Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do believe that these girls were raped I also am curious cos I dont have access to the times, did any of them try to convict him? Or how did dispatches find them...there must have been some paper trail to the courts etc.
Clearly there have been rumblings of his behaviour for a long time. I’m also inclined to believe it. The paper sought out these testimonies to build a case against him.

Reactions: 10
We've seen quite a few of the "truth telling, anti establishment" lot be accused of sexual assault etc now...

Do they join these communities to set up a defence or is it just coincidence?
I always thought it was odd that pretty much overnight he went from bragging about drugs & sleeping with anything that moved to this bohemian, robe wearing, meditating, ice bathing man… now I wonder if it was to try & remove himself as much as pos from the previous image because he knew one day he was going to get caught…. he’s clearly highly intelligent but extremely arrogant & probably very manipulative. His marriage to Katy Perry was odd as well

Reactions: 40
True but it's not like the BBC doesn't have a track record or anything...
It definitely does but I feel it's become an easy target and makes people overlook that this is an industry wide, showbizness problem. Not just a BBC one.

Scratch that, it's a societal problem!

There are multiple media companies protecting, enabling and turning a blind eye to these types.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The Times have done a lot of investigative work. They have been incredibly thorough by the sound of things.

C15D672E-BB31-4E7A-A97C-C3036274B235.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 34
That article makes for some very tough reading. I'll probably sitbout the documentary as I don't want to look at his smug gurning, thinking he's hot as tit and irresistible.
He is so absorbed in himself, the feelings of others don't get figured into situations.
I also remeber the night he told an audience he'd "had a go on Rod Stewarts daughter". Rod Stewart was in the audience I thi k and took him aside for a word afterwards

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Sadly the conviction rate for sexual assault and rape is so low and the attitude from police officers and the judicial system is so insensitive that the non legal route feels easier and more effective.

Look at Mason Greenwood. There was actual photographic, text and audio evidence, he went to trial and is a free man today.

It's not as straightforward as telling rape and abuse victims to "just go to the police". Many of them already tried that.
Just to point out that Greenwood didn’t go on trial, the CPS dropped the case as there wasn’t reasonable chance of prosecution - most probably due to him having a baby with his victim.

I btw believe that both both Greenwood and Brand are absolutely guilty and it’s a travesty if they both manage to avoid prison.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
He's innocent then isnt he. If the evidence couldnt convince a court then that is literally that. You dont get convicted just because some one says so, or you have flimsy evidence.
My job involves working with victims of sexual violence and it's ghastly to see the rate of convictions, even where they've had evidence, because the courts need it to be 'beyond reasonable doubt'. And it's so hard to get evidence when the evidence of intent only exists in the assailant's head.

But even when there is evidence, that evidence is not always admissable in court. I've heard from rape victims who have had their rapist phone them and literally admit what they did and that they knew it was wrong/nonconsensual, then beg them not to get them sent down for it... but the confession is considered inadmissible in court because he didn't know it was being recorded/it wasn't recorded by the police/etc so it came down to a Not Guilty verdict 🙃 Same goes for screenshots - not admissable, so if you don't have the same phone/app data from when it happened, it can't be submitted as evidence. To do that, they have to download your entire phone data - but I've also had cases involving years of violent abuse fully collapse because the police found one flirty message at the start of the relationship (prior to the physical/sexual assaults) so CPS decided it'd undermine the whole case, meaning they just dropped all the charges instead of taking it to court 🙃

The system bleeping sucks. But even if you can't prove it legally, you can and absolutely should shame those who think that any predatory behaviour is okay.
Maybe you can't legally say he's a rapist but you sure can call Russell Brand a bleeping creep for free ✌

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 92
Dispatches have released a preview on X. Those defending him need to have a re-think
To stand by and offer public support to Russel Brand before seeing evidence is as good as saying the women are lying. You cannot be on both sides with rape.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
2006 an allegation was made of a date rape against Brand in a flat in Edinburgh.
2006 was fairly early on in his career.

Reactions: 7
Again going back to Saville the parallels are there. Rumours have been flying about for years, but ignored by his fans and supporters in the media. Jimmy was just being Jimmy, Russell is just being Russell.

Wasn’t Katy Perry’s song Roar about her marriage to Brand?

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

Sounds like coercive control 101 to me.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
That article is a tough read. Don't know if I could watch the programme. It really is another case of hiding in plain sight.

Reactions: 7
For a while I absolutely believed Amber Heard and all those teenage years of adoring Depp went down the toilet as I truly believed that because she had accused him of battering her, that it must be true. Women are told to believe women no matter what.

Im going to keep an open mind this time, watch the programme and see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I've had to come off twitter, twatter, X whatever they call it. It's full of idiots who are Trump/Tate lovers defending him. The usual why didn't they go to the police line. duck off the lot of em. Sorry for my language but it's made me so angry.
I've had to come off there too! Some that I would expect to be more rational, are now defending him!😠

Reactions: 3
My job involves working with victims of sexual violence and it's ghastly to see the rate of convictions, even where they've had evidence, because the courts need it to be 'beyond reasonable doubt'. And it's so hard to get evidence when the evidence of intent only exists in the assailant's head.

But even when there is evidence, that evidence is not always admissable in court. I've heard from rape victims who have had their rapist phone them and literally admit what they did and that they knew it was wrong/nonconsensual, then beg them not to get them sent down for it... but the confession is considered inadmissible in court because he didn't know it was being recorded/it wasn't recorded by the police/etc so it came down to a Not Guilty verdict 🙃 Same goes for screenshots - not admissable, so if you don't have the same phone/app data from when it happened, it can't be submitted as evidence. To do that, they have to download your entire phone data - but I've also had cases involving years of violent abuse fully collapse because the police found one flirty message at the start of the relationship (prior to the physical/sexual assaults) so CPS decided it'd undermine the whole case, meaning they just dropped all the charges instead of taking it to court 🙃

The system bleeping sucks. But even if you can't prove it legally, you can and absolutely should shame those who think that any predatory behaviour is okay.
Maybe you can't legally say he's a rapist but you sure can call Russell Brand a bleeping creep for free ✌
Absolutely agree. The criminal justice system is a fuckkng joke. It archaic, all about money, and controlled by men. My sister got stalked and harassed to the point she was terrified to leave the house. She was advised by the police to take it to court for a non mol order against him, before they even considered any of her evidence (which was damming for him) they decided that because the relationship only lasted 11 months (not including the stalking/harassment after) that it wasn’t a “significant duration” and threw it straight out. She ended up having to move from her home & practically start her life again.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
To stand by and offer public support to Russel Brand before seeing evidence is as good as saying the women are lying. You cannot be on both sides with rape.
Is that why Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis are getting cancelled? You can ‘support’ someone you’ve known/loved for a long time while also condemning their behaviour and believing the victims. I don’t think any of us know how we’d behave if it was someone close to us who was accused of these crimes. Would I absolutely bin them off forever more, I just don’t know

• Sick
Reactions: 9
For a while I absolutely believed Amber Heard and all my teenage years of adoring Johnny Depp went down the toilet as I truly believed that because she had accused him of battering her, that it must be true. Women are told to believe women no matter what.

Im going to keep an open mind this time, watch the programme and see how it all plays out.
That is an understanble view to take to be even handed but this article and documentary is not just one person's account. It is an examination of a pattern of behaviour over a long period of time. There arebtesrimonies from women alongside reports from institutions that helped them in the immediate aftermath.
This is not a gang of lawyers trying to sway a jury. I think this is a big wedge of information laid out to je seen and as others have said, combed through for anything that is unsupported.
If RV feels so achieved then I wld urge him to consult a solicitor and bring proceedings against the times and channel 4. That's what the law is there for

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.