Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh Bobby has always been a prat and the only reason people thought he'd redeemed himself was because Dianne was acting like such a raving desperate nutter he seemed better in comparison.

Reactions: 27
Tbh Bobby has always been a prat and the only reason people thought he'd redeemed himself was because Dianne was acting like such a raving desperate nutter he seemed better in comparison.
As usual, FJ hits the nail squarely on the head!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I reckon Angela R needed more time off to carry on

with extra WD4O application so she can practice her high kick ! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I reckon Angela R needed more time off to carry on

with extra WD4O application so she can practice her high kick ! 😜
It’s Angela S not R who’s been missing. Angela R is there raising and lowering her leg like Tower Bridge

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I was just coming to post this! I thought this might be the case. Amazing for him - I hope it doesn’t mean we’re losing him though. I imagine it would be hard to be a judge and then come back to be a contestant on another series.
Plus if the judges’ salaries on other versions of the show are equivalent to what they get here, would you really feel motivated to come back and do 10 x the work for a fraction of the salary?
---
OMG this pic appeared on Twitter from last year’s tour of Vito and Nikita in the iconic orange shorts. Warning: NSFW (if you work in a convent)
Do you think we should get the authorities to do a welfare check on @StephenTJackson? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Looks like Angela S is back from hols looking at her latest post. Maybe she just got given time off to enjoy her holiday?

Looking at FR's post, zero pro likes and comments. Shirley and Motsi seem to be the only ones who've liked.

I've seen fan theories that the pros have been told not to like his posts by the BBC so as to seem impartial (!):
1) the pros are not BBC employees and are not even under contract at the moment. They cannot be ordered not to like posts (and wouldn't be told not to like posts be in fact a breach of impartiality towards Gio, as it indicates potential lack of support for him?). And wouldn't Motsi and Shirley be under the same edict?

2) I can see they might want to avoid commenting given all the publicity this has had, but why not just like his promo post about Jus de Fanny? Even his besties Kai and Gorka are MIA. If they are all convinced it's a stitch-up, why not just show a bit of support?
Curiouser and curiouser..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Looks like Angela S is back from hols looking at her latest post. Maybe she just got given time off to enjoy her holiday?

Looking at FR's post, zero pro likes and comments. Shirley and Motsi seem to be the only ones who've liked.

I've seen fan theories that the pros have been told not to like his posts by the BBC so as to seem impartial (!):
1) the pros are not BBC employees and are not even under contract at the moment. They cannot be ordered not to like posts (and wouldn't be told not to like posts be in fact a breach of impartiality towards Gio, as it indicates potential lack of support for him?). And wouldn't Motsi and Shirley be under the same edict?

2) I can see they might want to avoid commenting given all the publicity this has had, but why not just like his promo post about Jus de Fanny? Even his besties Kai and Gorka are MIA. If they are all convinced it's a stitch-up, why not just show a bit of support?

Jus de fanny 😂💀🤢
RIP me 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Added to which, if TPTB were inclined to exert any sort of policy on verboten social media activity, how come they sat back and did nothing when Dianne rampaged derangedly through all the Strictly Facebook groups in the lead-up to the final? 🤔

Reactions: 12
I think the pros are staying clear of Gio, mainly so they don’t end up in the press as seen as showing support. Also perhaps the source who seemed to be one of Giovannis team saying the other pros are jealous of him didn’t sit well with them.

A lot of love for Gorka on his news.

Reactions: 15
I call 🐂 💩 on there being any difference in rules on social media use for the pros to the judges, they are all employees / representatives of the show so will be subject to the same T’s & C’s.
Also why would the Beeb want to discourage the pros from supporting the person they are backing?

Vito and Gorka IG posts landed at the same time as Gio’s, but both got lots of support from their fellow pros unlike FR who had likes from 2 judges who are a bit more removed from the action.

Reactions: 10
If Amanda was a nightmare who was just out to cause trouble for Gio strictly pros and celebs wouldn’t have continued liking her social media posts. I think they know Fanny rat is a prick but played nicely as they work with him but the comments about other pros being jealous of him made them think duck him. The pros that do the tours together are well bonded but he does his own thing which I think probably isolates him a bit too.

Reactions: 16
I'd think any social media guidance for pros is more to do with avoiding anything political than being told not to like a colleague's posts.

Reactions: 6
Plus surly if the Beebs position is this is an exaggeration we are standing by him, they would want to Pros to be openly friendly with him?
Yet during the show they were cool towards him and now the season is done they are ice cold whilst continuing to engage with Amanda.

Reactions: 2
If Amanda was a nightmare who was just out to cause trouble for Gio strictly pros and celebs wouldn’t have continued liking her social media posts. I think they know Fanny rat is a prick but played nicely as they work with him but the comments about other pros being jealous of him made them think duck him. The pros that do the tours together are well bonded but he does his own thing which I think probably isolates him a bit too.
Would the outcome have been the same if Amanda had been partnered with a different male pro? I would say no, as I cannot imagine any of the others not having the emotional intelligence, empathy or kindness to understand her circumstances, notice she was struggling and adapt their training to suit.

What would have happened if Gio had been partnered with “sensitive” Ellie or grief-stricken Annabel?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just went on the Gio thread on DS. People saying Amanda was not willing to put the work in - surely as the celeb she has the right to say how much work she puts in? If she does not practice enough, then it is her who will be standing there like a plank on Saturday night. The pro just needs to encourage them and work within their limits (time or ability).

Reactions: 15
"It's just his teaching style" is such a load of bollocks.

The best teachers are the ones who are able to adapt to get the most out of their student. If something isn't working in the training room, it's really the pro's job to find something that does. And if it doesn't change and the environment becomes unworkable, who's fault is that but the teacher?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think the pros are staying clear of Gio, mainly so they don’t end up in the press as seen as showing support. Also perhaps the source who seemed to be one of Giovannis team saying the other pros are jealous of him didn’t sit well with them.

A lot of love for Gorka on his news.
Right, but that in itself is telling, no? why not want to be associated with a friend/colleague whom you've known for 10 years, and whom you believe has been unfairly treated?

Re: 'she just didn't want to work hard' - maybe so, though seems unlikely given her personality. But they're saying that about Richie too! The common denominator seems to be - it can't be his fault so they must be slackers. But as the saying goes (to quote Raylan Givens):
“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”

Reactions: 9
Amanda not putting the work in? It’s not like she has was putting on crap performances, they were considered to be one of the stronger couples and potential finalists! I’ve never been keen on Gio but I’m not keen on Amanda either so was glad they were paired together and a bit annoyed when they were good 😂

I don’t get the blind devotion to pros. As much as I adore Nikita if he comes back this year with a big head from doing so well with Layton and has a similar experience then I’ll be disappointed and moaning that he should wind his neck in a bit and drop the ego.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I just went on the Gio thread on DS. People saying Amanda was not willing to put the work in - surely as the celeb she has the right to say how much work she puts in? If she does not practice enough, then it is her who will be standing there like a plank on Saturday night. The pro just needs to encourage them and work within their limits (time or ability).
A lot has been made of Amanda only wanting to do 8 hours of training a day, like she was workshy when in fact she has a family at home one of whom is disable. I'm starting to see why they never gave Gio anyone with a heavy work load he wouldn't have tolerated it!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.