Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Never been a fan of Brand, agree with the above posts; I think he married Laura because she essentially lets him walk all over her. She’s not famous, successful or wealthy the way he was/is and this slows for him to be in control/her to be in thrall to him.b

Katy was pretty young when they got married; I imagine he thought she’d be easier to manipulate. We all date one idiot before we move on to the real deal, I’m so happy for Katy Perry that she upgraded and seems to be very happy.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Didn't he start going out with her when he was in this 30s and she was still a teen first time round...? Left her waiting years while he did his Mr Hollywood and Mr Politics thing (with the appropriate wife / partner for each of these stages) then came back to her for his Mr Doting Father role.
yes just about sums it up, but I don't understand why she kept waiting for him as he was always seeing other women and in his Hollywood days Katy Perry was the wife he then wanted to marry Jemima Khan in his poliics days and she dumped him, Laura was his last resort did he groom her in her20's

When he dumps her, and he will , she does nor deserve sympathy

Eirawen

VIP Member
I haven’t read his book but one book that has got many people sober, including him I presume because he has spoken before about being in AA, is the Big Book. I am in AA and if I was famous and had decided to break my own anonymity for awareness or altogether different reasons, I would tell people how I did it as a way of letting them know they could do it too.

The program is what they call “a simple program for complicated people” so I can’t help think he’s got slightly nefarious means for reinventing the wheel. I would be interested in reading it but I don’t want to line his pockets tbh. Just my view.
See if you can borrow copy and let us know what you think.🙂

Eirawen

VIP Member
Met him on Saturday at Carfest South. Happy to have a selfie (he took 10 on my phone!!). I only had an issue with him taking over an interview that Chris Evans was doing with Minnie Driver. It turned into a Russell Fest!! View attachment 1539656
Did you meet his wife as well? She has written yet another book, her second this year she has become as prolific as her mate Fearne Cotton.

pixxyy

VIP Member
I’m not defending him. I think they should have thrown away the key. But facts are facts and he can’t be used as a comparison when there was no trial. I hope the police are heavily involved in all of this and a fair trial will be held. I just hope this show and the media circus around it doesn’t negatively impact a trial
oh I agree 2 completly different situations. Only thing similar is the public know their names.

neroli

VIP Member
He spent some time at the Focus 12 Recovery Centre in Bury St Edmunds. Chip Somers apparently sorted him out. I see he's now a Harley Street practitioner...

RB did a series called "Re:Brand" when under the influence of drugs. It's actually very interesting and certainly far better than any of the crud he's involved in now

Lovenews

Chatty Member
What I worry a bit about is whether evidence can be used in court if it’s all been in the public domain beforehand- could it be spun as creating ‘unfair’ prejudice or something?
It would hardly be brought to court now? I may be naieve but if they wanted to, they would have. I envisage alot of women coming forward after this tho.