Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we all wish that was how crimes like this went, I think you just need to look at conviction rates to understand why some victims choose not to though :(
This argument leads to its logical conclusion- we need to reform the justice system rather than pursue career- (and potentially life) ending media pile ons (when sometimes people might actually not be guilty of what they’re accused of) for some kind of ‘justice.’ Deeply concerning was one of the women even mentioned the fact he now looks like a happy family man and that shouldn’t be allowed! 🤯

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
There are countless instances of people being judged by the public before going to court for non sex related crimes so I'm not sure why people get so defensive when it comes to sexual assault.

We do it to suspected murderers, violent attackers, fraudsters... the list goes on.

But I never see people so concerned about the judicial process until it comes to rape.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This is a joke. So little cases of rape and abuse are actually prosecuted. This was likely the absolute best way for anyone to get justice or raise awareness. I was horrendously sexually assaulted and the police couldn’t even be bothered to find him. There’s so many stories I know similar for other women. How privileged to think a police report leads to the correct result.
And I guess the stats will only get less and less as long as victims go the media instead of the police to report such incidents.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The trial by media I'm very torn on. The media can be a way of presenting some sort of justice when people can't get it elsewhere. But at the same time it's a dangerous precedent to set. It can become like the Facebook pedalo hunters.

It's also very fickle, the accused can become the victim in the blink of an eye.

Its not helped that the media is now as trusted as politicians. So people don't automatically believe these things.

• Heart
And I guess the stats will only get less and less as long as victims go the media instead of the police to report such incidents.
Obviously going to the media is only suitable in cases of celebrities or public figures. Perhaps it is the best deterrent for these awful men to think twice before they end up in a documentary.

The World knew he was a walking hormone. He’s just been cancelled as of today, finished.

Unfortunate that these complaints are raised decades later and go straight to TV ruining his career, personal life and any potential future case against him. (If there was one, can’t see it myself)

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Since he runs all his own output, can he be cancelled? He’s not beholden to any MSM broadcasters anymore. I guess his agent could drop him…
He can be cancelled by certain organisations like Facebook and YouTube.

But there's alternative versions for all of these and this may galvanise more support. So no he can't really be cancelled in today's world - Russia today is still only a couple of clicks away.

Reactions: 7
thedispatches doc was weak… these women all got involved with a well known sex addict , who was crude in his language and comedy!! Did they actually think off stage this man was anything other than what they saw?
Crude and selfish!! He writes about his sexual behavior in his book! He laughed about it .. admitted he was disgusting towards women..
Victim blaming isn’t a good look.

Nobody asks to be SA, nobody puts themselves in a position to be SA, nobody expects to be SA. SA happens because someone is a vile deviant. It was also claimed he was highly manipulative so nothing is as black and white as you would like to think.

If these allegations are true the problem isn’t with the women involved, the problem is 100% the responsibility of the perpetrator, RB.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
The women who have taken part in this will not believe this will end in criminal charges. I imagine they have been told very clearly how unlikely that is, even if the police took an interest, it would be incredibly difficult to secure a conviction.

They have gone years and years knowing he will not face criminal charges, I imagine they’ve accepted that reality and that this, public exposure for what he is, is a consolidation prize to seeing proper legal justice.

Anyone just spouting the “just go to the police” line are at best naive and at worst utterly void of any critical thought

• Heart
Reactions: 65
The thing is, people defending him keep saying career ruining accusations etc. As if that is in any way true? He will continue to make his youtube videos and continue his career. Go look at the comments on his youtube video. He will be 100% fine. This will do nothing, just like going to the police would do nothing.

He has set it up very well so when these accusations came out he could push his narrative of the mainstream media coming out to get him. He knows his audience.

You're defending someone who doesn't need defending.

Reactions: 25
This argument leads to its logical conclusion- we need to reform the justice system rather than pursue career- (and potentially life) ending media pile ons (when sometimes people might actually not be guilty of what they’re accused of) for some kind of ‘justice.’ Deeply concerning was one of the women even mentioned the fact he now looks like a happy family man and that shouldn’t be allowed! 🤯
This wasn’t a media pile on, it was a thorough investigation because all other avenues had been impossible.

Reactions: 23
I think some people seem to forget this will have been through lawyers at the times, Channel 4 and with Brands lawyers. If they didn't have rock solid evidence then this would not have gone to air. Brand has been very litigious in the past and got away with other exposes and had them shut down due to the legal process.

No print media or broadcaster can just go on air and spout anything they like about someone. This will have had hours of legal time pouring over every little details. They will have checked evidence timelines, they will have seen all the texts, WhatsApp chats, photos, etc.......... I would be surprised if parts of the programme weren't pulled on the lawyers request and that's why they have been editing it right up to the print/air time.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Instead of asking why the media is exposing this information maybe ask why the media is seen as more trustworthy/effective than the police and courts?

If anyone or thing is deserving of criticism, it's the police and judicial system for not making sexual assault victims feel like they can go to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
He has literally thousands of subscribers to his YouTube channel (why?!) … if he got cancelled- and advertisers refused to be featured- that would hurt him the most. Take away his oxygen and his income stream. He‘ll actually make a fortune from this - he’ll get so many new subscribers ffs

Reactions: 3
You're defending someone who doesn't need defending.
Not defending the person, but defending the principle of having your name in tatters overnight on a prime time expose being accused of heinous crimes without anything formal against you. Anyone who supports this needs to have a long hard look in the mirror. I know we all love a bit of entertainment and goss but this path we are going down is wrong. We can’t just say someone is something because we said so.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Does anyone know why Bob Geldof called RB a "bleep" at the award show all those years ago?
I had forgotten about this. I can’t remember if there was ever an explanation about it. When the camera went back got Russell after the comment, it was interesting to see he had lost the usual cocky look on his face

Anyone worried about his career being damaged will be happy to know he played a sold out gig at Wembley arena tonight 😵💫

Bloody cancel culture /s

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.