Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Graz really does seem lovely, I think he has a similar personality to Aljaz (who I still miss).
Nurturing, friendly, encouraging and good humoured. And a bit soppy at times :)
Yes he has a very similar vibe and I miss Aljaz too (though watching him be a doting dad on Instagram is beautiful.)

Graz first won my love when he was paired with Judi Love and he was so amazing to/with her, her weight was never an issue, he was so kind and respectful. ♥ And I hate that I'm feeling that's special when it shouldn't be.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What are the criteria of putting the pros and celebs together. It can’t be height as Dianne has had 2 tall celebs in 2 years. Do the pros have any push or say in who they’d like and how about the celebs? Do we know?
I think that they have tentative pairings in mind and then they do the rehearsals for the opening group dance and see how the celebs and pros get on and pairings are firmed up from there. Some pros pitch hard for a certain celeb - Kevin did for Stacey and Gio did for same sex pairing after Rose/Ritchie (some pitches work out better than others) and it has been said some celebs make a certain pro a condition of signing (Ann Widdecombe and Anton … like she’d have got anyone else anyway). The year Lisa Riley was in, there was supposed to have been a lot of quick changes to put her with Robin because of how they clicked at the group rehearsal.
It’s funny that in Covid year when the names were basically pulled out of a hat just how well the pairs worked.

Reactions: 8
I think if anything gets him it will be the stuff about the other pros being ‘jealous’.
Honestly out of the whole article this is the part I buy the least. I know Gio isn't super popular on here, but I always thought despite being pretty cocky, he seemed to get on well with the other pros. He was always close with Gorka and Kai, and they still seemed friendly in the clauditorium. He also seemed friendly with Karen, Luba and Jowita this year, and he and Jowita haven't seemed to have had too much of a fallen out despite their 'break up'. I don't doubt he's a bit of a dick but I don't see hum feuding with all the pros. He also tours with Lauren! If he was so awful I doubt she'd tour with him again this year.

Reactions: 12
and it has been said some celebs make a certain pro a condition of signing (Ann Widdecombe and Anton … like she’d have got anyone else anyway).
Makes mental note for when I am famous to insist on Vito as my partner, with the caveat that I occasionally get flung into the arms of Gorka & /or Nikita 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Honestly out of the whole article this is the part I buy the least. I know Gio isn't super popular on here, but I always thought despite being pretty cocky, he seemed to get on well with the other pros. He was always close with Gorka and Kai, and they still seemed friendly in the clauditorium. He also seemed friendly with Karen, Luba and Jowita this year, and he and Jowita haven't seemed to have had too much of a fallen out despite their 'break up'. I don't doubt he's a bit of a dick but I don't see hum feuding with all the pros. He also tours with Lauren! If he was so awful I doubt she'd tour with him again this year.
They are all work friends. They need to be nice to the “Star” of strictly who the bbc has invested a lot of money.( Anton and Gio Show plus strictly). Lauren ignored Gio for most of the season. Gio is her boss. She needs to play nice no matter how much of an ass Gio can be

Reactions: 5
He also tours with Lauren! If he was so awful I doubt she'd tour with him again this year.
Lauren was relatively unknown to your average Strictly viewer until this year, and even after a lovely partnership with Krishnan she wasn’t in the main show long enough to become a ‘recognisable’ pro to the extent the others are.

She’s got bills to pay, so she’s got to earn an income during the Strictly ‘off’ period, and Gio’s show is several months of paid work.

We’ve all had to tolerate a boss who’s a bit of a twit, but not many people are in a position to tell them where to stick it and live on fresh air until something else comes along. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Lauren was relatively unknown to your average Strictly viewer until this year, and even after a lovely partnership with Krishnan she wasn’t in the main show long enough to become a ‘recognisable’ pro to the extent the others are.

She’s got bills to pay, so she’s got to earn an income during the Strictly ‘off’ period, and Gio’s show is several months of paid work.

We’ve all had to tolerate a boss who’s a bit of a twit, but not many people are in a position to tell them where to stick it and live on fresh air until something else comes along. 🤷‍♀️
Lauren will have agreed the tour ages ago, probably before she knew who she was paired with. She may have chosen differently if it was a straight choice between Gio's tour and the live tour. Having said that, she seems to get on fine with him. Pasquale is now Gio's new bestie, but again, he's an employee (and the Vito-Pasquale bromance seems to have suffered).
There is definitely bad blood between Vito and him - maybe Vito is the source leaking about Amanda's stuff? Taking breaks from re-roofing his dad's house to ping emails into the Sun?

I'd like Arduino to come in to replace Gio but I imagine that, like other BTF people, he's not ballroom/Latin trained. Shame, as he has a lovely personality.

Reactions: 7
Gio's tour is 3 months long and Lauren is his leading lady, the Live tour is only 3 weeks long and she'd be in one of 7 couples, so I don’t blame her for choosing Gio's tour.

I'm trying to care about this Amanda vs Gio drama, but it's just making me think of this bit from Family Guy 😆

family-guy-awful.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ah, see I can totally believe he thinks it whether it's true or not.

For the last couple of years he really hasn’t looked like he wanted to be there. He’s dipped out of all the ITT fun stuff and missed out on the pre season training and filming for the group dances. He‘s haunted the Clauditorium like a ghost at a feast. The new pro’s have been accepted and all get on seemingly very well and if he feels marginalised then the others being jealous of his success is a reason he can tell himself without actually having to think if it’s anything to do with him.

Reactions: 15
If Gio had bowed after winning with Rose, he’d have gone out as an incredibly popular pro whose only poor partnership was blamed on the celeb rather than him. Instead, his reputation is taking a serious hit and, if he does come back, I doubt he’s going to be very high on the priority lists for producers when it comes to allocating the best celebrities.

And I’m saying this as someone who voted for Rose and Gio each week and who, for my sins, went to see his show. It’s funny how much changes in two years because I’d have zero interest in going to one of his shows after seeing how he treated the likes of Richie and Vito.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ah, see I can totally believe he thinks it whether it's true or not.

For the last couple of years he really hasn’t looked like he wanted to be there. He’s dipped out of all the ITT fun stuff and missed out on the pre season training and filming for the group dances. He‘s haunted the Clauditorium like a ghost at a feast. The new pro’s have been accepted and all get on seemingly very well and if he feels marginalised then the others being jealous of his success is a reason he can tell himself without actually having to think if it’s anything to do with him.
Ahhhh, I can totally see him thinking this yes!! Particularly him thinking some of the newer male pros (mainly Vito) are jealous of him. I always got the vibe Giovanni didn’t like Vito for some reason

Reactions: 6
@StephenTJackson will you tell your ginger daddy that we don’t care about the contents of his bag and want to see all the dancers.

---
Ahhhh, I can totally see him thinking this yes!! Particularly him thinking some of the newer male pros (mainly Vito) are jealous of him. I always got the vibe Giovanni didn’t like Vito for some reason
Vito came to this show as a winner in Italy, made the final his first year and then won the second year. A new Italian stallion is in town. Now I wonder who the jealous one is 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Gio was quite lucky in that he was one of the few standout pros of his era, likely because he was good looking, had some good choreo skills, lucked out with partners and most importantly, wasn't a cookie-cutter Burn The Floor clone like most of the others hired in the same time period.

Vito, Nikita, Jowita (among others) have all made an immediate impact in a way that people like Amy, Nadiya & Graziano simply didn't, and most of the new ones are also superior dancers over the likes of Janette, better choreographers than Aljaž and more likeable than Kevin or AJ. With that lot being his competition, naturally Gio got quite a good run as top dog and it took until his 7th/8th year before he lost that. Now he doesn't know what to do with himself.

Reactions: 19
Lauren will have agreed the tour ages ago, probably before she knew who she was paired with. She may have chosen differently if it was a straight choice between Gio's tour and the live tour. Having said that, she seems to get on fine with him. Pasquale is now Gio's new bestie, but again, he's an employee (and the Vito-Pasquale bromance seems to have suffered).
There is definitely bad blood between Vito and him - maybe Vito is the source leaking about Amanda's stuff? Taking breaks from re-roofing his dad's house to ping emails into the Sun?

I'd like Arduino to come in to replace Gio but I imagine that, like other BTF people, he's not ballroom/Latin trained. Shame, as he has a lovely personality.
I genuinely don't think Vito would do a thing like that.
He is at the top of his game right now, newly crowned winner, popular and likeable.

The media can and often will build someone up to tear them down. If anyone is feeding them information, they could just as easily be the next target when a new story is needed. Or the Beeb could boot them out the door, if found out.

Plus I think he is actually too nice to do it, regardless of what he thinks of Gio.
I'd say the source who said others were jealous was either Gio, or else nobody said it in the first place! 😁

Reactions: 8
I genuinely don't think Vito would do a thing like that.
He is at the top of his game right now, newly crowned winner, popular and likeable.

The media can and often will build someone up to tear them down. If anyone s feeding them information, they could just as easily be the next target when a new story is needed.

Plus I think he is actually too nice to do it, regardless of what he thinks of Gio.
I'd say the source who said others were jealous was either Gio, or else nobody said it in the first place! 😁
No that was a joke! he definitely wouldn't do it. And looking at Dianne's story, the pros on tour all seem to be harmonious and having a laugh. Gio is definitely the outlier.

Thinking back on the Gio-Vito timeline, I remember Vito doing a story before the show in August, speaking in Neapolitan about someone being a head. We speculated then that it might have been Gio, but mainly because we generally think he's a bit of a dick. Vito then posted a nice message for Gio's birthday early Sept. Then they went to the premiere of Moulin Rouge together late Sept, and posted a story together so that all seemed to be fine and a nice Italian bromance.

The last post of Gio's Vito liked was Halloween 2022 (he liked nearly all of them till then). The last interaction I remember between them was the Carbonara boys at Blackpool (November 2022) and Vito taking the piss out of Gio's double-breasted jacket (also Blackpool). Then crickets. Not sure if the timeline lines up with Gio starting up with Jowita or other things.

[this in-depth investigation brought to you by Covid boredom. Just call me Stacey Dooley)

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Vito, Nikita, Jowita (among others) have all made an immediate impact in a way that people like Amy, Nadiya & Graziano simply didn't, and most of the new ones are also superior dancers over the likes of Janette, better choreographers than Aljaž and more likeable than Kevin or AJ. With that lot being his competition, naturally Gio got quite a good run as top dog and it took until his 7th/8th year before he lost that. Now he doesn't know what to do with himself.
Totally agree. Gio doesn’t stand out anymore as some of the recent additions have made a much bigger impact than their counterparts.

I also agree that the comment about other pros being jealous of Gio came from his camp. In all reality what do they have to be jealous about? Yes he is making some huge money with his side gigs but his arrogance is probably going to lose him his main gig. I hope he has some good savings as he likes money and I think his big earning days are numbered because of his attitude.

Reactions: 10
No that was a joke! he definitely wouldn't do it. And looking at Dianne's story, the pros on tour all seem to be harmonious and having a laugh. Gio is definitely the outlier.

Thinking back on the Gio-Vito timeline, I remember Vito doing a story before the show in August, speaking in Neapolitan about someone being a head. We speculated then that it might have been Gio, but mainly because we generally think he's a bit of a dick. Vito then posted a nice message for Gio's birthday early Sept. Then they went to the premiere of Moulin Rouge together late Sept, and posted a story together so that all seemed to be fine and a nice Italian bromance.

The last post of Gio's Vito liked was Halloween 2022 (he liked nearly all of them till then). The last interaction I remember between them was the Carbonara boys at Blackpool (November 2022) and Vito taking the piss out of Gio's double-breasted jacket (also Blackpool). Then crickets. Not sure if the timeline lines up with Gio starting up with Jowita or other things.

[this in-depth investigation brought to you by Covid boredom. Just call me Stacey Dooley)
Interesting that Vito hasn’t been publicly friendly with Gio since he started seeing Jowita- I didn’t know the two lined up! Thinking back during series 20 we always thought Vito and Jowita would’ve been cute so we’re very shocked when the news of her and Gio broke!! Obviously is probably just a coincidence but still!

Reactions: 3
Karim is having a baby! Well, I mean his partner is. Will he be first to announce the birth?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.