Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh thanks for sharing I didn't realise Kevin had done any tv acting work. Was he any good?
He didn't really need to act as was judging a dance item. Quite cheesy really, but whole series is fun (it's like a kind of Agatha Raisin style crime drama).

Reactions: 3
I can't get over him giving an 8 to a jive that was worse than the one he did with Nikita 😂 I would barely have even known it was supposed to be a jive, I swear there wasn't a single kick in it. And he gave the ringer who was the best by a wide margin the same score?!

Can't blame him for having lost his mind by that point though, at nearly 3 hours and still not halfway through.

The other judges: Going batshit crazy
Gorka: Disassociating

Anyone else think Gorka might not be back next week?! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I find the narrative and coverage around Amanda at the minute quite uncomfortable. We talk endlessly about being open about our mental health etc and then the minute someone is, they get slated. There's an article on the DM currently effectively stating she can't have PTSD because Strictly isn't the same as being shot at in Afghanistan....she never said it was?!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I find the narrative and coverage around Amanda at the minute quite uncomfortable. We talk endlessly about being open about our mental health etc and then the minute someone is, they get slated. There's an article on the DM currently effectively stating she can't have PTSD because Strictly isn't the same as being shot at in Afghanistan....she never said it was?!
i find this really uncomfortable too - and the same comments on the small thread dedicated to her here. stating a person can “only” suffer PTSD for something someone else classes as deserving of trauma is such a toxic mindset.

Reactions: 20
i find this really uncomfortable too - and the same comments on the small thread dedicated to her here. stating a person can “only” suffer PTSD for something someone else classes as deserving of trauma is such a toxic mindset.
THIS 👏🏻👏🏻
Like PTSD can only effect those who went to war etc.
People can suffer with PTSD for all sorts of life events.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
THIS 👏🏻👏🏻
Like PTSD can only effect those who went to war etc.
People can suffer with PTSD for all sorts of life events.
exactly! a close friend of mine has PTSD from a life event that probably seems trivial to a lot of people (and she has sadly been told this many times) - but to her it was a horrific thing that still impacts her to this day.

no one can really tell or label amanda’s experience or what she should be feeling about it. and i find people who say this sort of “lol it’s not like she was in a war zone” stuff are just telling on themselves really.

Reactions: 18
He's not gonna shag you, Shirley!

Realistically, she’s not going to go on a TV show and say ‘Yeah, I believe every word and I’m amazed no one’s put in a complaint before now. He’s a right twit, we’ve got a secret WhatsApp group where we all witch about him’.

#bighappyfamily

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve had to stop reading or I wouldn’t be responsible for my typing.
I’m also not a little unconcerned that it looks like someone who is not Amanda dropped the story about the PTSD to the tabloids who ran the story. Wouldn’t that come under confidential medical information?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m also not a little unconcerned that it looks like someone who is not Amanda dropped the story about the PTSD to the tabloids who ran the story. Wouldn’t that come under confidential medical information?
Yes, it was either friends of hers or someone on the show. She just said she told 'a few people in the utmost confidence'. Either way, horrible. And she didn't say the show gave her PTSD, just that there were several reasons. Maybe it triggered something after an already traumatic few years.

Reactions: 14
I'm very much here for Carlos and his denim corset.
Ins3568425229_b85613fafd98468faf0931fa1609eb3b.jpg

I'm even more here for him barely in his dressing gown.

Ins3568425229_5b65704659f449f5b90fe62070146fc2.jpg

Looking cute as duck. 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This whole Amanda scenario and the press not letting go feels very Caroline Flack to me. The BBC/Strictly have mis managed the whole situation. I bet the majority of people attacking Amanda online are #bekind people.

Reactions: 11
That's only really a possibility if the info comes from a health care provider although one could complain to the press standards agency.
I find it horrible that Amanda has felt forced to clarify and talk about her private mental health because someone has betrayed her confidence.

Reactions: 7
That's only really a possibility if the info comes from a health care provider although one could complain to the press standards agency.
I find it horrible that Amanda has felt forced to clarify and talk about her private mental health because someone has betrayed her confidence.
And then be told she’s not PTSD-ey enough.

Yeah, the Amanda situation is very depressing. Firstly showing how little progress has been made regarding mental health, and secondly, whilst I'm not calling Giovanni an abuser because there's no evidence that he is (being a dick and an abuser obviously aren't the same thing), the discourse online is so "he just cares about her dancing, he wants to push her, he wants the best for her" and I find that bordering on triggering. It does honestly feel like the type of language people would have used to justify/enable abusers and the way it's being spoken about online makes me extremely uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh lord Vito on Dianne's story eating his homecooked meal of fish on the train! that is a whipping offence, no matter how cute you are!

• Sick
And then be told she’s not PTSD-ey enough.
Yes by a DR at the daily fail! How is that not a reportable offense? To interfere with the ongoing mental health situation of a public figure when you don't have any of the patients notes? She's had a huge amount of stress over the past few years, how could anyone suffering go to an establishment this Dr is practising in and feel comfortable disclosing their mental health problems?

Reactions: 7
Oh lord Vito on Dianne's story eating his homecooked meal of fish on the train! that is a whipping offence, no matter how cute you are!
All I can think about is it cold or hot fish. If cold what type fish - salmon? Admitting I’m one of those people that eats fish for lunch at their desk at work - but I do ask if people mind and if I get a yes sit elsewhere. Boiled eggs possibly the worst sin to eat on public transport or at a desk work etc.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.