Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geetbo

VIP Member
Makes Anton and Bruno seem like decent judges.

Although I'd give everything for Craig to do a night on this, proper early days Craig, when he was ruthless and brutal. He'd be handing out zeros left right and centre.
I’m just remembering the early days of Dancing on Ice when Jason Gardiner told Sharron Davies she looked like an unflushable turd. Beautiful television.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

glasgow27

VIP Member
Gio was quite lucky in that he was one of the few standout pros of his era, likely because he was good looking, had some good choreo skills, lucked out with partners and most importantly, wasn't a cookie-cutter Burn The Floor clone like most of the others hired in the same time period.

Vito, Nikita, Jowita (among others) have all made an immediate impact in a way that people like Amy, Nadiya & Graziano simply didn't, and most of the new ones are also superior dancers over the likes of Janette, better choreographers than Aljaž and more likeable than Kevin or AJ. With that lot being his competition, naturally Gio got quite a good run as top dog and it took until his 7th/8th year before he lost that. Now he doesn't know what to do with himself.

Boogs

VIP Member
It’s the classic narcissistic response to criticism, making himself the victim and stating that others are jealous.
He is all about the money. His dance classes are £60 each and he taught 250 people yesterday. Not bad for a Sunday when he is about to embark on his expensive solo tour too.

• Wow

LaBlonde

VIP Member
She’s not one of life’s natural scarf wearers is she, Ellie.
Needs a chat with Natalie Lowe.
“not one of life’s natural scarf wearers” is genuinely one of the greatest descriptions of someone i’ve heard.

i would be DEVASTATED if someone said that about me and wouldn’t really know why 🤣🤣

• Haha

Boogs

VIP Member
@StephenTJackson will you tell your ginger daddy that we don’t care about the contents of his bag and want to see all the dancers.

---
Ahhhh, I can totally see him thinking this yes!! Particularly him thinking some of the newer male pros (mainly Vito) are jealous of him. I always got the vibe Giovanni didn’t like Vito for some reason
Vito came to this show as a winner in Italy, made the final his first year and then won the second year. A new Italian stallion is in town. Now I wonder who the jealous one is 🤔

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Graz seems an absolute sweetheart, I noticed his support for Vito in the Clauditorium - telling him he had lipstick on his nose after the AT and then making sure to reassure him after the show-dance.
He does. I was not at all surprised to see that he is to partner Annabel on the tour.

He seems to have a very caring, nurturing nature.

glasgow27

VIP Member
The whole "Amanda just didn't want to work hard, Gio was just trying to push her" narrative from some on other parts of the Internet is starting to piss me off.

• Heart

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Even if they can't comment on specifics, I think the BBC need to put out something like a 'we always take any complaints very seriously' type statement, or just 'we have reached out to those involved to try and resolve the issue'. Because at best, what's currently happening is making them look a bit clueless, and at worst it's making them look like they don't take any complaints or allegations seriously

It's of course possible that Amanda hasn't gone directly to them as is doing this via the press, but they still need to at least make it look like they have more of a handle on things

I always thought the main reason Brendan was dropped was because it was becoming increasingly obvious that his partners were having a miserable Strictly experience, so if it gets to that point with Gio, surely it's better to let him go...

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
"It's just his teaching style" is such a load of bollocks.

The best teachers are the ones who are able to adapt to get the most out of their student. If something isn't working in the training room, it's really the pro's job to find something that does. And if it doesn't change and the environment becomes unworkable, who's fault is that but the teacher?

• Heart

Bol85

VIP Member
Why on earth are we even debating if Janette can bring her baby on tour? Of course she can. It’s 2024, woman can work & have babies. Aljaz is there for actual child care & babies are easy enough to transport! So long as Janette isn’t bringing Lyra to alcohol filled after parties or asking the dancers & celebs to look after Lyra while she parties or something .. why on earth would it be an issue?! Please don’t be a ‘it’s never been done before’ person.. things change, often for the better.

• Heart
This is now two series in a row where the discussion around Gio has been negative: last year there was the Richie situation, and the 'confrontation' between him & Graz at the end of the final; this year it's been his general can't-be-arsed attitude, early reports of pre-show rows between him & Amanda, Amanda's withdrawal, his apparent disengagement when contractually compelled to turn up on a Saturday night, possible tension with Vito, him missing from the big celebratory moment of the final, potential legal action, comments from former partners resurfacing ...

It's really not looking like he has a future on the show.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Why on earth would anyone think that there’s an atom of truth in this ‘story’? 🙄
She didn’t come back for the final group dance (like everyone else who leaves for non Strictly accrued physical injury reasons) … why on earth would anyone think she‘d be on the tour - or want to be?

Reactions: 18

daisybrown

VIP Member
They are the two who are closest in age so it makes sense they would hang out. Others travelled to Birmingham later too. Will they take pictures of them all eating out together all week?
“Krishnan breaks silence following cosy dinner with Angela Rippon. The couple were seen having an intimate burger at McDonalds.”

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
There's another article in the Sun just now with a new quote from Amanda clarifying her PTSD diagnosis

1000005763.png

Sounds like maybe wasn't just Strictly related, but I guess whatever happened on Strictly didn't help

• Sad

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
8 hours of physical training a day, plus Sat, plus any BBC commitments like ITT, plus a family at home, the judgey judys can get in the sea, ffs
Give them all a 16 hour day stuck in a room with Giofanny bellowing in their face and blowing fag ash breath everywhere with no lunch break. See with they think of him then!

• Haha
  • Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I loved him with Kym last year.

I was prepared not to like her, purely on the basis of the role she played in Corrie which makes no sense, I know. 😁
They delivered some lovely performances. And she was genuinely surprised and pleased to get as far as she did, imo.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
THIS 👏🏻👏🏻
Like PTSD can only effect those who went to war etc.
People can suffer with PTSD for all sorts of life events.
exactly! a close friend of mine has PTSD from a life event that probably seems trivial to a lot of people (and she has sadly been told this many times) - but to her it was a horrific thing that still impacts her to this day.

no one can really tell or label amanda’s experience or what she should be feeling about it. and i find people who say this sort of “lol it’s not like she was in a war zone” stuff are just telling on themselves really.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
It’s so patronising to Rose. Aw what a hero helping the poor deaf girl. I think Rose seemed to be really ballsy. That’s why she got on ok with Gio as she wasn’t bothered by his bullshit and could stand up for herself.
Rose, to be fair, is awesome. She carved a career in one of the hardest for the hearing impaired. She spent 3 months’ either ignoring him or laughing in his face. I think she just got on with it and he was just part of the package.

Last edited: