Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@lavendervase Exactly what I was about to say. Anton was being given partners who weren't going to get very far. So she might have wondered wtf.

I liked them together and never sensed any tension between them.

0E39E884-324D-407D-B858-C2E05A4F55DA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@lavendervase Exactly what I was about to say. Anton was being given partners who weren't going to get very far. So she might have wondered wtf.

I liked them together and never sensed any tension between them.

View attachment 2674357
Across EE socials and on her Instagram at the time she always absolutely adored Anton
she said as a woman in her forties she wanted a partner who could just glide her around the floor and had always spoke of her love of theatre and musicals but mainly ballroom
I remember thinking as soon as she was announced if she doesn't get Anton she'll be gutted because her hints weren't exactly subtle kinda thing.

Reactions: 8
Across EE socials and on her Instagram at the time she always absolutely adored Anton
she said as a woman in her forties she wanted a partner who could just glide her around the floor and had always spoke of her love of theatre and musicals but mainly ballroom
I remember thinking as soon as she was announced if she doesn't get Anton she'll be gutted because her hints weren't exactly subtle kinda thing.
So it's quite bizarre really when at the time you see something that you interpret totally differently just based on what you're watching, than what is apparently fact. I never thought she looked especially happy being paired with him and always seemed really tense. But just goes to show 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
The BBC have countered Amanda's supposed allegations:

"A source told the Mail: 'Amanda's reason for quitting Strictly was an entirely different one to her PTSD.

'She told production of a totally different medical condition [GP Vita-induced urticaria?] and they [were] hugely supportive of her and did all they could to help.

'Nobody seems to quite understand what is going on here.'"

Seems she asked for the tapes before Christmas

Last edited:
I'm sure the tapes could easily go missing or am I being too cynical 😁
There would hardly be any pressing need to keep them, really, would there? Genuine question.

Reactions: 4
The BBC have countered Amanda's supposed allegations:

"A source told the Mail: 'Amanda's reason for quitting Strictly was an entirely different one to her PTSD.

'She told production of a totally different medical condition and they [were] hugely supportive of her and did all they could to help.

'Nobody seems to quite understand what is going on here.'"

Seems she asked for the tapes before Christmas

Ohhh more drama unfolds. I'm not sure how a dance show that she was on that long can give her PTSD? Unless something extremely bad has happened? However if they were always being recorded then I can't imagine Gio would openly treat her badly.

I don't know its all just so odd

Reactions: 13
Seems risky of them to say "she told production of a totally different medical condition." 😬

I think she was probably just about holding her head above water after an incredibly stressful couple of years and being paired with a prick who didn’t treat her very well pushed her over the edge.

Rehearsals start tomorrow don’t they? Layton is on his way back from Durham where he has been doing a pros from the shows workshop. He’s had a couple of weeks off and now is throwing himself right back into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well, the Sun are not letting it go. Apparently Giovanni had "a meeting" with producers (but no action was taken). They also say that Ranvir complained about him

“The BBC are standing behind Giovanni and won’t be pursuing an investigation.

“It’s a shock to some on the show who think something needs to be done about his behaviour.

“Amanda had a really tough time with him and she isn’t the only one.

“Four more of his partners have either talked openly about how hard it was working with him or have made it clear in the industry.”

I really wonder who their source is, if "some on the show" think he should get the boot

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Ooh. So if the BBC are standing by him then they think he’s done nothing wrong?
Last night a source close to the pro said: “Gio finds some of these allegations deeply unfair and offensive.

“He has had support from producers over what has happened recently and they are behind him. A lot of the negativity seems to be born out of professional jealousy, especially among the other pro dancers because he went on to get his own TV show with Anton Du Beke.
twit.

Well, the Sun are not letting it go. Apparently Giovanni had "a meeting" with producers (but no action was taken). They also say that Ranvir complained about him

“The BBC are standing behind Giovanni and won’t be pursuing an investigation.

“It’s a shock to some on the show who think something needs to be done about his behaviour.

“Amanda had a really tough time with him and she isn’t the only one.

“Four more of his partners have either talked openly about how hard it was working with him or have made it clear in the industry.”

I really wonder who their source is, if "some on the show" think he should get the boot
The Ranvir complaint doesn't surprise me there was similar 'from a source' news stories during their run saying there had been arguments between them.

Ooh. So if the BBC are standing by him then they think he’s done nothing wrong?

twit.
The Strictly producers might stand by him but the top bosses could easily override them. Equally they might just be in PR mode, letting legal deal with it with plans to quietly drop him from the line up. It will certainly add a bit of abuzz around Pro announcement time!

the thing that's sticking with me is apparently amanda was a superfan and that's why we should have all been so sorry for her withdrawing 🥺 (per many twitter and fb posts at the time)

but!

how the hell can one be a "superfan" without realising that gio can be a twit? have you actually watched this show?!?

honestly, they deserved each other

Reactions: 14
Ellie and Vito are appearing on This Morning again this week, didn’t specify which day (I think it is Craig and Josie again until Friday).
Wonder if it is tour related promotion or for something else?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.