Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MissPrint

VIP Member
thedispatches doc was weak… these women all got involved with a well known sex addict , who was crude in his language and comedy!! Did they actually think off stage this man was anything other than what they saw?
Crude and selfish!! He writes about his sexual behavior in his book! He laughed about it .. admitted he was disgusting towards women..
Victim blaming isn’t a good look.

Nobody asks to be SA, nobody puts themselves in a position to be SA, nobody expects to be SA. SA happens because someone is a vile deviant. It was also claimed he was highly manipulative so nothing is as black and white as you would like to think.

If these allegations are true the problem isn’t with the women involved, the problem is 100% the responsibility of the perpetrator, RB.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
It’s hilarious reading back through this thread, how many people are willing to take his side, and people calling it a witch hunt. I used to be a fan, but now it’s clear he’s done some terrible things I can change my mind. You don’t have to defend an abusive manipulative criminal just because you liked his booky wook ten years ago or whatever. When the truth comes out ask yourself what exactly would multiple women have to gain from lying about something so private and painful and why anyone would consider Russell Brand important enough to orchestrate a grand conspiratorial witch hunt against?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
It is so interesting that people on here are going on as if it’s one word against another. It is literally MULTIPLE women with many clips of his behaviour in plain sight and witnesses. God forbid any of your friends, sisters, daughters etc ever end up in court with people as sympathetic towards blatant evidence as this.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Firecrotch69

On regard to his dad and the prostitues - he was underage then, and his Dad forced it on him. His dad was a toxic man and forced his son to lose his virginity at an age that he chose,

I don’t think it counts as Russel being vile it was just another example of him being traumatised as a young kid - which is why his later behaviours were so destructive, particularly in regards to sex.

• Sad
Reactions: 50

Smca53

VIP Member
weren’t even taken seriously in a police station
The police are a massive part of the problem. You can’t be claiming to be completely oblivious to that? You seem to think you’ve got lots of knowledge about this subject, but you also think going to the police is a foolproof solution? 😭

It’s only been 2 years since a police officer raped and murdered a woman in London. And his colleagues were then charged after it was revealed that they had “banter” on WhatsApp about raping and beating females themselves.

but yes go to the police, it’ll solve everything. Truly upstanding citizens there to protect females 🥲

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

monsterinlaw

Today I have learnt that many believe if someone has sex without valid consent, even if force or violence is used, it is only classed as rape WHEN the police are told and a conviction has occurred. Until that point it is valid joke fodder and not even a big deal.
Jeesus christ. I think I've had enough internet today
Also, apparently being a vile misogynist is ok, as long as you✨ own it✨and even mention it in your book!

• Angry
  • Heart

Mrspowell

VIP Member
What percentage of hetero western men are like this (rapey or potentially rapey), do we think? Totally unscientific - I’d love to hear your thoughts. My husband said he thinks it’s approx 30%, and I’d be horrified if I heard what men say when women aren’t there. It’s why he hates hanging out at “men only” type things (stags etc).
Interestingly as I watched this, it brought memories of my own sexual encounters from those times, that are very alike. And it’s only now I am older and the sex narrative has changed that I realise things that happened were wrong. I was raped at 16 but didn’t even realise what happened to me was rape until I was 28.

• Heart

Twinkle6

VIP Member
He's innocent then isnt he. If the evidence couldnt convince a court then that is literally that. You dont get convicted just because some one says so, or you have flimsy evidence.
This isn’t news to some of us btw, there’s been enough kicking around about Brand for a while.
You must be a cult follower of the guy, because you weren’t exactly supportive of Scholfield when it all hit the fan

Reactions: 47

crazycakelady

VIP Member
I’m not sure I will watch tonight I really hope the victims are being supported as someone who took my abuser to court it’s not easy and has impacted my life greatly it’s not a easy thing to do

• Heart

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
Oooh I saw that post on the DM at the time! The person who wrote about knowing him and the real reason behind the split!

And someone else replying too. Was that all covered up? Damn!!

I wouldn't touch Russell with a barge pole. He makes me shudder. I've read a book or two of his and he's literally boned all and sundry, even people you would def not touch, like Jade goody and kate moss, and Lauren harries etc And all manner of prostitutes and he-she's in thailand etc nobody is / was safe! Why would any normal woman find that attractive? he's a walking petri-dish!

There was a girl on another forum yrs ago who said she met Russell at a radio thing and she offered to sleep with him and he agreed and he found a cupboard and they just did the deed and he carried on to the show as if nothing had happened. It was only after she realized he didn't even take her first name! Neither did he use protection. WILD.

• Sick
  • Wow

Farringdon

Working class people aren’t stupid. Most, I’d imagine, are as highly intelligent as RB flatters himself in believing he is.

people are working class because of lack of resources and lack of access to education, effectively being barred from it by class snobbery and societal inequity.

There’s also the fact that many “working class” vocations are actually highly skilled and very valuable. It isn’t because of doctors that the U.K. in general is fit and well as a society - it’s because of bin men and effective sewers (built by the working class) that stops diseases. Prevention is much better than any cure.
I bought a fixer upper house and for all my university education, I needed the expertise of a plethora of trades people, because I was utterly clueless.

If the COVID pandemic hasn’t enlightened RB to the value of “working class”jobs and contributions, from the check out at Tesco and shelf stackers (ensuring we all had access to food), to the taxi drivers transporting those who couldn’t use public transport, to the cleaners keeping our workplaces and social spaces safe .... then nothing ever will. This latest tweet is condescending and patronising.

How this vile individual ever managed to convince others he was a socially conscious, intelligent, role model is beyond me. At best he’s a narcissistic loser, with a knack for using long words.

• Heart

Lolly505

VIP Member
I’m not even a mad fan of Russell but so far I think this is a very weak expose? Using old footage of his self confessed risqué past out of context is a bit low hanging fruit tbh. The piece about him urinating in a bottle.. who cares? Obviously if he forced himself on anyone that is appalling, but have any of these women actually gone to the police? I’m not sure how comfortable I am with this new this new thing of destroying someone’s life publicly through the media when there are courts and a justice system set up for that purpose. A lot of the old footage that they have now used against him was Russel owning who he is and being upfront about his past. It’s a bit unfair and convenient to be used in another context against him
I mean, they've outed him as (allegedly) a groomer and a rapist who was abusing his power and his status for years but has also been silencing those who speak out. And they also shown that the media industry has allowed this to happen by not challenging behaviour that would get most people fired and blacklisted from the industry.

It's called 'In Plain Sight' for a reason. Fact is, there were warning signs of his nature for years and if he hadn't been allowed to keep falling upwards after every disgrace, maybe some of these women's experiences could have been prevented 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 45

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
It amuses me that his followers believe that they are the ultimate critical thinkers, the ones who are 'awake', yet they will blindly follow him and believe any old guff he comes out with. Some might call that being 'sheeple', no? 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 44

plattyjoobs

VIP Member
Sadly the conviction rate for sexual assault and rape is so low and the attitude from police officers and the judicial system is so insensitive that the non legal route feels easier and more effective.

Look at Mason Greenwood. There was actual photographic, text and audio evidence, he went to trial and is a free man today.

It's not as straightforward as telling rape and abuse victims to "just go to the police". Many of them already tried that.
Just to point out that Greenwood didn’t go on trial, the CPS dropped the case as there wasn’t reasonable chance of prosecution - most probably due to him having a baby with his victim.

I btw believe that both both Greenwood and Brand are absolutely guilty and it’s a travesty if they both manage to avoid prison.

• Heart
Reactions: 44