelling during the pandemic, then throw large costume parties during the pandemic, while the rest of us were in lockdown. She started buying expensive clothes and fabrics. So much for the poor little Cinderella. She is coming from a better position than Dan in terms of privilege. That's why people on here like Dan. Everybody supports the struggling but hard working underdog don't they?
One detail, she didnt start during the pandemic she always was she is just poor little covert narc who has never enough, life is not fair to her and she need therefore help from others better said she is entitled to help and free pass on being spoiled 45 yr princess
So yes she was always buying luxury clothers, fabric, was always partying and going for vacation even if her pretious chateau was in disaray - she deserved a little retail therapy or being whisked to fun trip or just visit her african property, the best paid by others...

• Heart
Reactions: 18

They must miss this. I watch a bunch of instagram and tiktok channels, and I miss it for them. There's a spontaneity with those platforms that's missing with youtube. Was that peasant food or no?
OMG. The Goddess workshop! Thank you for reminding me, @witchgrass ! :LOL: Look here- 11:08 onwards. The Goddess herself doing a (mad) jig: :eek::eek::eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is BJJ and his immune compromised friend cooking and eating for themselves in the gite? I don't get travelling cross countries during a pandemic to then stay in a cold chateau with questionable cleanliness with peacock and chicken poo all outside. Weird. BJJ could have taken her somewhere else and they both had a holiday
When will we see a photo of her ..... perhaps Squirrel Boy might do a "Meghan Markle" and dangle her foot out the door and photo it ????

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think you're right, she may have gone to Turkey because of the long waiting lists here in the UK. Our hospitals were overwhelmed at the height of the pandemic which had a knock on effect to our present waiting lists.
I waited 2 months to get an ankle x Ray and ultrasound on the NHS recently. To be fair I wasn't in pain at all, and it wasn't an emergency in any way. Normally you would be seen within a week though. Most of the clinically trained staff were called in to Covid wards during the pandemic, and retired NHS staff like myself were contacted to cover their normal duties. You could get a fast tracked return to work assessment, (I know as I was offered one) . I didn't take it up as I was 70, and also in one of the clinically vulnerable groups. As it happens I caught Covid( not hospitalised thank goodness) and took a while to recover. The staff are now back in their normal settings , but have a tremendous backlog of routine, non urgent, elective surgery cases to catch up on, hence the long wait times. It will take a few years to get back to normal as many peoples' conditions have become more serious as a result unfortunately.
I'm not sure Tatiana had a gall bladder operation. That would be treated as an emergency, if there was any pain at all, not an elective operation, and you would still be top priority here in the UK. You would be in severe pain, and would be operated on immediately. She may have preferred to go to a private clinic to recover perhaps and Turkish clinics are cheaper. I can't imagine flying to Istanbul and getting a taxi to the hospital with gall bladder pain though. She would be doubled up in agony. It's one of the most painful conditions you can experience. I suspect myself she went for cosmetic surgery, as its common practice to go abroad for this to countries where its considerably cheaper than the UK. I think the gall bladder is an excuse. Wonder if Selmar will pick up the bill? I'm sure he's being conned.
Thank you for your professional perspective and your patient experience. I'm sorry to hear that you caught the bug and very glad to hear that you managed to avoid the need for hospitalisation. Yes, the disruption to the NHS seems to have been enormous (side question: as a professional, what do you see as the cause of the NHS's failure to manage Covid AND a normal patient load? We don't hear of other nation's health systems being so stressed and in need of 'protection').

Thank you too for the Tatiana background. Good grief! It all reeks of well-dodgy to me... especially as some of our fellow posters have suggested that she and Selmar have never met o_O

Unless it was an upfront GoFundMe, who would contribute to surgery bills for someone they've only known online?? Yes, indeed,I've had a wonky gallbladder, now calmed down thank goodness, and I couldn't even go 150mtrs to the market place shops! Travelling any further than that would have been excruciating. Why are none of Selmar's friends at LalaLande looking out for him? I've always felt he's in his own little dreamworld and not really as quick on the uptake as those around him. (Of course, that may be how Editing Stephanie chooses to portray him...:rolleyes::unsure:)

Reactions: 16
Look who's making promises he can't keep, AGAIN. Gosh, he must be getting so desperate...
Clara, I think we must send Trotter's die hard fans down into the sceptic tank with Selmar. They could immerse themselves in scepticism and ask themselves "Why should we believe him this time? What is different? How has he changed for the better? what is in this for us?" whilst old Selmar can put his head in his hands and ask himselves questions about his relationship to Tatyana...yes, I meant the head on the top of his body, not the one he has been led by so far...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Per Clara, MW was given pocket money to leave because No no, the liability lies in FRK constantly posting pictures that messed up SJ's timeline. And her unprofessional approach, despite SJ's attempts to coach her, was tearing into the tit show's public conception (SJ's words).
Also, per Clara, Dan's vlog is beginning to annoy SJ, perhaps for the opposite reason -- it's too professional. "....she is really annoyed with him shooting vlog material during working hours."
And views all material shot at the chateau as belonging to herself.
Unless she's got signed legal releases from everybody she films there, she hasn't got a legal leg to stand on with reference to their images.
I'd be interested to know what legal right Dan has to film himself at work under his NDA. I have to believe you own the rights to film your own life.
In any case, her asking aggressively for his drone shots is a warning to Dan, I'd say. And I wouldn't fork them over without payment, even token compensation, to establish the point he has the right to video his own life and she does NOT own all his videos. I think that's the idea she's angling for here. But Dan's creative input arguably makes the images his, according to one aspect of French copyright law.
Says here Dan owns the copyright of his photographs:
Whether or not Lalande or Stephanie have personality rights under French and EU law is something I'd talk to a lawyer about.
I'd also talk to a lawyer about the personality rights of everyone Jarvis films in her vlogs. They have them and should exercise them, from Marie Poupin to the chapel restorer, to MW, the Ians, Kirsty, Antoine, and the ever more powerful Dan.
As to rights of images of the chateau itself, I would suspect she needs a copyright on that. Do her Lalande incorporation documents establish that, that she owns all images of Lalande?
Clara has also noted the long term absence of SJ's two co-owners this summer. Is it that there are no more decadent parties with all their lowlife friends? Or that entertaining the decidedly unhip Patreons is now the priority at Lalande and no one louche is invited? Lest they be witnesses of SJ doing the crotch flash tango with Selmar?

Reactions: 22
She doesn't care about the quality of food she serves her guests. Nutty asked the French(?) guy volunteer if he can cook so it's anyone who walks in and wants to, can do it. Otherwise, it's so much easier to hire a local cook.
But SJ doesn't really do local, does she? What happened to Mary Poppins? Did she used to do some cooking in the past?

Reactions: 6
I don't know anything much about Selmar and his affairs but I'm wondering whether his gf is not entitled to access the NHS free (at point of need)? They're tightening up now. I was born here to British parents, all legal and above board, but last year the NHS demanded that I go in and prove my entitlement! I don't know what that was about - too many foreigners in my DNA or something daft like that? (I didn't go and see them.)
The other thing is that the waiting lists for even urgent surgery are very long now. Covid.
You mean you had to fill in a form?

Reactions: 3
Hello everyone - a former lurker has joined the club. Laughed and said YES to many of your posts! Many YT vlogs I have watched - briefly or to the bitter end, they have changed my mind on the chateau restoration channels. No longer fun, escape the lock down situation - where they gained viewers. This is serious money - with no negative comments making their channel pages. I thought I was alone - watching crazy bedheads - toile mania....ugly. Out of sync vlogs. Spin off channels so boring - who needs a sleeping pill? Then I found YOU! Confirming my best belief in humanity that not everyone can fall for the hype all of the time. Teabags was my final awakening - asking for money for what? Being alive? Many times I have cringed at the shaddy caddy gift grabs - closed my eyes at the kitchen in the shatoo - we all eat here situation. I am assuming now people are travelling to the - love, life, laughter venue and finding it lacking. That's fine, people can do what they like with their money. I am also assuming that the fall out from tea bags will shake the chateau community to the core. Well, I can hope! Cheers!
Welcome. When the eyes open, it beggars belief what SJ and mates get up to. It's not easy to assess the fallout from teabags, the community consists of enough fawners to carry on as normal. But here's a thing, teabags and the farmer-in-chief have a lot in common in that neither of them has a grasp of their realities. Sj made lakefarm into lakelessfarm by not having the nous to double check the water police and she cannot prioritize the renovation events to keep the patrons, subscribers et al impressed with her performance. Teabags is just the same, running off to foreign jaunts and deserting his allegiances and obligations; not to mention blaming others at his age for his mistake in signing his rights away to his designs. It will probably all be business as usual until the post-pandemic subscriber base shrinks. Then we will see panic and headless chicken reactions! PS I like the way the farm theme runs through this... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thank you too for the Tatiana background. Good grief! It all reeks of well-dodgy to me... especially as some of our fellow posters have suggested that she and Selmar have never met o_O
Selmar says they have never met. It's time to stick to what are purported to be the known facts. After carefully inspecting her sister's FB, and thinking through the narrative that they did not know she was ill or where she was, I think Tatiana is fragile and unwell, and I am laying off.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Is BJJ and his immune compromised friend cooking and eating for themselves in the gite? I don't get travelling cross countries during a pandemic to then stay in a cold chateau with questionable cleanliness with peacock and chicken poo all outside. Weird. BJJ could have taken her somewhere else and they both had a holiday.
THIS👆👆👆

If I were immune compromised, I👏WOULD👏NOT👏GO👏ANYWHERE👏UNSAFE👏
Even if she was his only best friend in the whole wide world, would she even be able to see the rest of the dump? Are they staying in a gîte for the duration of her time there.
When will we see a photo of her ..... perhaps Squirrel Boy might do a "Meghan Markle" and dangle her foot out the door and photo it ????
This one, really is upsetting. I have used a translator (Dutch to English) so I hope it is correct.
Well hells bells, BJJ really does have a friend that is immunocompromised. The real question is why would she travel with BJJ to Lalande???
IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!! KIDS THESE DAYS!!!!! Was she promised a meet and greet with Tess Hoffman's man Adam Guettel??? I will worry about this poor child's stay at Lalande and the lack of covid protocols.

230018548_576615873509194_5851440213481288405_n(1).jpg

maaikrophone

Op vakantie met @audreytales, op bezoek bij @philipjanssen 🧡☀
Audrey is the happiest baby, I think she wants to stay in France forever. Dont blame her
13h

223416601_316948386709971_6236905729507583815_n(1).jpg

Summers here! I'm going on a mini vacation in a few days
5 DAYS AGO

....and then this post...
MARCH 31

I have been in the Netherlands for a year now. On the one hand this was a terribly difficult and grueling year, on the other it seems to have flown by. Although I miss the UK (Scotland wait for me pls) this year in NL was also full of beautiful and nice things.

For example, a year ago I would never have thought that I would now live in my own place in Utrecht, and I certainly did not expect to live here with sweet Audrey. It is wonderful to see family and friends, from a distance of course.

But!! Today the first step to a new time, hopefully full of hugs and love and without distance. Today I got my first Moderna shot. Although the question is how exactly my body reacts, I am very grateful. I really hope everyone else gets vaccinated soon! If you don't do it for yourself (do it), then do it a little bit for me. Immuno wall and stuff.

On to new times. And in the meantime, be kind to each other. And safe, so remotely. To persevere!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Selmar says they have never met. It's time to stick to what are purported to be the known facts. After carefully inspecting her sister's FB, and thinking through the narrative that they did not know she was ill or where she was, I think Tatiana is fragile and unwell, and I am laying off.
I certainly agree with you. There is more to this situtaion than meets the tattlers eye.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.