Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's innocent then isnt he. If the evidence couldnt convince a court then that is literally that. You dont get convicted just because some one says so, or you have flimsy evidence.
Well if we're going to split hairs, there's no "innocent" ruling, only guilty or not guilty. So no, he's not "innocent".

And courts are a means to punish someone of a suspected crime, not necessarily the only way society determines whether they did something or not.

If I slapped someone in the presence of others, I wouldn't need to be taken to court for it to be true. The word of the person I slapped and the people who saw would be enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
If no one's allowed to consider him guilty without a trial then similarly no one should proclaim his innocence.
Are you even British?? Have you never heard of Innocent until proven guilty? He doesnt have to prove anything, the burden of proof isnt on him its on the accuser! Jesus wept the nutters on this board are just a bunch of screaming harridans!!

Are you even British?? Have you never heard of Innocent until proven guilty? He doesnt have to prove anything, the burden of proof isnt on him its on the accuser! Jesus wept the nutters on this board are just a bunch of screaming harridans!!
you have to be a man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
The story about 16 year old girl is similar to a lot of stories I have heard about including girls younger than that. I remember hearing a story about him luring 2 very young teenage fans who had turned up to book launch to his hotel room. Vile predator, I hope he gets his comeuppance. He obviously adopted this womaniser persona to provide a smokescreen to hide his very problematic behaviour.
Yeah. Hiding in plain sight. Just like Saville.

Wasn’t Brand particularly sneering of the 1970s predators? If these accusations are true. Of which I have no idea. Then he is the thing he hated most.

Does anyone believe he actually “chose” to stop being cast by Hollywood? I think they heard the rumours, after this he was ….. between starring roles by mutual consent.

Reactions: 16
Are you even British? It isn't even Innocent until proven guilty.

Also we aren't in a jury, you are stating(half incorrectly) legal jargon. We are the public, this isn't a trial.

Do you think Jimmy Saville is Innocent too then?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A lot of these girls/ladies won’t have been believed and will have then just kept it to themselves.
Double assault.
There will be a lot more than have spoken out and I hope that the people who disbelieved them realise how it would have made them feel.
I once said something on social media that had happened to me that was true about a ‘national treasure’ and got shot down in flames.
I hope all predators famous or not get their due and that all victims get some peace.
I put something on twitter and the police came round to check on me. I was so surprised.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
you are a bleep😗

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
The Lucy Letby trial had no hard evidence, it was basically all circumstantial. And yet she was (rightfully) found guilty. If enough women come forward it will become very hard for him to maintain his innocence.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
He's innocent then isnt he. If the evidence couldnt convince a court then that is literally that. You dont get convicted just because some one says so, or you have flimsy evidence.
Oh wow. It usually takes me ages to spot you lot. Is there an ignore the goblin button?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Even if he was innocent, I don’t think you can excuse him having sex with a 16 year old at 32 when he’s a celebrity and has an obvious power imbalance. Just because something is legal doesn’t mean it’s morally right.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
He isn’t gonna shag you mate. Not consensually anyways. Grow up.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
And accusing someone of rape doesn't usually end up in a payday for the victim... unless the person being accused isn't sure of their "innocence" and feels paying their accusers off is better than being scrutinised in court.

Most people who aren't guilty would welcome a trial actually! It might be a scary process but they'd rather be proven than have questions over their head.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Just watching channel 4 news and clips of the doc. 100%agree with whoever here said he is appealing to his conspiracy theorists about rhe "mainstream media". I never found him funny but seeing clips of his "comedy" just ties in with what the women are claiming, hiding in plain sight is very much what it seems to be
Kirsty Gallagher's insta account seems to have taken down the story she shared from his account protesting his innocence.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I see BBC is being partially blamed for not acting but aren't Channel 4 more to blame? They helped launch his career and received complaints about him but continued to give him work it seems.

Reactions: 15
I see BBC is being partially blamed for not acting but aren't Channel 4 more to blame? They helped launch his career and received complaints about him but continued to give him work it seems.
He did loads of work for Channel 4 beyond Big Brother, Ponderland and a few other things that I can’t remember. I know his radio work mostly with the BBC but yeah, Channel 4 share the blame.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.