Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it gets triggered if you're within 4 weeks of your planned maternity leave start date, not the due date (although double check your own company's policy as it may differ from the standard advice) - but hopefully it won't be close to triggering your mat leave at this stage 🙂
it says on citizens advise website within four weeks of your due date, no mention of expected maternity leave date

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Congrats Nayalove and fairylights!! 🥰

The ball has been great for backpain so far and only had it two days so definitely recommend! Business manager was trying to say to me today “be careful with being signed off HR might trigger your maternity leave now.” I’m 27 weeks ! I explain to him no they can’t unless it’s within4 weeks of my due date but he wouldn’t listen 🙄
You are correct.
They can't unless it's 4 weeks before your due date!

Reactions: 1
it says on citizens advise website within four weeks of your due date, no mention of expected maternity leave date
Oh sorry!! You're absolutely right - sorry, I've been reading so many policies about various things that my brain is completely fried!

@Ro98 I think I also gave you some duff advice about when maternity leave will be triggered, sorry! Hopefully you ignored me and found proper advice about it 😅

I guess baby brain has finally hit 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had my 38 week appointment this morning and baby hasn't grown in the last two weeks. My grandmother died on Monday with the funeral being today so I was allowed leave for the funeral and am about to head back to the hospital now to start the induction process. Absolutely shitting myself now and so many emotions with it all 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Had my 38 week appointment this morning and baby hasn't grown in the last two weeks. My grandmother died on Monday with the funeral being today so I was allowed leave for the funeral and am about to head back to the hospital now to start the induction process. Absolutely shitting myself now and so many emotions with it all 😔
I’m so sorry about your grandma. I hope everything goes smoothly ❤

so sorry to hear that ❤
Your emotions must be all over the place 😞😘

Oh sorry!! You're absolutely right - sorry, I've been reading so many policies about various things that my brain is completely fried!

@Ro98 I think I also gave you some duff advice about when maternity leave will be triggered, sorry! Hopefully you ignored me and found proper advice about it 😅

I guess baby brain has finally hit 🥴
No worries, the baby brain is real here too 😂

Sending love and good wishes ❤

Reactions: 1
Guys pls help I’ve become so obsessed with cleaning I can’t stop thinking about it. I dream about it and constantly watch tiktoks of people cleaning their sinks. Every time I clean or do the washing up I can’t bring myself to stop. Is this nesting? I’m only 26 weeks but the urges are crazy and I’ve always hated cleaning, never been a tidy person. I can’t sit still I just want to clean 24/7😂🫣

Thanks everyone. First gel was inserted about a hour ago so it's just a waiting game now I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks everyone. First gel was inserted about a hour ago so it's just a waiting game now I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️
I only needed one gel for my induction on Sunday, was 4cm dilated twelve hours later and active labour was only three hours. Dreaded the experience but it was completely different to what I expected, fingers crossed everything runs smoothly for you

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I only needed one gel for my induction on Sunday, was 4cm dilated twelve hours later and active labour was only three hours. Dreaded the experience but it was completely different to what I expected, fingers crossed everything runs smoothly for you
That actually makes me feel a bit more hopeful, thank you ❤ hopefully I have a similar type experience to you in that sense and congratulations on your new arrival! I'm quite anxious about the whole experience because I just don't know what to expect so any positive stories are hugely appreciated.

Has anyone dreaded telling people they are pregnant? I’m pretty much the last out of my family and friends to have a baby and some of them have had negative experiences and I’m just dreading the negative opinions and comments! Makes me feel anxious, I’m enjoying being in my positive bubble at the moment but can’t hide it forever..

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Had the worst back pain last night - but only in my lower right side. Slightly radiating round to my right front but not moving at all. That was fun 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone dreaded telling people they are pregnant? I’m pretty much the last out of my family and friends to have a baby and some of them have had negative experiences and I’m just dreading the negative opinions and comments! Makes me feel anxious, I’m enjoying being in my positive bubble at the moment but can’t hide it forever..
I didn’t really enjoy telling people, I don’t like being the centre of attention and feel really awkward about stuff so kind of kept it to myself as long as I could 🙈 Also not having a baby shower much to the disgust of my friends, I honestly can’t think of anything worse!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Blah. My sister has organised a baby shower for me and maybe I’m hormonal and over emotional but my family are moaning or saying they’re not coming because it’s not “local enough”. It’s 3 miles away, a 13 minute drive according to Google. My sister is organising and coming from over an hour away.
I’ve even offered those who don’t drive a lift home. Silence. So I sent a message yesterday evening that I get quite hurt that it was being treated as an inconvenience. What I really wanted to say in my moment of rage was if you cba coming to the baby shower don’t bother coming around when babies here, but I realise I was being extra and dramatic and refrained 😂. Nobody has even bothered to reply to the message.

I just feel like I’ve been the family member always running around visiting people, arranging get togethers and phoning everyone all the time and nobody can be arsed to make the 13 minute journey for this, it bloody hurts.
Sorry for the long post 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Blah. My sister has organised a baby shower for me and maybe I’m hormonal and over emotional but my family are moaning or saying they’re not coming because it’s not “local enough”. It’s 3 miles away, a 13 minute drive according to Google. My sister is organising and coming from over an hour away.
I’ve even offered those who don’t drive a lift home. Silence. So I sent a message yesterday evening that I get quite hurt that it was being treated as an inconvenience. What I really wanted to say in my moment of rage was if you cba coming to the baby shower don’t bother coming around when babies here, but I realise I was being extra and dramatic and refrained 😂. Nobody has even bothered to reply to the message.

I just feel like I’ve been the family member always running around visiting people, arranging get togethers and phoning everyone all the time and nobody can be arsed to make the 13 minute journey for this, it bloody hurts.
I’m sorry but your family sound like absolute arseholes who aren’t worth your worry! I live 100 miles or more away from all my friends and family (except two or three couples we’ve met down here) and whilst hardly any of them are coming it’s more because they can’t get time off work etc.

Tbh I think you’d be justified in sending that message too but I can be a bit nuclear at times 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I didn’t really enjoy telling people, I don’t like being the centre of attention and feel really awkward about stuff so kind of kept it to myself as long as I could 🙈 Also not having a baby shower much to the disgust of my friends, I honestly can’t think of anything worse!
Omg I’m also not having a baby shower and it really baffles people. I’m like here’s my address just send me gifts please 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My boss is away today to Head office and is telling everyone there on my behalf I'm pregnant lol, she knows I hate being the centre of attention and it makes me so awkward so I'm so glad she's doing it for me.

I'm not having a baby shower either and have been quite clear on that to my friends since I told them I was pregnant. I told them if they really want to do something I'm happy to go for a low-key dinner but I really don't want a big fuss at all x

That’s horrible of your family, 13min drive!! And the fact no one has responded to your other message either I’d not bother with them once baby is born. May sound dramatic but they don’t care now or respect your feelings so why should you care?
Sending love as I also feel left out at times with family especially when I put a lot of effort into others lives & celebrations.
Take a back seat from them and I hope you can soak up all the baby fun at your baby shower with those who really care 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I would say 13 mins is pretty local! What arseholes.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.