The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to VIP MEMBER @Espe :m:m:m:m:m:m
WHAT A YEAR.......
we have a few approaching VIP ....

Most Liked post previous thread

Seeingitasitis
Chatty Member

Monday at 11:10 PM
Arfarf said:
I think he knows which side his bread is buttered on and will never fess up. Darn it!
I love Dan and I am keeping the faith.

Speculating about Dan's sexuality is unfair. He is married, behaves with propriety and has given us no doubt whatsoever about where his interests lie - firmly with Annalise. He seems to me to be a lovely family man and hails from Portsmouth. Cannot do wrong in my book. We are making ourselves less than we are if we speculate with no evidence or foundation. Just my Humble Opinion and no, I am not Brenda. 😂

Last edited: Monday at 11:19 PM
Reactions:You, AndAnotherName, iglie and 72 others

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Thank you for creating the new thread @MojoDublin. (I wonder if Cathy checks her FB messages?)
Well deserved congratulations once again to our new VIP member - I enjoy reading your posts. Loved @Seeingitasitis most liked post too and couldn't agree more.
Wow - heading toward our 50th post - how many of us have been active there since the first thread?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Can we artach the explanation as a first post (as we used to do)? New ppl do not read previous thread and for me it is also fun to read when i come back after some time

• Heart
Reactions: 8
On the road again, simply splendid. Tatiana in Turkey, how does this intrigue me? In so many ways. Selmar fell for her in a big way, even taking commentators to task; her sister came out of the woodwork to ask Selmar where she is and how to contact her; and then nothing. Is this a deeper mystery than we realize? I can't help wondering.

Reactions: 22
Can we artach the explanation as a first post (as we used to do)? New ppl do not read previous thread and for me it is also fun to read when i come back after some time
rather hoping ....@thetaxinspector ....or someone would take up the reigns....
seems we have lost a few of late

anyone up for the challenge ..........

• Sad
Reactions: 6
rather hoping ....@thetaxinspector ....or someone would take up the reigns....
seems we have lost a few of late

anyone up for the challenge ..........
Maybe we can just copypaste for now till someone would like to take over?

Reactions: 7
Sorry Dan, salmon with chips doesn't work for me. I think it is a simplistic menu, especially at the price SJ charges. She was totally overcharging for FRK's unseasonable offerings.

Reactions: 12
Congratulations Espe and great thread title!
Go raibh maith agat, Mojo!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Sorry Dan, salmon with chips doesn't work for me. I think it is a simplistic menu, especially at the price SJ charges. She was totally overcharging for FRK's unseasonable offerings.
I think he's making a statement!
By serving fish and chips and ratatouille he is showing how SJ pisses on her guest by charging them €50 for what everyone regards as peasant food.

the-best-fish-and-chips.jpg
ratatouille.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Fish and chips look yum! :p

He knows the clientele, this is a classic do enough to get a warm response but don’t go overboard.

He doesn't want to be the full time chef. When would he have time to fly his drone! B-roll of chopping spuds would get a bit tiresome after day two.

Reactions: 10
Fish and chips look yum! :p

He knows the clientele, this is a classic do enough to get a warm response but don’t go overboard.

He doesn't want to be the full time chef. When would he have time to fly his drone! B-roll of chopping spuds would get a bit tiresome after day two.
Still. Peasant food at a pretentious chateau is a statement. Good job, Dan!
Anyone can get fish and chips for a lot less than €50 anywhere, but it's a nice change from Marie's roast chicken and roast pork with honey lemon dressing, summer salad with strawberries, and lemon meringue with lemon curd.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
It looks good actually. I mean god knows how much budget he got.
After FRK's beige mush and boiled pork offerings, I would imagine this would feel like haute cuisine for residents and guests. Let's face it, this is not going to need to appeal to a more discerning clientele - they wouldn't be staying at the HMN in the first place. Simple ingredients, well cooked and nicely presented are all that is required at this particular establishment. Whatever Dan conjures up, it'll be a massive improvement on FRK!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Someone is really pissed about drone shots and b-rolls.

I am more than happy that Dan isn’t pretending to be someone he isn’t, and that his job and life is actually what we see in his videos. Nothing more, nothing less.
No extra sugar coati. And drone shots with funky music are better than listening to fake friendship chatter.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.