Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see fans of Gio still saying that Amanda should have clarified in her statement that her PTSD diagnosis had nothing to do with him! Maybe try to put 2 + 2 together here! They are also saying how dare she like the pros’ posts. I dunno: maybe she’s mates with them?
The Gio Derangement Syndrome this has all brought out is insane - just because people hoped he was banging Rose he has a free pass for life!

Reactions: 16
I see fans of Gio still saying that Amanda should have calcified in her statement that her PTSD diagnosis had nothing to do with him! Maybe try to put 2 + 2 together here! They are also saying how dare she like the pros’ posts. I dunno: maybe she’s mates with them? The Gio Derangement Syndrome this has all brought out is insane - just because people hoped he was banging Rose he has a free pass for life!
The hate she is getting is actually pissing me off, sure she might be hard work but even if she was she doesn't deserve death threats and the mocking of her mental illness. She is a carer to he husband who is a paraplegic, she has children. She always seems to be upfront with her failings and now she is getting bullshit articles like that absolute tripe written about her.

All this is telling me is that more than likely Gio and the BBC producers of this show are in the wrong.

Reactions: 17
Ohhh more drama unfolds. I'm not sure how a dance show that she was on that long can give her PTSD? Unless something extremely bad has happened? However if they were always being recorded then I can't imagine Gio would openly treat her badly.

I don't know its all just so odd
I’m just catching up on the thread and please excuse me if this has been said. But as soon as I saw Amanda was in Strictly I thought oooh, I wonder how this turns out. I can’t remember where or when I read it but a while back (possibly around the divorce from Martin or Sherlock time?) that she is a nightmare to deal with. As I say I can’t say where or when I read this and I'm also aware that strong women can be labelled as difficult etc. But I was expecting her to come across very badly, and whilst that might not have happened, it seems theres definitely been drama.
off I want her to exonerated and treated properly if she has been mistreated etc

Reactions: 7
The comment sections surrounding Giomandagate are absolutely disgusting - comment after comment belittling mental illness, saying things like "she should just go away" and showing exactly why women choose not to speak up if they feel they've been mistreated.

I have a horrible feeling this is all going to end very badly for Amanda.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Why on earth would anyone think that there’s an atom of truth in this ‘story’? 🙄
She didn’t come back for the final group dance (like everyone else who leaves for non Strictly accrued physical injury reasons) … why on earth would anyone think she‘d be on the tour - or want to be?

Reactions: 18
She didn’t come back for the final group dance (like everyone else who leaves for non Strictly accrued physical injury reasons) … why on earth would anyone think she‘d be on the tour - or want to be?

Not to mention the fact that the tour participants were announced ages ago, and generally (barring a casting shortfall) only contestants who've made it past a certain number of weeks do the tour. As well as the fact that none of the involved parties have made any direct comment about any of this at any point.

It's such an obviously contrived non-story designed to keep the clicks coming, given that there have been no dramatic new developments and it's a slow time of year for showbiz gossip. I just honestly didn't believe that people read these sorts of 'articles' and took them at face value. I'd assumed that most people were more savvy as far as tabloid machinations go. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Not to mention the fact that the tour participants were announced ages ago, and generally (barring a casting shortfall) only contestants who've made it past a certain number of weeks do the tour. As well as the fact that none of the involved parties have made any direct comment about any of this at any point.

It's such an obviously contrived non-story designed to keep the clicks coming, given that there have been no dramatic new developments and it's a slow time of year for showbiz gossip. I just honestly didn't believe that people read these sorts of 'articles' and took them at face value. I'd assumed that most people were more savvy as far as tabloid machinations go. 🤷‍♀️
I think anyone who "believes" that article simply just wants to believe it.

• Heart
Slightly side eying Gorka for reposting a story on his Instagram saying the scores in the Spanish Strictly are a joke but at least he has integrity. Might be true but doesn’t exactly endear you to your fellow judges?! It sounds absolutely bat tit reading the comments here tbf

Reactions: 6
Slightly side eying Gorka for reposting a story on his Instagram saying the scores in the Spanish Strictly are a joke but at least he has integrity. Might be true but doesn’t exactly endear you to your fellow judges?! It sounds absolutely bat tit reading the comments here tbf
Trust me he wasn't hiding what he thought of some of the other judges scores, the woman to his right he would fully turn towards her with a horrified look. I have no idea who she is but she seemed drunk to me.
There are 5 judges the 3 in the middle including Gorka all seem to have a background in dancing and give similar scores then there are the two on each end who give 8's when the middle three are giving 2's.
They each gave a 10 last night too, Gorka almost clutched his pearls. :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Trust me he wasn't hiding what he thought of some of the other judges scores, the woman to his right he would fully turn towards her with a horrified look. I have no idea who she is but she seemed drunk to me.
There are 5 judges the 3 in the middle including Gorka all seem to have a background in dancing and give similar scores then there are the two on each end who give 8's when the middle three are giving 2's.
Has it always been like this in past series ?! They must be paying well 😳🤣

Reactions: 2
10s on week 1, even for an unhinged European version, that's too far

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Has it always been like this in past series ?! They must be paying well 😳🤣
I think it was off air for a couple of years and only just returned, it mostly has the same cast like presenters and judges.
The Euro DWTS are often batshit crazy and a lot less classy, one of the dances last night the Pro male dancer slow stroked the young female celebs arse. She was in a similar outfit to Ellies week 1 jive can you imagine the outrage if Vito had done that to her?!

I should add I only watched the first 3 hours and 9 dances, I fell asleep around midnight :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I thought she wasn't "invited" back for the final dance???

I wasn't big fan of Amanda prior to the show for the whole going bankrupt will living with a multi millionaire - also didn't like him for not helping her out - I know it's more complicated but hey we all judge celebrities for stupid reasons.

I honestly didn't know about anything her social media and terfy comments - that wouldn't bother me given I'm also in my 50s and have concerns about these issues. Don't bother trying to debate with me - I'm not changing my mind and neither are you!!!

Amanda did some lovely dances with Gio and I was looking forward to their journey in the competition. However even if they hadn't withdrawn, I don't think they'd have bothered the final as they didn't seem to have a connection - if was very professional with no emotion attached.

If Gio has mistreated Amanda, he needs to go. And bear in mind I've got tickets to see him so I'm a fan.

If it's a case of 50/50 he can stay. But as I've said before I think he needs to speak to Anton about how to last on the show.

As for the comments on social media - I wouldn't automatically assume its Gio fans giving Amanda grief.

Look at Ellie - EVERYONE loved her, loads of 💩 was being chucked at Layton and his family

However the second she wins, she's getting loads of 💩💩💩 and comments that she shouldn't have won, generally it seems Bobby was the chosen one.

We have to face facts, people love berating women for all manner of things, real and imagined.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.