Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can any trial or charges be made to look anything other then prejudiced !

thedispatches doc was weak… these women all got involved with a well known sex addict , who was crude in his language and comedy!! Did they actually think off stage this man was anything other than what they saw?
Crude and selfish!! He writes about his sexual behavior in his book! He laughed about it .. admitted he was disgusting towards women..

the 16Yr old…regretting the relationship with the hindsight of an adult mind!! Yep we have all done that!

picking out women in the audience .. idiot.. staff around him should have stopped that!! But no.. they helped him.. now all feeling shameful…

He’s chaotic and stupid with his behavior .. is he a rapist… I’m yet to be convinced .

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Sending love to any victims of sexual assault, rape & abuse! 🩷 got really upset at a few points tonight but so glad I watched. Brave people speaking out, he’s a creep.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Okay so we can just bypass the judicial system now and go straight to exposing people on social media without giving them any chance of a defence or retort and use any footage we please out of context to back up our claims? Cool! I’m sure you’d be more than cool with this too if this happened to you or a loved one.

Did I say that? Is Russell going to jail now? Wow, I missed a chapter!

Also he had the chance to retort, they gave him weeks. And all he had was his ridiculous youtube video. Meanwhile they have texts of him admitting rape. But go on, keep defending a rapist.

And yes, I would be cool if this happened to someone I loved. If multiple women accused them of what Russell has been accused of, they would be dead to me. Simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is the road we’re going down and people are cheering for it. It’s very dangerous.
It’s so dangerous and damaging. I’m actually still reeling from the fact I watched a career destroying programme about someone who isn’t even facing criminal charges, let alone facing a trial for anything. How did we get here?? So can anyone say anything about anyone now and it’s true? I don’t even give one tit about Russell but I do care about how things are progressing in this regard and how this going. Nobody should be able to make allegations about someone on prime time tv willy nilly. Go to the police first!! There is a reason we have a judicial process so use it instead of waffling on tv fifteen years later

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I see the "Not all men" and "She was asking for it" crowd are working the late shift tonight.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
it was really jarring for me and my husband watching this (as two thirty-somethings now) seeing and remembering how completely different the culture was in the 00s when we were teens, and what was normal and acceptable, versus now.
I think in some ways this should give us some hope. Things have moved on a lot. They’re still not great, but this blatant misogynistic culture and attitudes wasn’t even really questioned back then. It was just lads being lads.

Reactions: 16
I think in some ways this should give us some hope. Things have moved on a lot. They’re still not great, but this blatant misogynistic culture and attitudes wasn’t even really questioned back then. It was just lads being lads.
Yeah, thinking about it it was probably a hangover from lad culture in the 90s that just seeped through into the 00s and then started to turn in the 10s. I know teenagers have their own 2020s issues to contend with, but at least things like that aren't so embedded and normalised anymore!

Reactions: 10
I wonder if he'll be banned from Youtube. If not his cult like following are just going to lap up any other content he puts out on there. There was some hard hitting testimonies and I believe the women of course but it just doesn't feel like it's going to go anywhere.

Reactions: 3
I watched it with an open mind. The perspective of this could be an agenda. The perspective this could all be truth. I think he is a piece of work and has absolutely SA’d, R’d and done numerous horrific things to women.

The people who think this is a conspiracy are narcissists who believe that they are better than everyone else for seeing “a bigger picture” which doesn’t exist.

My thoughts are with the survivors of his abuse. And my energy will forever go into fighting against the cxnts who perpetrate this horrendous behaviour as well as their sympathisers.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Is it worth sending an email to Dispatches begging for David Walliams to be next?

Reactions: 16
I see the "Not all men" and "She was asking for it" crowd are working the late shift tonight.
Not at all. I just believe we have a process there for a reason and it should be used instead of using women’s abuse stories as fodder and whipping on the masses for entertainment purposes, how about following what we are meant to do and reporting it and going about it that way. I do not believe that someone should be crucified in the court of public opinion without any ability to defend themselves with outdated clips used out of context to whip up outrage and paint a picture to support very weak accounts

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Interestingly as I watched this, it brought memories of my own sexual encounters from those times, that are very alike. And it’s only now I am older and the sex narrative has changed that I realise things that happened were wrong. I was raped at 16 but didn’t even realise what happened to me was rape until I was 28.
Yes, I think many women have had similar experiences and have only understood what happened to them, much later.
I'm of an older generation to typical RB fans, and I've always thought he was crude, repulsive and highly inappropriate, even when allowing for how things were "different back then". I also think that this practice of studio staff obtaining audience members' phone numbers to pass onto the celebrity in question, whoever that may be, should be banned by all TV studios and theatres, with immediate effect.

Does anyone know why Bob Geldof called RB a "bleep" at the award show all those years ago?

Reactions: 13
It’s so dangerous and damaging.
So is the fact that 1 in 4 women in the UK are sexually assaulted or raped as an adult.
And less than 2 in 100 raoes recrded by police in 2022 resulted in a charge that same year. Let alone a conviction.

I’m actually still reeling from the fact I watched an career destroying programme about someone who isn’t even facing criminal charges
Diddums. There are millions of women around the world who are reeling from the fact that they were raped by someone who isn’t even facing criminal charges.

Go to the police first!! There is a reason we have a judicial process so use it instead of waffling on tv fifteen years later
Ah yeah, the police are amazing aren't they? None of them have ever raped or murdered a woman, have they? They're known for their sympathetic treatment of women who report rape, aren't they?

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I’ve heard the stories about RG for many years, he’s a vile dirty predator in my opinion, but I’m left feeling that this “outing of him” documentary was quite weak and won’t lead to any form of justice for those who he has abused/raped. This will all be forgotten and swept under the carpet by this time tomorrow 😞

Reactions: 7
It’s so dangerous and damaging. I’m actually still reeling from the fact I watched a career destroying programme about someone who isn’t even facing criminal charges, let alone facing a trial for anything. How did we get here?? So can anyone say anything about anyone now and it’s true? I don’t even give one tit about Russell but I do care about how things are progressing in this regard and how this going. Nobody should be able to make allegations about someone on prime time tv willy nilly. Go to the police first!! There is a reason we have a judicial process so use it instead of waffling on tv fifteen years later
It wasn’t “willy nilly” the people who worked on this investigation researched every single claim so they could back it up.

Reactions: 18
Not at all. I just believe we have a process there for a reason and it should be used instead of using women’s abuse stories as fodder and whipping on the masses for entertainment purposes, how about following what we are meant to do and reporting it and going about it that way. I do not believe that someone should be crucified in the court of public opinion without any ability to defend themselves with outdated clips used out of context to whip up outrage and paint a picture to support very weak accounts
I think we all wish that was how crimes like this went, I think you just need to look at conviction rates to understand why some victims choose not to though :(

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Nope the media is the new vigilante justice and people seem quite happy with this 🤷‍♀️ until one day they won’t be happy with it. But by then we’re already fucked
---
Yeah, thinking about it it was probably a hangover from lad culture in the 90s that just seeped through into the 00s and then started to turn in the 10s. I know teenagers have their own 2020s issues to contend with, but at least things like that aren't so embedded and normalised anymore!
The young people now have so much more self awareness and maturity than we did!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
This is a joke. So little cases of rape and abuse are actually prosecuted. This was likely the absolute best way for anyone to get justice or raise awareness. I was horrendously sexually assaulted and the police couldn’t even be bothered to find him. There’s so many stories I know similar for other women. How privileged to think a police report leads to the correct result.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.