Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What percentage of hetero western men are like this (rapey or potentially rapey), do we think? Totally unscientific - I’d love to hear your thoughts. My husband said he thinks it’s approx 30%, and I’d be horrified if I heard what men say when women aren’t there. It’s why he hates hanging out at “men only” type things (stags etc).

• Sad
Reactions: 21
So glad to see this awful awful man finally get what’s coming to him, he’s been dropping hints his entire life🤢🤢🤢
Has anything really happened to him though? He is denying this,he will continue with his yourube etc. I'm so angry about this all. I know it's difficult but I am angry more comedians didn't come put about him tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If this was the case then wouldn't EVERY political pundit, government whistleblower and male influencer be facing serious crime allegations?

As if these are the only 3 men doing what they do.

People are sooooo smooth brained.
Exactly 💯

Reactions: 2
I think he’s a gross human and I’m no fan but it’s a super weak expose. He’s owned most of these stories for years and wrote about them in his own book. It’s not new. The story about the woman in LA is of course different and a serious allegation but otherwise I think they could’ve done a really good deep dive into sexism during that era, or focusing on the general comedy industry (which I originally thought the programme was about)
I am sure many more will come forward about he’s slept with thousands of women and they have only a handful of witnesses.
Well apart from the woman in LA there's the 16 yo who says he raped her and his ex Jordan who says he sexually assaulted her. How much do you need?

Reactions: 19
I think he’s a gross human and I’m no fan but it’s a super weak expose. He’s owned most of these stories for years and wrote about them in his own book. It’s not new. The story about the woman in LA is of course different and a serious allegation but otherwise I think they could’ve done a really good deep dive into sexism during that era, or focusing on the general comedy industry (which I originally thought the programme was about)
I am sure many more will come forward about he’s slept with thousands of women and they have only a handful of witnesses.
Did he admit to shagging a 16yr old? Wow 🤢

I know he's spoken out publically about the need for men to do more and speak out when it comes to predators. But he's right that if he can feel intimidated talking when there's no real consequence to him (a man who is not directly connected and already has his own established career), it really is no wonder female comedians don't feel like they can speak out beyond hinting 😕
I'm thinking this may well be why. It's plausible.

Reactions: 4
I know he's spoken out publically about the need for men to do more and speak out when it comes to predators. But he's right that if he can feel intimidated talking when there's no real consequence to him (a man who is not directly connected and already has his own established career), it really is no wonder female comedians don't feel like they can speak out beyond hinting 😕
Elis James and John Robins have also spoken about it (albeit without naming anyone) on the basis they have partners (Elis dates Isy Suttie and John was previously in a relationship with Sara Pascoe) who had had experience in the industry about men making women comedians feel unsafe. It's not clear if they are referencing RB but it's bloody awful generally.

I do appreciate Daniel Sloss though. Definitely seen clips of him telling men to be better. Good for him but sad they don't know the basics without having a comedian fell them how to behave.

Reactions: 17
Has anything really happened to him though? He is denying this,he will continue with his yourube etc. I'm so angry about this all. I know it's difficult but I am angry more comedians didn't come put about him tbh
Since he runs all his own output, can he be cancelled? He’s not beholden to any MSM broadcasters anymore. I guess his agent could drop him…

Reactions: 4
What percentage of hetero western men are like this (rapey or potentially rapey), do we think? Totally unscientific - I’d love to hear your thoughts. My husband said he thinks it’s approx 30%, and I’d be horrified if I heard what men say when women aren’t they. It’s why he hates hanging out at “men only” type things (stags etc).
At least 50% I’d argue. And it’s depressing and tit. I think it was much worse back then, I remember laughing at his comedy back then altho I was in my late teens early twenties. I would also laugh along with male friends who made similar jokes and worked in a similar culture where women tended to laugh along with guys (at least in public). I’m not saying it was right but it was a different time.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
All my observations about that vile, narcissistic bottom feeder from the very outset are all being completely laid bare in front of a national audience.

It's quite beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The stories from the junior runners aren’t assault - it’s highly inappropriate but clearly they were all at it during that time. I think it was that industry (or so many industries tbh: media etc) during that era. So the narrative there is more about that, not specifically Russell.

Obviously the woman in LA is different.
Indecent exposure might not be assault but I definitely think it is more than just "highly inappropriate"

Reactions: 12
A GBNews presenter offering him a slot on her show. I hope this doesn't have the opposite effect of raising his profile even more 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Today I have learnt that many believe if someone has sex without valid consent, even if force or violence is used, it is only classed as rape WHEN the police are told and a conviction has occurred. Until that point it is valid joke fodder and not even a big deal.
Jeesus christ. I think I've had enough internet today

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.