Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lot has been made of Amanda only wanting to do 8 hours of training a day, like she was workshy when in fact she has a family at home one of whom is disable. I'm starting to see why they never gave Gio anyone with a heavy work load he wouldn't have tolerated it!
Sorry but only 8 hours a day? That's a bloody working day. A 40 hour week being viewed as the bare minimum is very problematic.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry but only 8 hours a day? That's a bloody working day. A 40 hour week being viewed as the bare minimum is very problematic.
More than 40 hours as they would work 6 days a week. Well the pros would do 7 if they prepared their choreography on the Sunday. Look at how exhausted some of them looked by the final. Physical training for 8 hours in one day would finish me off let alone going 6 days a week potentially for months.

Reactions: 11
How dare Amanda think that Strictly was meant to be a light hearted fun Saturday night entertainment show and not a professional dance competition. As we have all said before it should be up-to the celeb how many hours they want to put in and how hard they can push themselves not the professionals. The biggest issue is the producers have made strictly about the professional rather than the celeb. It should never be about the professional about the celeb. That way when they do the matching they have more chance of matching personalities and giving the celeb a good time which in turn the viewer enjoys. Vito pushed Ellie but she was willing to be. I do think he went too far with the lift in final.

Reactions: 9
Exactly and that's just Mon-Thu, Friday and Saturday are long studio days especially Saturday which can sometimes be a 16 hour day.

The culture around training maybe needs to be tackled. I know many have expressed concern about standards slipping as a compromise maybe they could go back to training for longer before the live shows but cap the amount of hours that are allowed daily.

Last edited:
8 hours a day of physical work is more than enough. It is not like 8 hours sitting at a desk!

And with the best will in the world, when you get to a certain age, you just don’t bounce back as well as you did in your 20’s. One week of that is probably do-able but constantly for 3 months’ - not a chance 😊 Add in the fact that knocks and niggles and strains take longer to mend and breaks and rests are needed. No one can go from nought to professional athlete in a couple of weeks.

Can I also give an honourable mention to people saying that because she posted saying everything was fine this means she changed her story, no, all it means is that when she was actually in the show and still actively taking part, she posted a party line rebuttal to press stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
8 hours of physical training a day, plus Sat, plus any BBC commitments like ITT, plus a family at home, the judgey judys can get in the sea, ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm glad to be surrounded by people with actual common sense here because it feels like the rest of the internet is either clouded by their admiration of Gio and would defend him no matter what, or is prejudiced against Amanda to begin with.

I wonder how much of the DM or DS commentators would put in the hours of hard work to dancing that they claim Amanda was so against?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
8 hours of physical training a day, plus Sat, plus any BBC commitments like ITT, plus a family at home, the judgey judys can get in the sea, ffs
Give them all a 16 hour day stuck in a room with Giofanny bellowing in their face and blowing fag ash breath everywhere with no lunch break. See with they think of him then!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
"It's just his teaching style" is such a load of bollocks.

The best teachers are the ones who are able to adapt to get the most out of their student. If something isn't working in the training room, it's really the pro's job to find something that does. And if it doesn't change and the environment becomes unworkable, who's fault is that but the teacher?
Agreed.

Johannes managed to get a grieving woman who everyone thought would be an early out to the semi final.

Admittedly they had to do the foxtrot every week to achieve that but still.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I found it interesting that Vito would give Ellie 15 min nap breaks not just to physically recover but he was aware that after a certain point there is so much new information going into her brain it needed a break to process it.
Now that is a good teacher. As someone else mentioned Gio lacks emotional intelligence, it's not just that he's shouty and demanding he really lacks people skills too.

I can't quite remember who it was maybe Ellie or Zara, it was one of the younger woman, said at the start the thing they were most nervous about was spending a lot of time alone with someone they didn't know well.
Some of the Pro's especially the men need to realise that being alone in the training room with a strict teacher could be a really intense and even intimidating experience for some people even those in showbiz.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly and that's just Mon-Thu, Friday and Saturday are long studio days especially Saturday which can sometimes be a 16 hour day.

The culture around training maybe needs to be tackled. I know many have expressed concern about standards slipping as a compromise maybe they could go back to training for longer before the live shows but cap the amount of hours that are allowed daily.
Way back when, certainly in series 3 and 4 when much of the storyline was about Boy’s rivalries :rolleyes: North/South Yorkshire for Darren Gough and James Martin and Cricket v Rugby for Mark and Matt the training hours were shown and were getting up to ridiculous levels even then. At some point that was stopped and people grizzled that you ‘couldn’t see how much they were putting into it’ (probably around the time it backfired on them showing John Sargent reading a paper rather than training) which is daft any way … because the technically earliest 10 in Strictly history for Louisa’s second dance of a jive was given after about 9 hours of training due to a Vincent crocking his back and Michael Vaughan trained relentlessly for a jive that while awesome was always also going to be complete pants.

Just because you train 50 hours a week, doesn't mean it’s going to be any good.

Last edited:
Way back when, certainly in series 3 and 4 when much of the storyline was about Boy’s rivalries :rolleyes: North/South Yorkshire for Darren Gough and James Martin and Cricket v Rugby for Mark and Matt the training hours were shown and were getting up to ridiculous levels even then. At some point that was stopped and people grizzled that you ‘couldn’t see how much they were putting into it’ (probably around the time it backfired on them showing John Sargent reading a paper rather than training) which is daft any way … because the technically earliest 10 in Strictly history for Louisa’s second dance of a jive was given after about 9 hours of training due to a Vincent crocking his back and Michael Vaughan trained relentlessly for a jive that while awesome was always also going to be complete pants.

Just because you train 50 hours a week, doesn't mean it’s going to be any good.
And someone like Layton, who is used to learning choreography, could probably do two hours training and do something decent.

I found it interesting that Vito would give Ellie 15 min nap breaks not just to physically recover but he was aware that after a certain point there is so much new information going into her brain it needed a break to process it.
Now that is a good teacher. As someone else mentioned Gio lacks emotional intelligence, it's not just that he's shouty and demanding he really lacks people skills too.

I can't quite remember who it was maybe Ellie or Zara, it was one of the younger woman, said at the start the thing they were most nervous about was spending a lot of time alone with someone they didn't know well.
Some of the Pro's especially the men need to realise that being alone in the training room with a strict teacher could be a really intense and even intimidating experience for some people even those in showbiz.
Wasnt it Nikita as well, who said that she and Gorka spent time looking out the window at the trees with a drink just chatting about nothing?

It’s just a Saturday night shiney floor show. The trophy breaks as soon as you pick it up. Come next September half the people who watched this year will have forgotten you were even in it in the first place. It’s not worth maiming yourself for.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A lot has been made of Amanda only wanting to do 8 hours of training a day, like she was workshy when in fact she has a family at home one of whom is disable. I'm starting to see why they never gave Gio anyone with a heavy work load he wouldn't have tolerated it!
TBF Ranvir was doing the breakfast show on ITV and was getting up at 3:30! He did seem, eventually, to work around that.

I do wonder if it was a pro with fewer fans how people would react. I can't imagine the internet rallying round Katya (who's had a lot of unfair criticism since Seann-gate) if Nigel or Tony had complained about her and refused to thank her. Lots of people hate on DS hate Vito - would they be rushing to defend him if Ellie had had a bad experience, saying she obviously just didn't want to work hard? I think not!

I see Angela S is back in rehearsals, which is good.

Reactions: 6
Ah I’m glad Angela is back! Carlos must have felt a bit lost without her this week and she has missed 3 days of rehearsals when the tour starts in a week!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
With all due respect to Amanda as well not only is she not a twenty year old spring chicken, she’s not someone I’m aware has done a lot of physical activity in life anyway. When you look at Gios partners, Georgia, Laura and Rose were all young with stamina, Debbie, Faye and Michelle had spent their lives performing and would be used to the long hours and physical requirements, and Ranvir has herself said she had to ask him to tone it down. I just don’t think he is able to take into account that not everyone has the stamina of a professional dancer and the two times he has had someone who perhaps couldn’t keep up, there’s been an issue

Whilst I know Vito can be a bit annoying when he goes off on one with his waffly analogies but I really don’t understand how anyone could dislike him.
People on DS were calling him a vile, repulsive man, who was also a possible sexual predator towards Ellie. I also remember someone saying they had an almost irresistible urge to punch him in the face when they saw him on screen) I've never even said that about FR!). I don't even think all of these people were Gio fans! (at least one was a very over-invested Layton stan.🥴

Vito did, tbf, did go a bit OTT towards the end last season - probably a combination of adrenaline and glitterball-itis. It's been notable in his two media appearances this week he's been much calmer, albeit still with his usual exuberance.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.