Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm quite a placid person but I've just snapped at my OH. We've got our second NCT class tomorrow and it's about baby care etc. So they've asked us to send in anything specific on the whatsapp group that we want to know. We do not have a bath. We only have a shower and very little room for a baby bath to go. So I've asked about how you shower a baby/what you do if you don't have a bath.

He on the other hand, has decided to google "Bathroom refit services" and "how much space does a bath take".

We've paid £240 quid for this course, the lady can answer my bloody question and he can get on with the DIY jobs he needs to do like sorting out our outside office so our inside office can move and become the babies room!

Annnnnd breathe....
One of the shnuggle baths doesn’t take up loads of room. Keep it in your shower when not in use. Our baby bath had a hook on it and we hung it inside the shower when not showering, and just popped it elsewhere when we did for 10 mins.

Reactions: 1
I’m almost 17 weeks now and I’ve been wake most the night as I’m absolutely bunged up with a cold at the moment and find it hard to sleep at night but on the plus side I’m laying here all quiet and can feel very small twitches in my pelvis and I’m wondering if I am finally feeling baby moving about a bit 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My baby's second bath was in a shnuggle bath in front of our fire 😊his first was in a washing up bowl in my parents shower tray!
they don't know any different at this stage x

Reactions: 2
I'm quite a placid person but I've just snapped at my OH. We've got our second NCT class tomorrow and it's about baby care etc. So they've asked us to send in anything specific on the whatsapp group that we want to know. We do not have a bath. We only have a shower and very little room for a baby bath to go. So I've asked about how you shower a baby/what you do if you don't have a bath.

He on the other hand, has decided to google "Bathroom refit services" and "how much space does a bath take".

We've paid £240 quid for this course, the lady can answer my bloody question and he can get on with the DIY jobs he needs to do like sorting out our outside office so our inside office can move and become the babies room!

Annnnnd breathe....
I used a little free standing one until my eldest was 1 - she loved it even though we actually had a proper bath in the bathroom :ROFLMAO: You can get little inflatable baby baths that work well and a really quick to blow up that would work the same but then you could fold it away rather than having the freestanding one out taking up space. They are v cheap too so you could always try it for a couple of weeks and see how you get on! They only need a quick swoosh around when they are little. My babies all bloody hated baths, it was literally dunk, swoosh, get the little screamer out ASAP😅

• Heart
Finally got my biopsy results regarding the strange patch on my breast and it’s all clear….they do wanna see me again as it showed some dilated blood vessels but she said likely caused by pregnancy growth or damage to the skin through tight fitting bra. They just wanna check it’s not getting worse!
It’s just the biggest relief, feel like such a weight lifted off my shoulders that’s been there for last few months! Hopefully I can relax and enjoy this last bit of pregnancy now abit more!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My consultant has booked me in for induction I've never been induced before she said to expect a phone call to tell me a time will that be on the date given or before?x

My consultant has booked me in for induction I've never been induced before she said to expect a phone call to tell me a time will that be on the date given or before?x
In my experience,
It'll be on the date given.
Because it may not be on that day as emergencies ect are out ahead. So if the delivery suite is full, you will be pushed back.
I got pushed back nearly 3 days this time and ended up going in at 7pm, 2 days later

Really sorry if I’m being stupid, but I can’t see the button for the wiki, how do I find it? 🫣 Wanted to see the hospital bag list again.

Really sorry if I’m being stupid, but I can’t see the button for the wiki, how do I find it? 🫣 Wanted to see the hospital bag list again.
I don’t know where it has disappeared to, that’s weird?

My original list is here:

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Thank you just had a read of this and super helpful. Worried I am going to need a full suitcase with the advice I’ve been give from some mums I know mainly around taking snacks 🤣

• Heart
The Wikis still there it’s just not linked to the threads annoyingly but you can find it by clicking the drop down menu at the top of the forum and there is a category where you find all the Wikis

OMG slightly off topic but I asked a pregnancy-related question on mums net earlier (never really looked at the website before) WOW people are brutal on there! I can't believe anyone complains about Tattle lol. Do people just lurk there for the sole purpose of being nasty?! I'm so confused why anyone would dare to ask a question there anymore unless they are in the mood for an argument 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 9
OMG slightly off topic but I asked a pregnancy-related question on mums net earlier (never really looked at the website before) WOW people are brutal on there! I can't believe anyone complains about Tattle lol. Do people just lurk there for the sole purpose of being nasty?! I'm so confused why anyone would dare to ask a question there anymore unless they are in the mood for an argument 😫
I don’t post at all, but mumsnet is one of those “guilty pleasure” reading with a cup of tea websites. They’re insane (mostly) on there - don’t take it to heart.

Reactions: 4
Feel free to ask here instead 😂

Depends where you ask really, the AIBU is a hellpit of bitchiness, but the pregnancy boards I've found pretty decent. I joined a due date month thread about 5 years ago and it spawned a Facebook group that's still going strong and is very supportive!

I don't think I've posted on the Pregnancy threads before, so hi! I'm about halfway through my pregnancy and having my first wobble about feeling unprepared/ wondering when I should buy things/ research things. As it stands I've bought a few small bits and pieces and I've got a list of what we need to have before baby arrives.... also booked some antenatal classes for a couple of months time. What has everyone else been doing to prepare at this stage!? It feels like I should be doing more somehow. I don't have another midwife appointment until 25 weeks and I imagine things will go very quickly after that. Everyone had these moments of panic, right!?
Hey @Tom_Nook I recognise you from another thread I visit on here and I also have never posted here! - I have just been enjoying reading everyone else's thoughts and discussions :) I have been feeling the same way through most of my pregnancy, it feels like the internet and people around you say you need everything and nothing all at the same time if that makes sense? It's hard to know where to start. I have been trying to add things slowly every week even if it is something small like a pack of nappies.

• Heart
Hey @Tom_Nook I recognise you from another thread I visit on here and I also have never posted here! - I have just been enjoying reading everyone else's thoughts and discussions :) I have been feeling the same way through most of my pregnancy, it feels like the internet and people around you say you need everything and nothing all at the same time if that makes sense? It's hard to know where to start. I have been trying to add things slowly every week even if it is something small like a pack of nappies.
Yeah exactly! 'Babies don't need much but here's my list of essentials worth thousands of pounds!'. I've been buying random bits and pieces when I see them (sterilising tablets, top to toe wash, nappies) and also started looking for second hand clothes. I figure if it turns out that we desperately need something then we can just go out and buy it and that's the worst case scenario

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.