Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting that Vito hasn’t been publicly friendly with Gio since he started seeing Jowita- I didn’t know the two lined up! Thinking back during series 20 we always thought Vito and Jowita would’ve been cute so we’re very shocked when the news of her and Gio broke!! Obviously is probably just a coincidence but still!
They were never friendly even before Jowita, they seem to have gone out once early on then pretty much ignored one another ever since.
The Italian trained pros have all known each other a long time and have many friends in common, yet there never seems to have been a relationship between the two of them.
I guess they are just too dissimilar, look at their reactions when Hamza won, Gio had to be coaxed to congratulate his GF likely due to his bestie Gorka loosing whereas Vito an actual finalist had his arms in the air cheering for them with a massive grin.

Reactions: 12
He was on his best behaviour with Debbie because she could dance and also because he was risking being dropped if he had another bad pairing after Laura. Nothing to see there. Though she's rubbing me the wrong way with that tweet.

Reactions: 15
He was on his best behaviour with Debbie because she could dance and also because he was risking being dropped if he had another bad pairing after Laura. Nothing to see there. Though she's rubbing me the wrong way with that tweet.
Yeah it's giving "well he was always nice to me"... that's doesn't mean tit, assholes aren't assholes to everyone, if they were they wouldn't get away with it. They pick and choose.

Reactions: 23
I never liked Debbeh.

Giofanny knows when to lean into a sellable partnership. Debbeh: Transformer of older women! Michelle: LGBTQ+ ally! Rose: Not ableist!

I just adore Vito.

The question is will Anton and Rose do a post of support for Gio?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Tbh I think unless your career is 100% secure or you're finished anyway (ahem Debbie), the worst thing you could do is speak out in support of someone when you don't know the accusations. For all we know he is getting a lot of private support but public support can hurt other careers.

Lauren will have agreed the tour ages ago, probably before she knew who she was paired with. She may have chosen differently if it was a straight choice between Gio's tour and the live tour. Having said that, she seems to get on fine with him. Pasquale is now Gio's new bestie, but again, he's an employee (and the Vito-Pasquale bromance seems to have suffered).
There is definitely bad blood between Vito and him - maybe Vito is the source leaking about Amanda's stuff? Taking breaks from re-roofing his dad's house to ping emails into the Sun?

I'd like Arduino to come in to replace Gio but I imagine that, like other BTF people, he's not ballroom/Latin trained. Shame, as he has a lovely personality.
Lol! What? All btf people are both latin and ballroom trained , nearly all are champion level. They literally pick the cream of the crop. Arduino is ex Italian Ballroom and latin competition level, and danced with loads of the italian based pros in the past. He knew Giulia ( kai’s ex) and Luba from childhood. If there was one person qualified to take over from Jason it’s Arduino.
There are a couple of their dancers on btf that are probably more contemporary/latin like Robbie, but not many. Having seen him in BTF The Reunion in 2022 he can still do the ballroom moves , despite it not being his main background.

Reactions: 2
Lol! What? All btf people are both latin and ballroom trained , nearly all are champion level. They literally pick the cream of the crop. Arduino is ex Italian Ballroom and latin competition level, and danced with loads of the italian based pros in the past. He knew Giulia ( kai’s ex) and Luba from childhood. If there was one person qualified to take over from Jason it’s Arduino.
There are a couple of their dancers on btf that are probably more contemporary/latin like Robbie, but not many. Having seen him in BTF The Reunion in 2022 he can still do the ballroom moves , despite it not being his main background.
Sorry, I'm not up to speed with Burn the Floor. I thought it was mainly contemporary. As I said, Arduino is lovely and would have made a great pro, but maybe he's happy with his current arrangement.

Surely everyone is aware Debbie and Gio got on? It would be more dramatic if one of the others who's suspected of disliking him posted in support. Rose I imagine is currently under her duvet, eye mask on, phone off, earplugs in so she can't hear Gio banging at her door.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Georgia May Foote doing a Q&A on insta- how many people will ask if she’s glad karma has come knocking for Gio 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well, apart from Janette and Karen

Reactions: 4
Sorry, I'm not up to speed with Burn the Floor. I thought it was mainly contemporary. As I said, Arduino is lovely and would have made a great pro, but maybe he's happy with his current arrangement.
I think he’s happy either way, he gets to be in the pro dances and stand in on the pro tour when needed ( he took Cameron’s place in 2022) and gets to choreo the rest of the time and then work with other shows afterwards. He’s super talented, nice , and is a loyal friend to Jowita, which is a plus.
---
Very basic and nowhere near Championship level. You could tell when they were new to Strictly there were definite gaps.
Janette got up to speed, Karen hasn’t. She trained in ballroom in her twenties rather than as a child/teen

Reactions: 2
Janette & Karen were both pushing it as far as ballroom & latin ability. Janette's track record speaks for itself and anyone remember Karen's first routines with Nicky? Then again, not just them as whilst decent at latin, Graziano was beginner level at ballroom when with Vick.

Reactions: 6
Janette & Karen were both pushing it as far as ballroom & latin ability. Janette's track record speaks for itself and anyone remember Karen's first routines with Nicky? Then again, not just them as whilst decent at latin, Graziano was beginner level at ballroom when with Vick.
I remember him doing the dance tutorials on ITT and dance people were cringing at his footwork.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.