Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bastille

Chatty Member
Today I have learnt that many believe if someone has sex without valid consent, even if force or violence is used, it is only classed as rape WHEN the police are told and a conviction has occurred. Until that point it is valid joke fodder and not even a big deal.
Jeesus christ. I think I've had enough internet today

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103

pixxyy

VIP Member
Not a fan of him, and if he has done what he’s accused he deserved the criticism

but..

its interesting how they’re blowing up the exposé as they are, perhaps to make an example out of him considering how much he’s pissed off the establishment.
nah its blowing up because he's raped numerous Women.

• Wow
Reactions: 96

Lolly505

VIP Member
He's innocent then isnt he. If the evidence couldnt convince a court then that is literally that. You dont get convicted just because some one says so, or you have flimsy evidence.
My job involves working with victims of sexual violence and it's ghastly to see the rate of convictions, even where they've had evidence, because the courts need it to be 'beyond reasonable doubt'. And it's so hard to get evidence when the evidence of intent only exists in the assailant's head.

But even when there is evidence, that evidence is not always admissable in court. I've heard from rape victims who have had their rapist phone them and literally admit what they did and that they knew it was wrong/nonconsensual, then beg them not to get them sent down for it... but the confession is considered inadmissible in court because he didn't know it was being recorded/it wasn't recorded by the police/etc so it came down to a Not Guilty verdict 🙃 Same goes for screenshots - not admissable, so if you don't have the same phone/app data from when it happened, it can't be submitted as evidence. To do that, they have to download your entire phone data - but I've also had cases involving years of violent abuse fully collapse because the police found one flirty message at the start of the relationship (prior to the physical/sexual assaults) so CPS decided it'd undermine the whole case, meaning they just dropped all the charges instead of taking it to court 🙃

The system fucking sucks. But even if you can't prove it legally, you can and absolutely should shame those who think that any predatory behaviour is okay.
Maybe you can't legally say he's a rapist but you sure can call Russell Brand a fucking creep for free ✌

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 92

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Not a fan of him, and if he has done what he’s accused he deserved the criticism

but..

its interesting how they’re blowing up the exposé as they are, perhaps to make an example out of him considering how much he’s pissed off the establishment.
Don't talk nonsense. It's been known for 20+ years what he's like. Like when the day after 9/11 he went to work at MTV dressed as Osama Bin Laden. All the women. He's been talked about negatively through his marriage of Katie Perry and the movie career he only had because of that marriage that ended when his marriage did. It's been a three year investigation to make sure they have plenty of evidence that cannot be denied. It wasn't a rush job to out someone. I am delighted he's finally being brought down and hope many others are joining him.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79

Twinkle6

VIP Member
Are you even British?? Have you never heard of Innocent until proven guilty? He doesnt have to prove anything, the burden of proof isnt on him its on the accuser! Jesus wept the nutters on this board are just a bunch of screaming harridans!!
you have to be a man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

monsterinlaw

It’s so dangerous and damaging.
So is the fact that 1 in 4 women in the UK are sexually assaulted or raped as an adult.
And less than 2 in 100 raoes recrded by police in 2022 resulted in a charge that same year. Let alone a conviction.

I’m actually still reeling from the fact I watched an career destroying programme about someone who isn’t even facing criminal charges
Diddums. There are millions of women around the world who are reeling from the fact that they were raped by someone who isn’t even facing criminal charges.

Go to the police first!! There is a reason we have a judicial process so use it instead of waffling on tv fifteen years later
Ah yeah, the police are amazing aren't they? None of them have ever raped or murdered a woman, have they? They're known for their sympathetic treatment of women who report rape, aren't they?

• Heart
Reactions: 73

pixxyy

VIP Member
Are you even British?? Have you never heard of Innocent until proven guilty? He doesnt have to prove anything, the burden of proof isnt on him its on the accuser! Jesus wept the nutters on this board are just a bunch of screaming harridans!!
you are a cunt😗

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69

thegrumpos

The women who have taken part in this will not believe this will end in criminal charges. I imagine they have been told very clearly how unlikely that is, even if the police took an interest, it would be incredibly difficult to secure a conviction.

They have gone years and years knowing he will not face criminal charges, I imagine they’ve accepted that reality and that this, public exposure for what he is, is a consolidation prize to seeing proper legal justice.

Anyone just spouting the “just go to the police” line are at best naive and at worst utterly void of any critical thought

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
Well then give the evidence to the police, let him get charged and we'll see the outcome in court. But right now, he's innocent.
I’m not going to argue with someone who has clearly come on here just to upset people. Read the article and watch the documentary and see how confident you are in shouting about his potential innocence. Savile never went to trial and he’s sure as hell guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
He comes across as complete self absorbed prick. I was disappointed a couple years ago at Fearne Cottons Happy Place festival when she had him on. Kind of lost my respect for Fearne at that, but wasn’t sure why. Couldn’t put my finger on it.
I’m not sure Fearne Cotton is an especially good judge of male character (i.e. Ian Watkins)

• Wow
Reactions: 60

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Innocent until proven guilty. If people make accusations they can back it up with hard evidence and then in court.
Sadly the conviction rate for sexual assault and rape is so low and the attitude from police officers and the judicial system is so insensitive that the non legal route feels easier and more effective.

Look at Mason Greenwood. There was actual photographic, text and audio evidence, he went to trial and is a free man today.

It's not as straightforward as telling rape and abuse victims to "just go to the police". Many of them already tried that.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Mark81

VIP Member

but..

Has he though? He hasn't really had much impact on the 'establishment'. That's all a bit conspiracy theory to me. He hasn't been relevant or listened to for years. And he isn't exactly the first person to speak against the establishment on the years.

His career suddenly died a number of years ago, he went from Hollywood movies, TV, chat shows etc to relegated to his own YouTube channel. That says something too. Suddenly no one wanted to work with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Elltee

He's innocent then isnt he. If the evidence couldnt convince a court then that is literally that. You dont get convicted just because some one says so, or you have flimsy evidence.
He isn’t gonna shag you mate. Not consensually anyways. Grow up.

• Haha
Reactions: 57

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
He is repulsive and thinks he is far cleverer than he actually is and some sort of wordsmith. I read that nonsense too where he defends never doing any childcare as he sees looking after children as the divine right of women or some such guff. Plus his wife accepts that his mind works on a higher plane so he shouldn't have to change a nappy. He really is such a tedious areshole.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56

Greatbutton

Chatty Member
Innocent until proven guilty. If people make accusations they can back it up with hard evidence and then in court.
No, the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty is a legal thing. I'm not in a jury so I can read the evidence and think he is a dirty, disgusting scumbag, thanks.

No one who has been assaulted has to prove their assaulter guilty in court. That's not how these things work. If you been assaulted, you have been assaulted, and that's that.

• Heart

Lolly505

VIP Member
Why is this coming out now though?
Because they've finally got enough evidence and sources to publish without him being able to claim libel. They've been working on this for three years to get testimonies, verify facts, etc.

Apparently they had been at least one other attempt at an exposé at 2018 and he shut it down and got an injunction/superinjunction. Hence all the secrecy and seemingly only telling him yesterday - they're making sure it goes out publically this time.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Madbadsad

My thoughts are with the women. How brave to speak up. I hope they feel safe and supported and finally listened to. Also to anyone reading this who is finding it triggering ❤
It seems this has been years coming.
And whatever people are saying about his wife Laura- she is pregnant so must be feeling really vulnerable.
Russel has got away with his charm, ridiculous bamboozling language, power and army of lawyers.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
Read the article. They’ve been working on this for four years and have evidence of texts, medical treatment etc. If it does go to court, there’s a good chance he’d be charged. People have been found guilty with less evidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 55