Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone. I’m new to this thread (well - I’ve been reading it since finding out I was pregnant but this is my first comment!)
I’m 21 weeks today - I haven’t had morning sickness for the last 2 weeks but this morning it had come back… can someone confirm if it’s normal it can randomly happen again (sorry if this is a silly question - I just don’t want to Google it because it’s all doom and gloom usually!!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone. I’m new to this thread (well - I’ve been reading it since finding out I was pregnant but this is my first comment!)
I’m 21 weeks today - I haven’t had morning sickness for the last 2 weeks but this morning it had come back… can someone confirm if it’s normal it can randomly happen again (sorry if this is a silly question - I just don’t want to Google it because it’s all doom and gloom usually!!!)
If you pop back to the last thread, I'm pretty sure there were a couple of people who have had the same 😊

Reactions: 1
Yes mine has returned at times in each of my pregnancies x

Oh this is so confusing 😢 and so stressful.
So I can’t take unpaid leave or be off sick in the next 4 weeks?
Do you have a link? I can only find that SMP is based on your earnings between 18-26 weeks 😣
Edited to add what I’ve read in case it’s from a different website
Sorry can I jump on this, so is your SMP worked out from only 2 months of earnings, the 2 months prior to your qualifying week?
I’ve been losing sleep over this as I have 2 jobs but the second jobs is flexible earnings, I’ve recently (in the last year) picked up more and was worried I wouldn’t qualify for any SMP but if this is how it’s worked out I think I will (just!)

Look on Vinted - I've had some bargains on there!
Can also vouch for Vinted, I managed to get 2 pairs of maternity jeans, maternity leggings and a dress for £10 😳

Sorry can I jump on this, so is your SMP worked out from only 2 months of earnings, the 2 months prior to your qualifying week?
I’ve been losing sleep over this as I have 2 jobs but the second jobs is flexible earnings, I’ve recently (in the last year) picked up more and was worried I wouldn’t qualify for any SMP but if this is how it’s worked out I think I will (just!)

Can also vouch for Vinted, I managed to get 2 pairs of maternity jeans, maternity leggings and a dress for £10 😳
You can complete this online questionnaire to find out what you'll be entitled to 🙂 https://www.gov.uk/maternity-paternity-pay-leave

It seems that way, yes.
Your mat pay is based on your pay over 8 weeks leading up to 25 weeks pregnant.
Providing you've been in the job over 26 weeks (before you hit 25 weeks)

Yeah that’s correct - the weeks that count are weeks 18-26 (but basically the 25th week up until week 26, not the 26th week itself).

Seems crazy if anyone has had time off in that time unpaid but still worked for 10+ years that they won’t get their full SMP!

Been signed off with my back and told to self refer to physio (again - still haven’t heard back from the last time I called!) Looking online for things to help and wondering if anyone has found a birthing ball any good for aches and pains? I’ve got sciatica but also a horrible pain in my spine. The only time it’s alleviated is when I’m in certain stretches or have a hot water bottle pressed against it.

Feel free to go back over older threads but yeah I’ve been sick on and off since I found out, I was sick all the way through until 23 weeks, then it stopped on and off but I feel like it’s back, I felt horrible yesterday morning and today, apparently it’s the surge of hormones, yay 🙄

• Heart
I’m 22 weeks and had really bad morning sickness but it has eased a lot but I still randomly get re appearance maybe once a week or every 10 days I will throw up a meal no idea why! And in the mornings I can still feel quite sick, I would mention it to the midwife if your worried mine just said for some it stays and can be triggered if your tried, hungry, unwell etc

Feel like I'm playing pregnant bingo over here. Got low PAPP-A, low iron, ICP and now protein in urine so send off for more tests and back for another blood test later in the week. Hashtag miserable!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Little love arrived at 4:18 weighing 9lbs 8oz! 😂 anyone having a section I can confirm it is a breeze! Spinal didn’t hurt, didn’t feel a thing throughout and I was sat up in bed eating toast and breastfeeding an hour and a half later! Still can’t believe it 🥺 thank you for all your messages ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Been signed off with my back and told to self refer to physio (again - still haven’t heard back from the last time I called!) Looking online for things to help and wondering if anyone has found a birthing ball any good for aches and pains? I’ve got sciatica but also a horrible pain in my spine. The only time it’s alleviated is when I’m in certain stretches or have a hot water bottle pressed against it.
I find the ball great for sciatica, there are some good exercise online to use it with.

Little love arrived at 4:18 weighing 9lbs 8oz!  anyone having a section I can confirm it is a breeze! Spinal didn’t hurt, didn’t feel a thing throughout and I was sat up in bed eating toast and breastfeeding an hour and a half later! Still can’t believe it  thank you for all your messages 

Of course it was a breeze with your abs of steel🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Little love arrived at 4:18 weighing 9lbs 8oz! 😂 anyone having a section I can confirm it is a breeze! Spinal didn’t hurt, didn’t feel a thing throughout and I was sat up in bed eating toast and breastfeeding an hour and a half later! Still can’t believe it 🥺 thank you for all your messages ❤❤
Congratulations hope all is ok x
Don’t speak to soon though, c sections are far from a breeze it’s major surgery!

Reactions: 7
I picked up some curaheat non-medicated heat patches today and they’ve worked wonders for my sciatica. Also nice to be kept warm on cold days 😂

I’ve been awake since 5am and need to get up for work in less than an hour :( I’ve got two huge meetings this morning too. Already knackered and emotional. Trying not to wish my pregnancy time away but it’s becoming a real struggle now and I’m only 30 weeks tmr.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.