Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Not at all. I just believe we have a process there for a reason and it should be used instead of using women’s abuse stories as fodder and whipping on the masses for entertainment purposes, how about following what we are meant to do and reporting it and going about it that way. I do not believe that someone should be crucified in the court of public opinion without any ability to defend themselves with outdated clips used out of context to whip up outrage and paint a picture to support very weak accounts
This is a joke. So little cases of rape and abuse are actually prosecuted. This was likely the absolute best way for anyone to get justice or raise awareness. I was horrendously sexually assaulted and the police couldn’t even be bothered to find him. There’s so many stories I know similar for other women. How privileged to think a police report leads to the correct result.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Meehee69

A lot of these girls/ladies won’t have been believed and will have then just kept it to themselves.
Double assault.
There will be a lot more than have spoken out and I hope that the people who disbelieved them realise how it would have made them feel.
I once said something on social media that had happened to me that was true about a ‘national treasure’ and got shot down in flames.
I hope all predators famous or not get their due and that all victims get some peace.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
Do you have to have gone to the police to have been assaulted? Is that a requirement?

What good does that do apart from drag you through a very traumatic process where you are highly unlikely to get justice?
Exactly, has anyone seen the rape convictions statistics recently? And those are the ones that make it to court.

"Have you gone to the police though?" Is such a thicko response.

Reactions: 41

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Instead of asking why the media is exposing this information maybe ask why the media is seen as more trustworthy/effective than the police and courts?

If anyone or thing is deserving of criticism, it's the police and judicial system for not making sexual assault victims feel like they can go to them.

• Heart

Squittel

VIP Member
So in the US and the UK. Oh dear, he's got nowhere to hide after this. That video he released yesterday was a massive mistake even bigger than most of us knew it was yesterday. It would be funny if it weren't so horrible, he is truly fucked even though he's been telling us the whole damn time and people were laughing at it.
---
I just ,do not have words for this shit
"On their first date, she claims Brand asked her as soon as they met to confirm she was definitely 16, saying: “I don’t give a f*** if you’re 12 . . . I need to know where I stand legally.”
This is interesting because the first thing he asked me was my age too. I told him 18 (I was actually younger) but these stories all sound very believable to me.

• Sad
  • Wow

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I loathe him , he’s an utter twat.

There was an interview in the press a few weeks ago/a month?. He does absolutely fuck all childcare for his children, even nappy changes appear to be off limits , he’s a third child for his partner to care for while he indulges in the role of mystical child entertainer when the mood takes him. I’m paraphrasing but that’s what he alluded to.

She must think he’s one hell of a shag.

• Wow
  • Heart

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
Imagine hearing a woman screaming in a house, she runs out upset and then you go in the house and have a meeting with the guy that caused that woman such distress. Fucking horrible.

• Angry

Trafalgar

VIP Member
I think some people seem to forget this will have been through lawyers at the times, Channel 4 and with Brands lawyers. If they didn't have rock solid evidence then this would not have gone to air. Brand has been very litigious in the past and got away with other exposes and had them shut down due to the legal process.

No print media or broadcaster can just go on air and spout anything they like about someone. This will have had hours of legal time pouring over every little details. They will have checked evidence timelines, they will have seen all the texts, WhatsApp chats, photos, etc.......... I would be surprised if parts of the programme weren't pulled on the lawyers request and that's why they have been editing it right up to the print/air time.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

pollypocket77

Chatty Member
We've seen quite a few of the "truth telling, anti establishment" lot be accused of sexual assault etc now...

Do they join these communities to set up a defence or is it just coincidence?
I always thought it was odd that pretty much overnight he went from bragging about drugs & sleeping with anything that moved to this bohemian, robe wearing, meditating, ice bathing man… now I wonder if it was to try & remove himself as much as pos from the previous image because he knew one day he was going to get caught…. he’s clearly highly intelligent but extremely arrogant & probably very manipulative. His marriage to Katy Perry was odd as well

Reactions: 40

ClaireBear117

He’s grim. Many moons ago (2007) I went to one of his stand-up gigs at Wolverhampton Little Civic with some friends, and he sent one of his entourage out to the audience to pick out girls from the audience to go backstage. One of my friends was ‘selected’. Apparently he’s not very good and smells a bit like a damp towel... 😂😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
I'm not sure what he'#s meant to be telling the truth about. He spouts a load of word salad.
He’s always used verbal obfuscation to disguise the fact that he’s not saying very much at all. Whenever I see anyone praise him as a highly intelligent man who speaks incisive truth to power, it’s clear that they’re not very bright and can’t see through the showboating to his complete lack of substance.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Bastille

Chatty Member
More than One claim of the same thing by different people at different locations, texts HE sent apologising for it, his lawyers not being able to silence it, multiple accounts from people who witnessed it, is looking like a lot of evidence exists somewhere. But good to know where you're at Mr Brand.
Innocent until proven guilty. If people make accusations they can back it up with hard evidence and then in court.

Reactions: 37
No comment on the allegations but why is it ok to ask a man if he’s appalled by his promiscuity but this question absolutely would not be asked towards a woman 🤔
Perhaps because women have historically been slut shamed and still are day in day out. Men have always been able to shag around but when a woman does it, it is a problem. Even though we are considered a more progressive society, it is still not accepted in the same way it is for men.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
He’s a piece of shit.

But IMO he wouldn’t have had a documentary made had he not gone against the mainstream media and establishment.
I think it was the other way around, he started his anti establishment schtick because he knew it would all come out one day, and this (in his mind) gives him a shield.

• Haha

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I’m not even a mad fan of Russell but so far I think this is a very weak expose? Using old footage of his self confessed risqué past out of context is a bit low hanging fruit tbh. The piece about him urinating in a bottle.. who cares? Obviously if he forced himself on anyone that is appalling, but have any of these women actually gone to the police? I’m not sure how comfortable I am with this new this new thing of destroying someone’s life publicly through the media when there are courts and a justice system set up for that purpose. A lot of the old footage that they have now used against him was Russel owning who he is and being upfront about his past. It’s a bit unfair and convenient to be used in another context against him

• Angry
  • Wow

LizzieE.

Again, these fuckers tell you who they are and what they're doing. Can we please listen

• Heart