Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More than One claim of the same thing by different people at different locations, texts HE sent apologising for it, his lawyers not being able to silence it, multiple accounts from people who witnessed it, is looking like a lot of evidence exists somewhere. But good to know where you're at Mr Brand.
Innocent until proven guilty. If people make accusations they can back it up with hard evidence and then in court.

Reactions: 37
I do believe that these girls were raped I also am curious cos I dont have access to the times, did any of them try to convict him? Or how did dispatches find them...there must have been some paper trail to the courts etc.

Reactions: 9
Sorry if this has been asked but is there anywhere to read the article for free? The times asks for login/subscription

Reactions: 2
Read the article. They’ve been working on this for four years and have evidence of texts, medical treatment etc. If it does go to court, there’s a good chance he’d be charged. People have been found guilty with less evidence.
Well then give the evidence to the police, let him get charged and we'll see the outcome in court. But right now, he's innocent.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Innocent until proven guilty. If people make accusations they can back it up with hard evidence and then in court.
Sadly the conviction rate for sexual assault and rape is so low and the attitude from police officers and the judicial system is so insensitive that the non legal route feels easier and more effective.

Look at Mason Greenwood. There was actual photographic, text and audio evidence, he went to trial and is a free man today.

It's not as straightforward as telling rape and abuse victims to "just go to the police". Many of them already tried that.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I'm going to hell but I'm taking you with me. I read this and snorted.
1694884199333.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Well then give the evidence to the police, let him get charged and we'll see the outcome in court. But right now, he's innocent.
I’m not going to argue with someone who has clearly come on here just to upset people. Read the article and watch the documentary and see how confident you are in shouting about his potential innocence. Savile never went to trial and he’s sure as hell guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
If no one's allowed to consider him guilty without a trial then similarly no one should proclaim his innocence.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Sadly the conviction rate for sexual assault and rape is so low and the attitude from police officers and the judicial system is so insensitive that the non legal route feels easier and more effective.

Look at Mason Greenwood. There was actual photographic, text and audio evidence, he went to trial and is a free man today.

It's not as straightforward as telling rape and abuse victims to "just go to the police". Many of them already tried that.
He's innocent then isnt he. If the evidence couldnt convince a court then that is literally that. You dont get convicted just because some one says so, or you have flimsy evidence.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
He's innocent then isnt he. If the evidence couldnt convince a court then that is literally that. You dont get convicted just because some one says so, or you have flimsy evidence.
This isn’t news to some of us btw, there’s been enough kicking around about Brand for a while.
You must be a cult follower of the guy, because you weren’t exactly supportive of Scholfield when it all hit the fan

Reactions: 47
Just watching channel 4 news and clips of the doc. 100%agree with whoever here said he is appealing to his conspiracy theorists about rhe "mainstream media". I never found him funny but seeing clips of his "comedy" just ties in with what the women are claiming, hiding in plain sight is very much what it seems to be

Reactions: 14
Yes because that's how the world works, I'm just off to London to make me fortune, be back in time for supper!
:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m not sure I will watch tonight I really hope the victims are being supported as someone who took my abuser to court it’s not easy and has impacted my life greatly it’s not a easy thing to do

• Heart
Reactions: 47
No, the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty is a legal thing. I'm not in a jury so I can read the evidence and think he is a dirty, disgusting scumbag, thanks.

No one who has been assaulted has to prove their assaulter guilty in court. That's not how these things work. If you been assaulted, you have been assaulted, and that's that.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.