Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a friend who witnessed a “joke” he made on stage, so descriptive, and indeed was the very same description one of the victims has provided

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Was gonna ask how everyone is watching it cos I’m just seeing formula 1 and wondering if it was a delay but then realised I was on Channel 4+1 typical me 🙄

what was the hell of the opener??

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm not sure what he'#s meant to be telling the truth about. He spouts a load of word salad.
He’s always used verbal obfuscation to disguise the fact that he’s not saying very much at all. Whenever I see anyone praise him as a highly intelligent man who speaks incisive truth to power, it’s clear that they’re not very bright and can’t see through the showboating to his complete lack of substance.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Again, these fuckers tell you who they are and what they're doing. Can we please listen

• Heart
Reactions: 37
He’s clearly a deviant scumbag but he’s 100% pissed off too many people upstairs so they’re going extra extra hard on him now.
The grapist deserves it but if he didn’t do the internet stuff they’d have let him off

• Heart
Reactions: 9
back in the day, I saw brand live. he was late and came on stage with a bottle of his p*ss and asked who wanted it. some bloke said yes, so he gave it him. he then spend the rest of his show reading tabloid newspaper stories about himself and women who sold their stories to the press. he disagreed with the things they said about him. I never watched him again in anything. I regretted seeing him live

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I have a friend who witnessed a “joke” he made on stage, so descriptive, and indeed was the very same description one of the victims has provided
Abused for a second time while an audience laughs at you and he's getting paid for it. it's just repugnant on so many levels. He was literally laughing at them.

Reactions: 19
It's an act. He's an actor. He's in showbiz. All this guff we've been fed over the years ... calling these people 'personalities'. It's utter bollocks most of the time. Their persona on screen is nothing like their persona off it most of the time.
Does he even come across as nice? It wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe him. Not that he seemed horrible either, just creepy, and other than that he sort of just existed.

I don't remember him being particularly funny either, couldn't repeat a memorable joke of his if my life depended on it. He was just an eccentric character who relied on making people slightly uncomfortable.

Reactions: 14
back in the day, I saw brand live. he was late and came on stage with a bottle of his p*ss and asked who wanted it. some bloke said yes, so he gave it him. he then spend the rest of his show reading tabloid newspaper stories about himself and women who sold their stories to the press. he disagreed with the things they said about him. I never watched him again in anything. I regretted seeing him live
On the subject of which, does anyone know if he’s actually ventured on stage tonight?

Was gonna ask how everyone is watching it cos I’m just seeing formula 1 and wondering if it was a delay but then realised I was on Channel 4+1 typical me 🙄

what was the hell of the opener??
The opener was him telling a ''''''''''joke'''''''''' describing the exact scene of the oral rape he performed on one of his victims - but saying that he 'likes bjs like that' but 'wouldn't suggest it!!!!!'. Vile man.

• Sick
  • Wow
Why is this coming out now though?
I’m intrigued by why it’s suddenly being made very public now. It’s been known for years; Katherine Ryan, for one, has made many references to a ‘dangerous predator’ hiding in plain sight that everyone in comedy knew about, and though she was wary not to name him explicitly she gave enough away that it was clear who she was talking about.

Reactions: 13
Does he even come across as nice? It wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe him. Not that he seemed horrible either, just creepy, and other than that he sort of just existed.

I don't remember him being particularly funny either, couldn't repeat a memorable joke of his if my life depended on it. He was just an eccentric character who relied on making people slightly uncomfortable.
He comes across as complete self absorbed prick. I was disappointed a couple years ago at Fearne Cottons Happy Place festival when she had him on. Kind of lost my respect for Fearne at that, but wasn’t sure why. Couldn’t put my finger on it.

Why is this coming out now though?
Because they've finally got enough evidence and sources to publish without him being able to claim libel. They've been working on this for three years to get testimonies, verify facts, etc.

Apparently they had been at least one other attempt at an exposé at 2018 and he shut it down and got an injunction/superinjunction. Hence all the secrecy and seemingly only telling him yesterday - they're making sure it goes out publically this time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.