Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love staring down the barrel of teacher strikes and my due date coinciding, been thinking it will be fun enough to get someone to look after her for the hours outside of school let alone the full day 😂 hopefully childminder can oblige. F*ckssake.

[insert obligatory I support strikes yada yada]

Reactions: 3
Haven’t heard anything back from my GTT. She said no news is good news, but just wondering how long it took others to hear back?

Love staring down the barrel of teacher strikes and my due date coinciding, been thinking it will be fun enough to get someone to look after her for the hours outside of school let alone the full day 😂 hopefully childminder can oblige. F*ckssake.

[insert obligatory I support strikes yada yada]
Sorry you do know schools aren’t childcare facilities?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Haven’t heard anything back from my GTT. She said no news is good news, but just wondering how long it took others to hear back?
I got a call to tell me exactly 48 hours later. Was your test on Friday? Do they count the weekends? Hopefully it’s been long enough for you to not receive the call 🤞🏻

Booked in for a section for the morning as induction failed! I’m so so nervous 😩 they explained I wouldn’t get to hold him for about 10 minutes which breaks me
So sorry to hear it's not going as you planned lovely!

If it makes you feel any better my friend had an elective c section and they were able to choose the music the baby was born to, so she chose her favourite lovely Disney song making the moment even more beautiful for them and made me cry when she told me. And ten minutes in a life time is just a tiny tiny moment really x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I just want to add to this, that whilst KIT days are paid, they may not be paid at the same rate you normally earn. I’m nhs so can only comment on how I get paid, but just check your maternity policy before you sign up for too many!
Thanks, I'm NHS as well - been told I can do 10 and even if I only come in for a couple of hours to do some e-learning or training (we've got a few new systems launching in summer, glad I'm missing that absolute guaranteed trainwreck first hand!) then I get paid the whole day?

Reactions: 1
Thanks, I'm NHS as well - been told I can do 10 and even if I only come in for a couple of hours to do some e-learning or training (we've got a few new systems launching in summer, glad I'm missing that absolute guaranteed trainwreck first hand!) then I get paid the whole day?
You get paid a daily rate - which is your annual base salary divided by 365. Which is nowhere near what I’d normally earn for doing a whole shift. It works out good if you only go in for an hour for e-learning, but not good if you decide to stay for a whole shift for clinical practice

Last edited:
I got a call to tell me exactly 48 hours later. Was your test on Friday? Do they count the weekends? Hopefully it’s been long enough for you to not receive the call 🤞🏻
She said they included Saturday (which surprised me) so I am hoping that’s me in the clear! 🙏

So sorry to hear it's not going as you planned lovely!

If it makes you feel any better my friend had an elective c section and they were able to choose the music the baby was born to, so she chose her favourite lovely Disney song making the moment even more beautiful for them and made me cry when she told me. And ten minutes in a life time is just a tiny tiny moment really x
Why did this make me cry Jesus 😂

Let me be a lesson to you girls….PACK YOUR BAGS! I’m 36 weeks today, went for a routine appointment, turns out my waters HAVE been dribbling for days and they want to start my induction tomorrow. I’m running around now throwing things in bags because I naively thought I had 4 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Let me be a lesson to you girls….PACK YOUR BAGS! I’m 36 weeks today, went for a routine appointment, turns out my waters HAVE been dribbling for days and they want to start my induction tomorrow. I’m running around now throwing things in bags because I naively thought I had 4 weeks.
Can't second this enough!!

Good luck to all of those being induced or having sections! It will be so worth it having your little baba in your arms 🥰

this is a silly question but I don’t have a clue. There’s choices between essential spring cot mattresses and premium dual core mattresses of course the premium is double the price of the spring! I’m just wondering if anyone has had either and which would be more recommended? I think when it’s your first you can overthink things like mattresses and I want to make the right choice so baby is comfortable 😂

This happened to me, I hadn’t even painted the nursery 😂
dont stress too much about your bag though, people can drop things off for you once you’ve been admitted etc.
best of luck!!

• Heart
This happened to me, I hadn’t even painted the nursery 😂
dont stress too much about your bag though, people can drop things off for you once you’ve been admitted etc.
best of luck!!
I took apart a perfectly good snuzpod to clean it, a few hours later my waters broke at 36+4 🤦‍♀️ do not be like me!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I took apart a perfectly good snuzpod to clean it, a few hours later my waters broke at 36+4 🤦‍♀️ do not be like me!
Ahhh nooo, I put mine up 2 days before! I was in total denial of it all 😂 it all works out in the end though 💁🏼‍♀️
How’re you getting on?

Ahhh nooo, I put mine up 2 days before! I was in total denial of it all 😂 it all works out in the end though 💁🏼‍♀️
How’re you getting on?
I'm waiting for a space in the labour ward so we can start the induction process as I haven't progressed much since waters breaking (I thought I was having quite a few contractions but it turns out a lot of them are gas 😬)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Baby boy born by elective section today 🥰❤
a wee chunk at just over 9lb 😂

The whole thing ran so so smoothly, first walking into the theatre is daunting initially as there’s so much going on and quite a lot of people but honestly it was an overall lovely experience! And as mentioned above I chose my own music too.
@Nayalove96 you will be absolutely fine lovely honestly I’m so so glad I decided to do this in the end! You won’t even notice the 10 mins honestly it all happens so quickly and before you know it you’ll have your baby in your arms, Good Luck ❤❤

Still can’t believe I’m a Mummy 😭😭😭😭❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Good luck to all of those being induced or having sections! It will be so worth it having your little baba in your arms 🥰

this is a silly question but I don’t have a clue. There’s choices between essential spring cot mattresses and premium dual core mattresses of course the premium is double the price of the spring! I’m just wondering if anyone has had either and which would be more recommended? I think when it’s your first you can overthink things like mattresses and I want to make the right choice so baby is comfortable 😂
Not a clue to this in terms of the actual answer but we went for the most expensive - literal words from my husband ‘I cannot put a price on sleep’
😂😂 xx

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not a clue to this in terms of the actual answer but we went for the most expensive - literal words from my husband ‘I cannot put a price on sleep’
😂😂 xx
Thank you for the response!

yes that is very true for a lot of us 😂 think I will bite the bullet with the premium one then!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.