Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooo, I was right, Gorka is a judge on DWTS Spain! Nice one Gorka!👏👏 I wonder if it will be as batshit as the Italian version

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Ooo, I was right, Gorka is a judge on DWTS Spain! Nice one Gorka!👏👏 I wonder if it will be as batshit as the Italian version

I was just coming to post this! I thought this might be the case. Amazing for him - I hope it doesn’t mean we’re losing him though. I imagine it would be hard to be a judge and then come back to be a contestant on another series.

Reactions: 9
Ooh, nice project for Gorka! I wonder how he'll be as a judge.

I was just coming to post this! I thought this might be the case. Amazing for him - I hope it doesn’t mean we’re losing him though. I imagine it would be hard to be a judge and then come back to be a contestant on another series.
Brendan did it for years so there's still hope!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I hope not! But he has said he wants to carry on with Strictly so fingers crossed. I looks like the series is Jan-March so it doesn't clash with anything. And I guess it must only be a couple of days a week

Reactions: 9
I’m sorry to say this but Gorka’s hotness has fallen off a cliff.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Awe good for him! I thought it would be a guest spot but sounds like it's the whole series.
---
What type of judge do we will think he will be? He's got a pissy side but he's also kind when it warranted.

Reactions: 7
I’m sorry to say this but Gorka’s hotness has fallen off a cliff.
Ok as a huge Gorka fan I will say that the photo he’s used to announce his new job is definitely not the most flattering but check out the arms on him in his story in the gym 🔥

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I do wonder if it becomes a permeant job he stays with Strictly otherwise he will be gone from home a lot from August - Dec & Jan - (?) March time.
That's a lot when there is small children involved. Although Gemma did say recently they were looking for somewhere in Spain to make visits more frequently.

If Gio knew Gorks was doing the Spanish version. Do you think he headed over to Italy to support Pasquale in the Italian version to try and land a job as a judge on it - cosy up to execs, do a bit of networking?

Reactions: 4
If Gio knew Gorks was doing the Spanish version. Do you think he headed over to Italy to support Pasquale in the Italian version to try and land a job as a judge on it - cosy up to execs, do a bit of networking?
Quite possibly. I’m surprised Kai hasn’t kept cosy with dwts ireland to do the same.( also amazed he hasn’t included ireland in his tour both times, he had a big following there. Possibly the Giulia connection makes it tricky ).

I'm not sure if Gio is known or cared about in Italy. But it would make sense to line up his ducks if he has this years performance at strictly hanging over him.
Vito on the other hand, I'm betting he could get TV work in Italy after Strictly if he wanted. He seemed a bit of a pet of Milly Carlucci who has a lot of pull at Rai1.

Reactions: 3
Pleased for Gorka, i love the fact that he always try to give his less talented dance partners a good time. He always comes across as supportive to the other pros.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Am trying to picture Gio's face as the Ballando final hits hour 5 and a septuagenarian actor does a samba with Nikita's sister wearing a thong.

It's what he deserves.

• Haha
Quite possibly. I’m surprised Kai hasn’t kept cosy with dwts ireland to do the same.
Kai did go over at one point during the live show in his first year but they are filming during Strictly tour season so less of a chance.
Plus it's a very changeable cast and even judges and presenters so not like it's the same people involved.
I'm pretty sure Kai's place at Strictly is secure he was trusted enough to be given Angela R and made a good run of it and his performance with AJ showed he's a good teacher and choreographer.

Reactions: 5
They won't be interested in younger dancers as judges - their panel is all over 50 and 4 out of the 5 have zero dance expertise in any style. Two are journalists (one an ex contestant), one a fashion designer, one an actor.

Makes Alesha, Darcey & Bruno all look like ballroom experts.

They won't be interested in younger dancers as judges - their panel is all over 50 and 4 out of the 5 have zero dance expertise in any style. Two are journalists (one an ex contestant), one a fashion designer, one an actor.

Makes Alesha, Darcey & Bruno all look like ballroom experts.
They may not want him but I could see him trying. He is the man that thinks launching his own fragrance is a good idea - when even Alist celebs perfumes end up on permanent sale at savers - nothing wrong with that but I think he was going for Selfridges/Harrods/Harvey nics or maybe John Lewis type thing.

I think Gorka will be a great judge - I think he will give really good constructive criticism but he kind too. He always seems to make it a really positive experience for his partners and I think he will do the same for the contestants.
I must brush up on my gcse Spanish and get watching 🤣

• Heart
Vito was asked yesterday if people back in Italy knew about Strictly. He told them that he went to the Ballando final and they all made a fuss, I just wish someone had taken a photo of Gio’s reaction to this 😂

• Haha
I think Gorka will be a great judge - I think he will give really good constructive criticism but he kind too. He always seems to make it a really positive experience for his partners and I think he will do the same for the contestants.
I must brush up on my gcse Spanish and get watching 🤣
As long as he doesn't use Anton for inspiration, he will be great!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.