Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's probably been covered a millions times but at what point should I worry about reduced moments.
I've woken up with a really bad cough and my asthma feels like its flared up and sat realised I haven't felt baby properly since I went to bed last night.
Normally she's kicking up a storm all morning until I start my day.
Trying not to panic coz I feel under the weather but it's my first baby and this uncertainty is so unnerving
I’d call, better to go in & be reassured than not. I worried for a whole day before and wanted to slap myself waiting in triage in tears in case he wasn’t ok, thank god he was but the midwife very sternly told me “you’re not wasting our time, we want to see you if you’re worried and come straight in next time!” So I’d 100% go x
---

Me again, the boring pain in the arse :LOL:
Does anyone know if I’m still entitled to SMP if I claim SSP during the qualifying weeks? As it’s £99 a week and I think it’s £123 you’re expected to earn so I’m not sure where I stand.
On another note without always asking for help with all my issues, has anyone else’s pelvic floor let them down yet?:LOL: I thought mine was fine but I just sneezed and…
I think you have to be earning above SSP to get SMP, but you may still get SMA? But would mean you lose the first 6 weeks at 90%, have you checked that out? It’s the reason I clung on at work until 25 weeks

Reactions: 2
It's probably been covered a millions times but at what point should I worry about reduced moments.
I've woken up with a really bad cough and my asthma feels like its flared up and sat realised I haven't felt baby properly since I went to bed last night.
Trying not to panic coz I feel under the weather but it's my first baby and this uncertainty is so unnerving
Please ring

Has the fatigue returned in the third trimester for anyone else? I went swimming and swear it wiped me out for two days. I get up, have breakfast then need a nap 😩
34 +4 today and I am absolutely shattered today. I don’t know how people work up until 37/38 weeks 😬 I haven’t even done much these last few days, Sunday lazed around a lot, Monday went for a (2 mile, slow) walk and yesterday just went to see a friend!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has the fatigue returned in the third trimester for anyone else? I went swimming and swear it wiped me out for two days. I get up, have breakfast then need a nap 😩
I had like a 3 day respite at about 5 months and that’s it 😭 yesterday I drove 50 mins for a meeting and got there and honestly just wanted to nap, then got home and couldn’t move off the sofa :( the fatigue has been awful, I’m the same in terms of naps and I’m 32+6

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Had this last week, please ring just even to set your own mind at rest x

• Heart
Me again, the boring pain in the arse :LOL:
Does anyone know if I’m still entitled to SMP if I claim SSP during the qualifying weeks? As it’s £99 a week and I think it’s £123 you’re expected to earn so I’m not sure where I stand.
On another note without always asking for help with all my issues, has anyone else’s pelvic floor let them down yet?:LOL: I thought mine was fine but I just sneezed and…
In my experience, I think it depends on your other weeks, I think they're added together and divided. So if your other weeks average it out, then it's fine.

I'm not 100% on that though

Thank you both, I’ll see if I can do a calculation online. Seems a waste hanging on in a job I hate if I’ll need maternity allowance in the end!

I don't think I've posted on the Pregnancy threads before, so hi! I'm about halfway through my pregnancy and having my first wobble about feeling unprepared/ wondering when I should buy things/ research things. As it stands I've bought a few small bits and pieces and I've got a list of what we need to have before baby arrives.... also booked some antenatal classes for a couple of months time. What has everyone else been doing to prepare at this stage!? It feels like I should be doing more somehow. I don't have another midwife appointment until 25 weeks and I imagine things will go very quickly after that. Everyone had these moments of panic, right!?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't think I've posted on the Pregnancy threads before, so hi! I'm about halfway through my pregnancy and having my first wobble about feeling unprepared/ wondering when I should buy things/ research things. As it stands I've bought a few small bits and pieces and I've got a list of what we need to have before baby arrives.... also booked some antenatal classes for a couple of months time. What has everyone else been doing to prepare at this stage!? It feels like I should be doing more somehow. I don't have another midwife appointment until 25 weeks and I imagine things will go very quickly after that. Everyone had these moments of panic, right!?
Hello, and congratulations! Yes, I'm pretty sure the panic is universal! I hadn't had the panic for most of my pregnancy and knew roughly when I'd start researching things/buying things so felt quite calm....but then I had two weeks off sick right when I was in the swing of things, and now I'm suddenly at 29 weeks and have barely done anything 😂😬 I saw my midwife today and she was very reassuring about having lots of time to get sorted, and a lot of my friends with children have said the same - gradually do research, gradually buy the essentials, and it'll all fall into place 🙂 everyone's different - some people buy loads of stuff and get it set up ASAP, others wait until later and top up with things once baby is here. Keep going with your lists and you'll be fine!

• Heart
Hi, I hope everyone is okay. Just thought I’d post on here in case anyone has this in the future or has had the same thing… We went to my 37 week scan today and was told baby had no fluid around them and the growth has slowed. The doctor advised induction or csection straight after this scan as this could be potentially dangerous. All documents signed and I’m having a C-section in the morning! I’m currently on the ward now after spending the whole day hooked on and off to the monitors and having obs done. My hospital bag wasn’t even packed and today was meant to be my last day of work so I didn’t even get 1 day of Maternity but hey ho, baby lemonade will be here tomorrow ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hi, I hope everyone is okay. Just thought I’d post on here in case anyone has this in the future or has had the same thing… We went to my 37 week scan today and was told baby had no fluid around them and the growth has slowed. The doctor advised induction or csection straight after this scan as this could be potentially dangerous. All documents signed and I’m having a C-section in the morning! I’m currently on the ward now after spending the whole day hooked on and off to the monitors and having obs done. My hospital bag wasn’t even packed and today was meant to be my last day of work so I didn’t even get 1 day of Maternity but hey ho, baby lemonade will be here tomorrow ❤
I hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow and you can get some rest tonight 🙏 Had you noticed any leaking? Must be such a shock but you’re in the best hands ❤

• Heart
Gosh, best of luck to you, get lots of rest, tomorrow you’ll be having cuddles with your baby! Sending you lots of love.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow and you can get some rest tonight 🙏 Had you noticed any leaking? Must be such a shock but you’re in the best hands ❤
yeah it’s been a bit scary at times but I strangely feel really calm now I know what the plan is! No, I should have mentioned that they checked to see whether my waters had broke and they hadn’t, it’s just my placenta had pretty much stopped working so there was really small amount left. Pretty scary to think what could have happened if I hadnt of had my scan today!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Baby cheese arrived today via emergency section after 2 days and nights of long but seemingly pointless induction... We are in love...

Are swaddle bags safe for newborns? She keeps startling herself and waking up

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Baby cheese arrived today via emergency section after 2 days and nights of long but seemingly pointless induction... We are in love...

Congratulations!!

I actually was going to ask similar… I know that swaddling is definitely safe. I have packed a swaddle bag for hospital too..

9CDB41DC-1E74-4737-BE6F-91477401EC76.jpeg

Double check the weight as some swaddles are for a higher weight & not really suited for a fresh newborn. If baby isn't at the correct weight limit yet you can swaddle with a cellular blanket, just have a look on YouTube how to swaddle safely with a blanket to protect their hips.
Also check out the love to dream swaddle bags, they're suitable from 6lb

Reactions: 4
it only took me 12 weeks pp to get back on the pregnancy thread again! i missed everyone on here, but definitely have no intentions of getting pregnant anytime soon, so will just be lurking here and there

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.