Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spoken to them. They’ve recommended the usual cold/sweet drink and lie down. Said I could come in tonight but would be a long wait and I’d be better contacting the community midwives first thing.
If you're still not feeling any difference soon, I'd call them again though. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: 4
I had a C-section because my baby was breech, aside from the expected nervousness around it being major surgery, it wasn't a "bad" experience at all. I'd say to definitely think about what's important to you, like you have done, and be confident in expressing this on the day. I had the same midwife with me from being admitted, through the C-section and in recovery too which really helped. If your partner is squeamish they can advise him when to look away I'm sure! Will you consider an ECV if baby is breech and doesn't turn naturally?
I think I’d rather a planned C section than an ECV, as I’ve read ECVs can be very uncomfortable and are 50/50 as to whether it’ll work! Plus I have to admit that having a scheduled time and date for the birth would be nice, especially when sorting childcare for my eldest! 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think I’d rather a planned C section than an ECV, as I’ve read ECVs can be very uncomfortable and are 50/50 as to whether it’ll work! Plus I have to admit that having a scheduled time and date for the birth would be nice, especially when sorting childcare for my eldest! 😅
I felt the same way. The consultant I saw was quite keen to go down the ECV route but respected my decision ultimately. Good luck for tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If you're still not feeling any difference soon, I'd call them again though. Better safe than sorry.
Second this. Waiting till morning is a hell of long wait if you are feeling nothing at all. Don't take no for an answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Second this. Waiting till morning is a hell of long wait if you are feeling nothing at all. Don't take no for an answer.
My partner is convinced he can feel something from the outside, but surely if he’s feeling it from the outside, I should be able to feel it inside?

My partner is convinced he can feel something from the outside, but surely if he’s feeling it from the outside, I should be able to feel it inside?
Have you tried a fizzy drink, as that helps with my little lady? If you’re worried call again- mine were really good when I went in although there wasn’t a wait, they just took me straight through. Tell them how concerned you are and it doesn’t feel right and you would like to come in (if that’s how you feel).

• Heart
Is he feeling your breathing? Mine keeps doing that. "Oh I felt that!" Did you duck mate, the wee things asleep!

I would try the side lying, sugary food and cold water combo and if that doesn't get a response by say, 10pm call back again.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can you put your hand where he’s putting his hand? I’d be very surprised if he could feel something externally that you couldn’t feel internally to be honest!

If he could feel it, you would. I agree with others, try the tricks and if nothing in a while and you are still concerned, give them a call and head over.

Today I got emotional with my hubby because I couldn’t get a seat in a cafe for a hot chocolate. Pregnancy is funnnn! 😂😂

#lighteningthemood

ETA: I have my glucose testing next week - can we drink water, or is it a total fast?
I cried at an advert for bedding on TikTok because it had Christmas music and I was sad Christmas went by so fast 🫣😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I went in late last night, really glad I did so thank you all for encouraging me!

The midwife was absolutely lovely, she couldn’t find his heartbeat for quite a long time which was scary so further tests needed. He was all good though, just being difficult! My blood pressure was high though, probably because of the stress. At booking, mine was in the yellow on the bottom of the scale but it’s normal for me to have low blood pressure, so it was quite a shock for it then to jump into the yellow at the top!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I went in late last night, really glad I did so thank you all for encouraging me!

The midwife was absolutely lovely, she couldn’t find his heartbeat for quite a long time which was scary so further tests needed. He was all good though, just being difficult! My blood pressure was high though, probably because of the stress. At booking, mine was in the yellow on the bottom of the scale but it’s normal for me to have low blood pressure, so it was quite a shock for it then to jump into the yellow at the top!
Glad you went in and set your mind at rest 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 1
No one told me how dull the last few days before maternity leave are 😭 I’m dyinnnng here, there’s no point doing anything (interviews for my replacement aren’t until February and then it’ll be at least another 4 months before they’re in post if they appoint anyone) and all my referrals have dried up 😭

I’ve got my whooping cough vaccine today. I’m guessing most people on this thread have had it and it was ok with no concerns?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.