Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I ate an Easter Egg whilst they broke my waters cos they warned me that after 2hrs I’d have to go on the drip if I didn’t start contracting myself and I’d be NBM. My mum was absolutely horrified in the first place that I was eating it at 7am, even more so when I told her to put it back when she tried to move it away. I wasn’t wasting a second 🫣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Itsallthecheese

Induction day tomorrow at 37+5 all being well.... Feels very surreal at the moment.. that day in June when I got those positive tests at 3+5 feels like a lifetime ago.. so excited to meet her ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Hotel_breakfast

Had my 20 week scan today and baby is all growing well and is a girl! Will be nice to have all the hand me downs from our daughter and we find we like more girls names than boys so we can get thinking properly now. Little girl gang 💓

• Heart

Rdogk24

I feel like this thread has turned a bit nasty and self righteous. Someone jumped on WeHadFunRight for a comment she made in passing about school strikes and being worried about childcare and now she hasn’t posted since and I actually really appreciated her advice :(

• Sad
  • Heart
I feel like this thread has turned a bit nasty and self righteous. Someone jumped on WeHadFunRight for a comment she made in passing about school strikes and being worried about childcare and now she hasn’t posted since and I actually really appreciated her advice :(
I agree. Calling someone out is one thing, but with the comment today the OP apologised for offending and it wasn’t dropped. Let’s try keep it a supportive place for everyone, and if a comment offends just remind the OP what the thread is for and move on

xoxo GG

VIP Member
Rant incoming 🫠

I’m 35 weeks this week and my bump is big FYI

had to get the bloody bus today to work, got the 8am one, which was heaving! Seats taken, everyone stood up even at the front by the driver so I got on, stood up right at the front which wasn’t great, I don’t care about not having a seat obviously I would of preferred to sit down but don’t expect everyone to rise for me. Well a bigger lady got on after me, huffing and puffing cos of the bus, driver told her that she needs to move down past me cos she would be blocking his view. More huffing and puffing with her stuff, I moved to the side cos she was looking to get past me, it was a tight squeeze so she goes ‘make room for a big one’and I snapped and said ‘well I’m pregnant so I can’t move MY stomach’ whilst looking down at hers, she didn’t say a thing but her face changed to 😦 expression and she shuffled past 🫠
I feel like a right bitch but HORMONES and if I could take my bump off to let her through then I would of.

came into work, all my stuff had been moved from my desk, my laptop wouldn’t work and then I had to go to the bathroom to cry to release my frustration 😩
I don’t know if I’ll be going into the office for much longer and after the faff of going from 3 days to 2, I might just go on mat leave cos it’s too stressful
Why didn’t you just move to where she was able to stand instead of embarrassing her unnecessarily like that? 🫣 she probably already felt like the spotlight was on her with the driver saying she was going to be blocking his view, inside I bet the poor woman was absolutely dying yet tried to make light of it whilst she’s trying to squeeze past you 😐

Reactions: 18

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Met my consultant today and she was so rude, grumpy and condescending :( I am sure I must have had her last time too - she made a couple of patronising, sarcastic comments during my last pregnancy that really stayed with me. I had some questions to ask today, but her attitude was so off putting I couldn't bring myself to ask them. Once I'd realised it was her again and remembered the other horrible remarks she made last time it seemed pointless to ask anything and get another sarcastic, unhelpful reply. I find pregnancy so stressful after years of infertility and treatment and miscarriages, I hate these appointment at the best of times and horrible doctors like her just make it so much worse 😢

No point to my post, sorry, just feeling fed up now! I have to go back for a rescan in a couple of weeks because baby wasn't playing ball either! Probably sensed the negative energy emanating from the consulting room and was trying to hide :LOL:

• Heart
  • Sad

Gossipgirl79

Let me be a lesson to you girls….PACK YOUR BAGS! I’m 36 weeks today, went for a routine appointment, turns out my waters HAVE been dribbling for days and they want to start my induction tomorrow. I’m running around now throwing things in bags because I naively thought I had 4 weeks.

• Heart

LucysOpenCupboard

Rant incoming 🫠

had to get the bloody bus today to work, got the 8am one, which was heaving! Seats taken, everyone stood up even at the front by the driver so I got on, stood up right at the front which wasn’t great, I don’t care about not having a seat obviously I would of preferred to sit down but don’t expect everyone to rise for me. Well a bigger lady got on after me, huffing and puffing cos of the bus, driver told her that she needs to move down past me cos she would be blocking his view. More huffing and puffing with her stuff, I moved to the side cos she was looking to get past me, it was a tight squeeze so she goes ‘make room for a big one’and I snapped and said ‘well I’m pregnant so I can’t move MY stomach’ whilst looking down at hers, she didn’t say a thing but her face changed to  expression and she shuffled past 🫠

I feel like a right bitch but HORMONES and if I could take my bump off to let her through then I would of.

came into work, all my stuff had been moved from my desk, my laptop wouldn’t work and then I had to go to the bathroom to cry to release my frustration 

I don’t know if I’ll be going into the office for much longer and after the faff of going from 3 days to 2, I might just go on mat leave cos it’s too stressful

Being pregnant doesn't give you the right to fat shame someone just because you pissed on your cornflakes when you woke up.
Hormones aren't an excuse.
The world doesn't stop turning just because you're pregnant. You're out of line with that comment and not only offended the lady on the bus but offended many others.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

PeterPanFan

Hello everyone! I am very excited and hopefully not going to jinx things by coming to this thread! We have been TTC for pretty much a year now. I'm 37, this (if all goes well), will be my first pregnancy ever.

I tested yesterday and today so literally only 4 weeks pregnant so aware anything can happen at this stage. Just looking for some advice going forward if possible? Is there a thread for complete beginners or anyone at the same stage?

I am excited but completely panicking after going down holes of doom and gloom Googling things. I haven't even told my OH yet - barely seen each other due to work schedules so going to tell him tomorrow when we are both off 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 17

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
Hi everyone! Found out I’m pregnant today and so happy and so anxious. It’s really early days like I can’t be more than a couple of weeks along. This was our first month TTC so we’re both a bit overwhelmed that it’s happened so quickly.

It’s a close family member’s wedding in the summer and I’m chief bridesmaid and we’re supposed to be bridesmaid shopping this Saturday so I have to tell her before then but feel so bad as I don’t want to steal their thunder, they only got engaged last month!

I’m the first person in my generation of my family to be having a baby and my friendship group is like 3 people and none of them have kids/are pregnant yet either so feeling a lil bit alone right now! My husband was awesome when I told him today - also anxious - but he’s checked what exercise is good and best foods and has said he’ll do all that with me which is lovely. But yeah just feeling a bit lonely right now and still hasn’t really sunk in.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
Looking through Lucy’s open cupboards previous messages, they only started commenting on this thread a couple of weeks ago and most comments have been pretty rough, as are their comments on other parenting threads.. going out of their way twice to comment on Nayloves abs in both this thread and the new mum thread.. telling another parents to pipe down and to stop bragging.. that’s not the sort of person I’d be wanting advice from on this thread.
Hopefully we can move on from the snarky comments made over the past few days and get back to the normal supportive thread that it is :)

OIM

Love staring down the barrel of teacher strikes and my due date coinciding, been thinking it will be fun enough to get someone to look after her for the hours outside of school let alone the full day 😂 hopefully childminder can oblige. F*ckssake.

[insert obligatory I support strikes yada yada]
Sorry you do know schools aren’t childcare facilities?

• Heart
  • Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
I think the previous poster meant that someone saying you can definitely drink water would be duff advice given that some trusts say you can't even clean your teeth - i.e. that we all need to check with our own trusts about medical tests/procedures etc, not that you were giving duff advice 🙂

Things have all got a bit heated and confusing in here over the past few days, but I hope everyone's well and that all the little bubbas are healthy 😊
If you're going to ask for advice though, in a forum full of people with different experiences, you're going to get different answers.
And if you're silly enough to believe what others say on the Internet and not ask for yourself when receiving mixed answers then that isn't "duff advice" that's your own issue. .

As far as some people are aware, you can drink water because that's what they experienced, they don't know others don't allow it.

And frankly, calling anyone's advice "duff" when people are trying to help, is just down right rude.

• Heart

Nosysamsie

Chatty Member
Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with family members shoving their ideals about raising a child on to you?
I've got my brother in law telling me to make sure that his parents get to babysit and have baby overnight (he has kids but they never stay at their grandparents), my in laws nagging about getting the nursery finished & telling me I need to make sure I breastfeed & I need to avoid a c-section & folk saying I need to be ready for the guests straight after I'm out of hospital coz they'll be coming round.

I'm 28 weeks & already wondering if I can disappear after I give birth to somewhere remote 🤦‍♀️.

Starting to feel like when you get pregnant your opinions, feelings & choices are irrelevant.

Sorry for the rant, just do not know where else to turn without causing drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I’ve seen duff advice from regular posters on here, particularly over the last few days, especially when advice differs from trust to trust and you get people saying things like “you can drink water on your GD test”, which someone then subsequently said they weren’t even supposed to brush their teeth.
it was me said I wasn’t allowed to brush my teeth. That’s not “duff advice” it was the rules of my health and social care trust. It isn’t our fault trusts differ, obviously everyone should check with their own, but it’s just rude to them call that “duff advice”

What’s the advice thread for if no advice?

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Rant incoming 🫠

had to get the bloody bus today to work, got the 8am one, which was heaving! Seats taken, everyone stood up even at the front by the driver so I got on, stood up right at the front which wasn’t great, I don’t care about not having a seat obviously I would of preferred to sit down but don’t expect everyone to rise for me. Well a bigger lady got on after me, huffing and puffing cos of the bus, driver told her that she needs to move down past me cos she would be blocking his view. More huffing and puffing with her stuff, I moved to the side cos she was looking to get past me, it was a tight squeeze so she goes ‘make room for a big one’and I snapped and said ‘well I’m pregnant so I can’t move MY stomach’ whilst looking down at hers, she didn’t say a thing but her face changed to 😦 expression and she shuffled past 🫠

came into work, all my stuff had been moved from my desk, my laptop wouldn’t work and then I had to go to the bathroom to cry to release my frustration 😩
It sounds like she was just making a joke and is probably thinking about your comment all day now

• Heart

Rdogk24

Hey everyone, hope you’re all hanging in there ❤
anxiety seems to be constant for me at the moment (and tears). I’m 30 weeks now and all I do is catastrophize every little thing. I’m also kind of focusing on strange things that pale in comparison to having a baby, I.e random small town gossip, falling out with people I don’t really care about, peoples opinions of me, how I’m coming across while being hormonal and self centred. Anyone else experienced this? Not sure if it’s my brain focusing on stupid little things to distract from the stress of having a little human. Also I lost a family member last week and so did baby’s dad so this is taking a toll. Sending love to anyone else struggling as this feels lonely and really hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 13