Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He used to talk about the "selection process" for after show "experiences" at his gigs. Never hid this. At one point his minder used to pick out the chosen ones by their seat numbers.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Wasn’t it to do with him sleeping with Andrew Sachs’ granddaughter then slagging her off publicly about it or something like that?

I think he still had a career after that? I think it was before he married Katy Parry and before he was in Get Him To The Greek.

Reactions: 9
Wonder who he’ll get for a cellmate? 🤔
He may be fending off Walliams with a toothbrush if there’s true karma in the world. And putting up with his shyte humour, which is probably going to be equally traumatising.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My thoughts are with the women. How brave to speak up. I hope they feel safe and supported and finally listened to. Also to anyone reading this who is finding it triggering ❤
It seems this has been years coming.
And whatever people are saying about his wife Laura- she is pregnant so must be feeling really vulnerable.
Russel has got away with his charm, ridiculous bamboozling language, power and army of lawyers.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I've never been a fan of him. I always found him a bit creepy/odd when I was younger. But then crass comedians (men and women) always make me feel a bit uncomfortable - guess it's just not my kind of comedy. I occasionally watch his YouTube channel as I do like a good conspiracy theory.

I just had a look at his Instagram page. So many people in the comments defending him and saying it's all lies. They don't even know what he's being accused of yet!? This is why victims struggle to come forward.

Reactions: 21
My first thought was Russell Brand and David Walliams.
David Williams has always given me the creeps. His children's books are disturbing and he seems to deeply dislike children so why write books FOR them, along with his incredibly problematic comedy streak ...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve said on this thread before that I know someone who slept with him and someone who brushed him off. Both had positive experiences but absolutely duck him. Mainstream media has a bleeping delorian does it?

Reactions: 9
It's funny how witch hunts develop over time. Irrespective of being guilty or not, as a society we're selective in our outrage. I agree the media protects who are useful to them. I wouldn't trust any male in the industry.

Reactions: 2
I wouldn't trust any male in the industry.
I'm not excusing unacceptable behaviour, but wanted to just say there are also women in the industry who facilitate awful behaviour ... producers, editors, executives etc. etc. They 'turn a blind eye'. Obviously, it's less likely a woman is going to sexually harrass (or worse) a man ... I think what I'm trying to say is: I personally wouldn't trust ANYONE working in the meeja industry. :cautious:

Reactions: 18
Of course it’s his sister in law!
I know that, I just think it’s a risky move given her sister has deactivate her own socials. Much easier to say nothing given she may not know the scale of the allegations, this sort of support could really bite her

Reactions: 8
I know that, I just think it’s a risky move given her sister has deactivate her own socials. Much easier to say nothing given she may not know the scale of the allegations, this sort of support could really bite her
I agree, supporting someone on word alone publicly is a crazy move. No evidence has been shown yet.

Reactions: 4
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
He even tried to set up a meeting with Serena Williams (I saw the email) but she wisely blanked him.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.