Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For any of you who have already had a baby, how close were your instincts on when they’d be born?
From day one, I’ve just had a feeling our baby will be early. I know it doesn’t follow a pattern, but both me and my partner were two-three weeks early, and baby has been measuring big so far.

I’m a bridesmaid at a wedding in the summer (baby should be about 2 months old by this point) but the hen party is in May. We don’t have an exact date yet other than ‘some time in May’ but that’ll make me 35-39 weeks pregnant. It’s a good couple of hours train ride away and while it’s a casual event, I’m a bit weary being that far away from home while super pregnant.

Reactions: 1
For any of you who have already had a baby, how close were your instincts on when they’d be born?
From day one, I’ve just had a feeling our baby will be early. I know it doesn’t follow a pattern, but both me and my partner were two-three weeks early, and baby has been measuring big so far.

I’m a bridesmaid at a wedding in the summer (baby should be about 2 months old by this point) but the hen party is in May. We don’t have an exact date yet other than ‘some time in May’ but that’ll make me 35-39 weeks pregnant. It’s a good couple of hours train ride away and while it’s a casual event, I’m a bit weary being that far away from home while super pregnant.
I'd be wary of that too! I was a bridesmaid when my last baby was 4 weeks old, then again at about 12 weeks old, but I avoided the pre-wedding stuff (it was similar, both 3ish hours away). I thought my first would be late but was actually born almost 5 weeks early which made me nervous for the second one showing up unannounced! I also had a lot of hospital visits in those final weeks (esp with the second) that I hadn't anticipated and needed to go in frequently for monitoring. Could you wait it out and see how you feel at the time? You might feel okay and up to it, it's so hard to predict. I can't imagine anyone would mind you sitting it out given how pregnant you'll be either?!!

Reactions: 5

I said all my babies would be early
1 - 15 days late
2 - 14 days late
3 - 39+3 because he was breech
4 - 7 days late

I went on my best friend’s hen do an hours train journey away at 38 weeks pregnant. I just stayed for a couple of hours, made sure I had my maternity notes and then came back home once they started getting a bit raucous.

Im the same, have a wedding about six weeks after he’s due and my friend keeps asking me if I’ll be there. It’s three hours away, OH isn’t invited and no kids, so I’ve said probably not tbh as he’ll only be a month and a bit old, I plan on breastfeeding. I got a “can’t you just express?” Message back. Yeah in a perfect world I could, but you just dunno about supply, what if I have to get a section etc. also emotionally I just don’t feel like I’ll be ready ti be leaving him
A whole weekend! people who haven’t had or been around kids seem to think they just fly out and everything falls into place perfectly eh 😂.

Reactions: 6

I am the same my friends hen do who I am a bridesmaid for is 4 weeks after I’m due and a few think I will be able to go as ‘you’ve given birth then just express if you need too’. I’ve said I’m not going but they keep pushing so I’ve said I see how I feel at the time but not making any promises. Can you say you will just see how it’s going and how you feel at the time? I’m sure you can say your not supposed to travel that far away if you would rather not go
The real challenge for me will be fitting into the bridesmaid dress 3 months after giving birth 🤣🙈

Reactions: 2
Im the same, have a wedding about six weeks after he’s due and my friend keeps asking me if I’ll be there. It’s three hours away, OH isn’t invited and no kids, so I’ve said probably not tbh as he’ll only be a month and a bit old, I plan on breastfeeding. I got a “can’t you just express?” Message back. Yeah in a perfect world I could, but you just dunno about supply, what if I have to get a section etc. also emotionally I just don’t feel like I’ll be ready ti be leaving him
A whole weekend! people who haven’t had or been around kids seem to think they just fly out and everything falls into place perfectly eh 😂.
I breastfed both my other kids and was sooo lucky to have had a pretty easy time of it. There is absolutely no way I could have expressed enough milk at 6 weeks (actually I could never have expressed enough ever despite exclusively breastfeeding 🤷‍♀️ ) to go out for the day, never mind a whole weekend. You're so right, it's really hard to imagine having a newborn until you've actually had one! I was a bridesmaid when my baby was 4 and 12 weeks and it was a palaver trying to breastfeed around everything but I managed it (just🤪). If you want to breastfeed you're still establishing your supply in the early weeks and you're both still learning how to do it etc. I think your friend is being a bit optimistic expecting a friend at her wedding without her newborn baby! xx

• Heart
I’ve read a lot of people say nappies can be very personal to your baby and you need to find a brand that works for you - totally understand,
However I would like to try bulk buy our first lot so we don’t have to worry too much about it for the first few weeks ideally - does anyone have any recommendations that they’ve generally found ok? Or will it not matter too much in those early days? It’s hard to try and be prepared when there are so many variables 😫

I’ve read a lot of people say nappies can be very personal to your baby and you need to find a brand that works for you - totally understand,
However I would like to try bulk buy our first lot so we don’t have to worry too much about it for the first few weeks ideally - does anyone have any recommendations that they’ve generally found ok? Or will it not matter too much in those early days? It’s hard to try and be prepared when there are so many variables 😫
I know you want to bulk buy, but I honestly wouldn’t. What has worked on some of my children hasn’t worked on others, due to leaks/not fitting right etc. I will recommend the Aldi premium ones, but I now others swear by Sainsburys. It is a case of what works for the baby

After a growth scan at around 35 weeks both me and hubby thought baby may arrive on the earlier side maybe around 37-38 weeks max, though I changed my mind a week later and thought he’d be an awkward baby and be late (I think it cause I was feeling a little fed up of being pregnant)
..then my waters broke at 36+5 and he was born at 37ws exactly

So we were sort of correct but doesn’t always work that way :)

I’m not sure I would’ve gone if it were me, but if you can let them know nearer the time if you can attend that might be a better option?

I’m almost 34 weeks (first baby so only going off how I feel!) and I’m not venturing more than 45 mins away from home now in the car. That’s only because of how I feel, and tbh no way am I up for going on a train anymore.

My sister is getting married in July and there’s no kids or babies and I’m a bit nervous about being away from my 3/4 month old baby for a few hours :(

Reactions: 4
Tesco are offering club card specials on their pampers atm. I think we picked up 160 (?) size ones for £21 which we thought was reasonable, but probs not looking to bulk-buy any more than that. As others have said, they may not work perfectly for your baby but at least means for the first week or two we can just relax and not stress about popping out to the supermarket! 😂

Anyone else suffering with eczema flair ups? Bloody miserable atm with my hands and under my boobs.

Sainsburys newborn stage nappies are 92p a pack atm (they were doing an aldi price match deal) so I picked up a couple bags but didn’t want to get loads and find they are rubbish 😅

Tesco are offering club card specials on their pampers atm. I think we picked up 160 (?) size ones for £21 which we thought was reasonable, but probs not looking to bulk-buy any more than that. As others have said, they may not work perfectly for your baby but at least means for the first week or two we can just relax and not stress about popping out to the supermarket! 😂

Anyone else suffering with eczema flair ups? Bloody miserable atm with my hands and under my boobs.
Ooh thank you, I’ll go take a look! Yes i don’t want to bulk buy months and months worth, I just don’t know how I’m going to feel and don’t want to have to worry about running out - of course I have my husband/family who would happily grab some but I just don’t want to even have to think about it 😂
Sainsburys newborn stage nappies are 92p a pack atm (they were doing an aldi price match deal) so I picked up a couple bags but didn’t want to get loads and find they are rubbish 😅
Thank you!!! Yes it’s a hard one isn’t it. Want enough of a supply that we’re sorted for a few weeks but not so much that it’s wasteful. Although I’m sure I could donate them somewhere if they don’t work for us

I’m almost 34 weeks (first baby so only going off how I feel!) and I’m not venturing more than 45 mins away from home now in the car. That’s only because of how I feel, and tbh no way am I up for going on a train anymore.

My sister is getting married in July and there’s no kids or babies and I’m a bit nervous about being away from my 3/4 month old baby for a few hours :(
I was exactly the same! It’s just whatever you’re comfortable with :)

Was terrified my waters would go in the middle of Tesco or something. Amazingly I was at home when they started leaking and it was never ending 😂 highly recommend having bed mats/puppy pads ready for the car, your bed maybe sofa lol

Reactions: 4
I’ve said no to a friends wedding when my baby will be 3 months old because judging what my first was like, I won’t be able to leave this one longer than 2 hours until he’s 10 months old 😂 it’s also a ‘no kids’ wedding and abroad, and she’s still fallen out with me about it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Hi ladies! I’m tentatively dipping my toe into this thread. I’m 6+4 with my first baby. We had IVF to get here so I’m super nervous about everything. We had an early scan today, which showed the embryo measuring bang on for my dates and a nice strong heartbeat. I’m now trying to trust my body to do its job, but the anxiety is real!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hi everyone. Just after some advice please. I was suffering with pain in my belly (to the right side of bump, probably level with my belly button and a hit lower but towards my side). I contacted my midwife and they told me to go in and they checked baby’s heartbeat, my cervix etc to make sure it was closed, done bloods which came back OK and they seemed satisfied it was nothing to worry about. I was just advised the usual paracetamol and rest to help ease pains.
I’ve tried and paracetamol and rest which hasn’t done anything for the past 4 days now.. it can get quite painful and I’m only 25 weeks on my first. I’m just wondering if anyone has experienced similar at this stage of their pregnancy and if they found anything which could be of help to ease things? I’m wondering if it’s how I sleep at night maybe which is adding pressure. If I sit or lie down for longer periods I just lock up and it can be quite painful and uncomfortable (especially when trying to turn over in the night or getting up for the toilet!!)

• Heart
I don't know why we decided it would be a good idea to move home when 30 weeks pregnant but my god I am in bits today. Feel like I need a weeks holiday in a spa to recover (I wish 😭). I'm currently sat surrounded by boxes, bags, suitcases and tit tons of baby stuff but too exhausted to do anything with it all 😅
If anyone in their first or second trimester is thinking about moving house don't leave it until your 3rd trimester to do it! 🙈
---

Hi everyone. Just after some advice please. I was suffering with pain in my belly (to the right side of bump, probably level with my belly button and a hit lower but towards my side). I contacted my midwife and they told me to go in and they checked baby’s heartbeat, my cervix etc to make sure it was closed, done bloods which came back OK and they seemed satisfied it was nothing to worry about. I was just advised the usual paracetamol and rest to help ease pains.
I’ve tried and paracetamol and rest which hasn’t done anything for the past 4 days now.. it can get quite painful and I’m only 25 weeks on my first. I’m just wondering if anyone has experienced similar at this stage of their pregnancy and if they found anything which could be of help to ease things? I’m wondering if it’s how I sleep at night maybe which is adding pressure. If I sit or lie down for longer periods I just lock up and it can be quite painful and uncomfortable (especially when trying to turn over in the night or getting up for the toilet!!)
I had pain in a similar place around 23-27wks (not consistently) which my midwife put down to stretching? Although yours sounds more painful! Have you tried one of those warm in a microwave teddies? They don't get hot just nice & warm but helped with my back pain, or a warm bath? Maybe some gentle pregnancy stretches could help too? Sorry just throwing out things that have helped me with various front & back pains!

Last edited:
I don't know why we decided it would be a good idea to move home when 30 weeks pregnant but my god I am in bits today. Feel like I need a weeks holiday in a spa to recover (I wish 😭). I'm currently sat surrounded by boxes, bags, suitcases and tit tons of baby stuff but too exhausted to do anything with it all 😅
If anyone in their first or second trimester is thinking about moving house don't leave it until your 3rd trimester to do it! 🙈
---

I had pain in a similar place around 23-27wks (not consistently) which my midwife put down to stretching? Although yours sounds more painful! Have you tried one of those warm in a microwave teddies? They don't get hot just nice & warm but helped with my back pain, or a warm bath? Maybe some gentle pregnancy stretches could help too? Sorry just throwing out things that have helped me with various front & back pains!
Thanks for the tips! I’ll definitely give anything a try at this point so any suggestion is so welcome! 🤣 hope the unpacking is being kind to you! It’s a rubbish enough task to do when not pregnant so take it easy!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.