Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nayalove96

VIP Member
Little love arrived at 4:18 weighing 9lbs 8oz! 😂 anyone having a section I can confirm it is a breeze! Spinal didn’t hurt, didn’t feel a thing throughout and I was sat up in bed eating toast and breastfeeding an hour and a half later! Still can’t believe it 🥺 thank you for all your messages ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 49

pink_lemonade

Chatty Member
Baby lemonade made their arrival at 2:34pm this afternoon 09/02/2023, 3 weeks before due date!
No fluid whatsoever around them so was definitely the right thing to do but was born weighting 7lb 15oz so no issues with weight!
and they were a little baby boy which was a surprise 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 43

tarquin16

Chatty Member
Very quick labour, still in shock, little girl born at 06.35 6lb5, I have torn to bits :'(

• Heart
Reactions: 42

fairylights2000

VIP Member
Baby boy arrived this afternoon exactly 3 weeks early, following a several hours in a failed epidural, successful epidural, and finally an emergency C-section this morning. He is just perfect

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Gossipgirl79

Had my baby girl this week at 36 weeks! Totally surprised she was so early but amazing to have her here. Thank you for all the help and advice on this thread! I’ll still be lurking haha 💗💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Lalalaand

VIP Member
Baby boy born by elective section today 🥰❤
a wee chunk at just over 9lb 😂

The whole thing ran so so smoothly, first walking into the theatre is daunting initially as there’s so much going on and quite a lot of people but honestly it was an overall lovely experience! And as mentioned above I chose my own music too.
@Nayalove96 you will be absolutely fine lovely honestly I’m so so glad I decided to do this in the end! You won’t even notice the 10 mins honestly it all happens so quickly and before you know it you’ll have your baby in your arms, Good Luck ❤❤

Still can’t believe I’m a Mummy 😭😭😭😭❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34

pink_lemonade

Chatty Member
Hi, I hope everyone is okay. Just thought I’d post on here in case anyone has this in the future or has had the same thing… We went to my 37 week scan today and was told baby had no fluid around them and the growth has slowed. The doctor advised induction or csection straight after this scan as this could be potentially dangerous. All documents signed and I’m having a C-section in the morning! I’m currently on the ward now after spending the whole day hooked on and off to the monitors and having obs done. My hospital bag wasn’t even packed and today was meant to be my last day of work so I didn’t even get 1 day of Maternity but hey ho, baby lemonade will be here tomorrow ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Married2019

After a failed induction ("failure to progress" after two gel attempts, my waters being manually broken and 7 hours of the drip), baby arrived at 21.55 tonight with a cat 1 emergency section weighing 5 pounds 8 ounces. I'm so in love and in shock my beautiful baby is here and he's ok. Also just having the infamous tea and toast now and it's true when they say it's possibly the best meal of your life 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Nosysamsie

Chatty Member
Hubby felt baby kick for the first time last night. My goodness did I cry like a baby. It was such a special moment because we never thought we'd be lucky enough to have children. It's made it all feel so real now.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Itsallthecheese

Baby cheese arrived today via emergency section after 2 days and nights of long but seemingly pointless induction... We are in love...

Are swaddle bags safe for newborns? She keeps startling herself and waking up

• Heart
Reactions: 28

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Finally got my biopsy results regarding the strange patch on my breast and it’s all clear….they do wanna see me again as it showed some dilated blood vessels but she said likely caused by pregnancy growth or damage to the skin through tight fitting bra. They just wanna check it’s not getting worse!
It’s just the biggest relief, feel like such a weight lifted off my shoulders that’s been there for last few months! Hopefully I can relax and enjoy this last bit of pregnancy now abit more!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

anything at all

VIP Member
Feel so ready to go home as been here since Thursday evening, baby boy was born last night at 8:40 - exactly 37 weeks

A few hours after we’d messaged parents to let them know and father in law instantly tried to call hubby, he cut off the call and said no chance right now, then minutes later FiL made a post on Facebook announcing it to the world .. neither me or my partner had done this we’re not really big on Facebook but yeah we didn’t even have a chance to tell any other close family if we wanted too! Been scared he’d try and come up the hospital too, some people really don’t think and respect your boundaries do they.

Both me and baby are okay, though he had to go for some extra testing at nicu late last night which was scary but they came back fine. Felt mostly like a positive birth just really long though I have nothing to compare it too ! Just will be happy to get home and hopefully sleep for more than 20-30mins 😂 I’d take an hour .. just not been able to get any real sleep in hospital!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Not to leave the end of the thread on a cliff hanger but tonight I had an incredibly vivid dream that I was going into labour, my waters had broke (all over our downstairs loo!) and I was being attended by my aunts.

Woke up for a wee and had bleeding so now we’re on our way to triage 😳😬 maybe that old trust your intuition thing is stronger than we think!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I went in late last night, really glad I did so thank you all for encouraging me!

The midwife was absolutely lovely, she couldn’t find his heartbeat for quite a long time which was scary so further tests needed. He was all good though, just being difficult! My blood pressure was high though, probably because of the stress. At booking, mine was in the yellow on the bottom of the scale but it’s normal for me to have low blood pressure, so it was quite a shock for it then to jump into the yellow at the top!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Married2019

Had my 38 week appointment this morning and baby hasn't grown in the last two weeks. My grandmother died on Monday with the funeral being today so I was allowed leave for the funeral and am about to head back to the hospital now to start the induction process. Absolutely shitting myself now and so many emotions with it all 😔

• Heart

Nayalove96

VIP Member
Booked in for a section for the morning as induction failed! I’m so so nervous 😩 they explained I wouldn’t get to hold him for about 10 minutes which breaks me

• Heart

ScoutFinch

Hi ladies! I’m tentatively dipping my toe into this thread. I’m 6+4 with my first baby. We had IVF to get here so I’m super nervous about everything. We had an early scan today, which showed the embryo measuring bang on for my dates and a nice strong heartbeat. I’m now trying to trust my body to do its job, but the anxiety is real!

• Heart