Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He comes across as complete self absorbed prick. I was disappointed a couple years ago at Fearne Cottons Happy Place festival when she had him on. Kind of lost my respect for Fearne at that, but wasn’t sure why. Couldn’t put my finger on it.
I’m not sure Fearne Cotton is an especially good judge of male character (i.e. Ian Watkins)

• Wow
Reactions: 60
How much did the bosses at CH4 know when he was their darling, trying to get ahead of the curve maybe?

Reactions: 11
That is an understanble view to take to be even handed but this article and documentary is not just one person's account. It is an examination of a pattern of behaviour over a long period of time. There arebtesrimonies from women alongside reports from institutions that helped them in the immediate aftermath.
This is not a gang of lawyers trying to sway a jury. I think this is a big wedge of information laid out to je seen and as others have said, combed through for anything that is unsupported.
If RV feels so achieved then I wld urge him to consult a solicitor and bring proceedings against the times and channel 4. That's what the law is there for
What I worry a bit about is whether evidence can be used in court if it’s all been in the public domain beforehand- could it be spun as creating ‘unfair’ prejudice or something?

Reactions: 8
It's worth noting too that sex crime allegations are dependent on victims coming forward, something which is very difficult to do and some people are never able to.

Accusations also need to be practically airtight because most of the time it's one person's word against another so you need supporting evidence to back it up.

It does take time.

Reactions: 14
What I worry a bit about is whether evidence can be used in court if it’s all been in the public domain beforehand- could it be spun as creating ‘unfair’ prejudice or something?
It would hardly be brought to court now? I may be naieve but if they wanted to, they would have. I envisage alot of women coming forward after this tho.

Why is this coming out now though?
Because there’s no time limit for victims of abuse!

You don’t know how long these women took to even accept that it happened to them, never mind the fact he’s a celebrity and the whole world will be listening and judging them when they do speak!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This part about the 16 year old is making me feel sick, can't begin to imagine what those in that position go through.
I can hardly listen to it.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
It's been ten years!
Other comedians are saying he's had plenty of people in court for 'reasons' connected to this. I suspect we'll hear more now this is out. It's easy to keep an individual quiet but not so easy once a programme like this validates their experiences and they know they're one of many. Why does it matter? A rape doesn't become less of a crime because he gets away with it for years.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Trying to get my head round this. I need to have a read up and watch the Dispatches programme but can't say I'm surprised. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is why the police haven't been involved so off.to do some reading to catch up. Never liked this bloke since that phone call to I think Andrew Sachs granddaughter a lot of years ago.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.