Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Yes, his face was a picture. 😁

I always notice him in the Clauditorium, ever ready with pats on the back and hugs and general celebration for everyone.
Screenshot_20240108_130139_BBC iPlayer.jpg

He's an actual human labrador 🩷

I so hope he gets a contender next year. I think he'll combust if he gets to his first final.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Why do people keep saying how come he got on with Rose if he didn’t get on with Amanda(/Ritchie/Ranvir/Laura) without realising that it is actually possible to get on some people and not others and also that whenever he looked at Rose he just saw a glitterball and he wasn’t putting that in jeopardy for a kit kat break.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Tbh Bobby has always been a prat and the only reason people thought he'd redeemed himself was because Dianne was acting like such a raving desperate nutter he seemed better in comparison.

Reactions: 27

posy

Chatty Member
Out of all the current pros it’s Katya’s choreography that tends to stand out the most for me. Love her creativity.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Geetbo

VIP Member
"It's just his teaching style" is such a load of bollocks.

The best teachers are the ones who are able to adapt to get the most out of their student. If something isn't working in the training room, it's really the pro's job to find something that does. And if it doesn't change and the environment becomes unworkable, who's fault is that but the teacher?
Agreed.

Johannes managed to get a grieving woman who everyone thought would be an early out to the semi final.

Admittedly they had to do the foxtrot every week to achieve that but still.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Honeystar

VIP Member
I find the narrative and coverage around Amanda at the minute quite uncomfortable. We talk endlessly about being open about our mental health etc and then the minute someone is, they get slated. There's an article on the DM currently effectively stating she can't have PTSD because Strictly isn't the same as being shot at in Afghanistan....she never said it was?!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I am amazed how blindly devoted these rage nans are to Giovanni and how they're still up Rose's sphincter three years later. At this point it could come up that Giofanny murdered somebody and they'd be like "Well he wasn't like that with Rose 🌹he just has such intensity and passion and I'm sure he was only doing his job.. silly dead person just trying to tarnish his reputation, well we all love him #teamgio I hope Rose comes back to be his lawyer"

• Haha

BDY_97

VIP Member
Layton and Nikita won tonight’s show! Not sure who runners up were but I have a feeling they will be winning a lot of shows

• Heart

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Gio's tour is 3 months long and Lauren is his leading lady, the Live tour is only 3 weeks long and she'd be in one of 7 couples, so I don’t blame her for choosing Gio's tour.

I'm trying to care about this Amanda vs Gio drama, but it's just making me think of this bit from Family Guy 😆

family-guy-awful.gif

• Haha
He was on his best behaviour with Debbie because she could dance and also because he was risking being dropped if he had another bad pairing after Laura. Nothing to see there. Though she's rubbing me the wrong way with that tweet.
Yeah it's giving "well he was always nice to me"... that's doesn't mean shit, assholes aren't assholes to everyone, if they were they wouldn't get away with it. They pick and choose.

Reactions: 23
Just finished reading Johannes' book, what an absolutely beautiful read it was! Wholesome, emotional, generally all round lovely. I'll put the next bits under spoilers so that if you want to read the book, you won't get it spoiled, but it's nothing significant, just my thoughts on his time on the show and thoughts on partners.

First of all, the adversity he's overcome is impressive. Putting his identity aside, even just making it in the world of dance coming from an underprivileged background is no easy feat. Second, I think it's interesting to hear his thoughts on his first stint on the South African version of Strictly. We've spoken a lot here recently about Gio being a bit of a militant teacher and overworking talent. Johannes himself admits that in his first season of Strictly in SA, he was too strict and took all the enjoyment out of dancing with his partner, and didn't click with her because of that. He vowed with every partnership he was lucky enough to get after that, he would focus on the enjoyment first and foremost. Interesting that only one season he gained that insight, and Gio hasn't in however many.

Moving on, there's been a lot of comments on the Strictly threads about how people hoped Johannes would seek therapy first after Caroline Quentin and then after John. Interestingly, Johannes does seek therapy, but not for that. So he's not against therapy and has sought it himself.

Now onto his partnerships on the UK version of Strictly. This is what I find most curious. Of his four partnerships; Catherine, Caroline, John and Ellie, the general feeling on this thread is that he didn't enjoy Caroline or John. Now obviously he's not going to spend the book slating his partnerships, but actually taking from how he wrote about each, I would say that Catherine was the one he was least enchanted with. I have to stress he doesn't say anything bad, but he gushes about the others more than Catherine. His partnership with John seems to have meant the most to him, which makes sense with the themes of the book. Ellie he seems to have found very endearing, and Caroline he really talks up. He seems to not be able to believe that they'd partner him with her, and believes she's a huge star. Just thought it was interesting!

Lastly, a very small note, but I thought it was interesting. Here's how he describes each of the Strictly crew, this is the only mention of them.
"I lost my mind when I saw Anton. The man is a legend. There was Aljaz, looking cute as always. Janette who is super talented. Karen, who I wouldn't want to cross. Gorka is one of the most honest and genuine people you will ever meet. Neil, the prankster. Dianne, the happy chick you need in your corner to brighten your day. There was kind Amy and then, of course, lovely Luba - but don't mess with her. I felt like I knew these people long before I joined the show. The latin and ballroom professional world is very insular. Amy and Neil were world champions and I knew of them even before Strictly. The biggest thing for me was also being in the same room as Oti Mabuse." He later on mentions that Graziano is his best friend too.

What I find interesting about this, is that this was in 2019. There are a few dancers he does not mention, who were on this season. Kevin, Giovanni, Katya, Nadiya & AJ. I wouldn't find this odd if he'd only mentioned one or two people, but he's gone to lengths to detail each and every other person. But those five. Idk! Just stood out to me when I read that section.

Anyway this is way too long, all in all, it's a lovely book. I think he's been very careful to not dish any dirt or disrespect anyone. He doesn't share any insights about his Strictly crew really, nor does he share anything about the judges. It's not a book to read if you're looking for gossip, but if you're looking to learn about Johannes' journey and who he is, it's the loveliest read to brighten your winter.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Tanley

VIP Member
Graz really does seem lovely, I think he has a similar personality to Aljaz (who I still miss).
Nurturing, friendly, encouraging and good humoured. And a bit soppy at times :)

Reactions: 22