Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had diabetes test at weekend… but my midwife’s on annual leave atm… do you think I would have still heard something by now if I had gestational diabetes?

Also starting to look at picking up bits with our shops…. Supermarket own brand nappies ok? Or is it worth buying the brands?
All my friends with babies recommended Aldi Mammia babies so I’ve bought some of them, I also had a free pack by signing up to this:

I had some free Pampers from Morrisons (think I had those for signing up to Pampers emails)

Then I’ve bought some Tesco ones with my weekly shop so I’ve got a few brands to try.

Im 33 weeks today, I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Had another midwife’s today, I see them more than I see members of my family I swear 🤣 Got my results back about the diabetes, the results were normal again!
Lots of talk about not going past 40 weeks due to size of baby and cos I’ve got glucose still in my wee, they said either being induced or c section

After the appointment I came home and cried, not because I feel sad, just because there’s lot of decisions and options to think about soon as I’m 34 weeks today, feels like 40 weeks is around the corner 😬
I haven’t caught up with the thread but this is infuriating. I actually had gestational diabetes during my pregnancy and was told I would be induced early. I managed my gd with diet and my sugars were low so I wasn’t actually high risk. I had my last scan at 39 weeks and had my baby at 40+2 naturally on Tuesday. He was 8lb1 on the scan and born at 8lb5 I’m so glad I didn’t get pushed intro induction just based on “big for dates”. The consultant wanted to book me in for induction at 40+6 but I pushed back and she booked it in for 41+3, so that gave my body time.

I was lucky my midwives really advocated for me to not be pushed into a decision that was based on guidelines. I hope you are able to make the right decision for you. Even if that is induction/section you can still have the birth you want. I would highly recommend dr Sarah wickham’s article about gd and how it impacts pregnancy and birth care. Good luck!

After a failed induction ("failure to progress" after two gel attempts, my waters being manually broken and 7 hours of the drip), baby arrived at 21.55 tonight with a cat 1 emergency section weighing 5 pounds 8 ounces. I'm so in love and in shock my beautiful baby is here and he's ok. Also just having the infamous tea and toast now and it's true when they say it's possibly the best meal of your life 😂
Congratulations. That tea and toast really is the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Also starting to look at picking up bits with our shops…. Supermarket own brand nappies ok? Or is it worth buying the brands?
Honestly it depends on your baby. We found some that other parents said we’re fine always leaked on our daughter because sometimes it can depend on their level of movement and shape. I always found pampers were great and got them when on offer. My daughter would get awful rash every time we used Tesco’s own so we avoided that

Brought the Moses basket down so the dogs can get used to it (and praying the naughty one doesn’t chew it 😂) and ordered the stroller. Feeling a bit more real now 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I would highly recommend dr Sarah wickham’s article about gd and how it impacts pregnancy and birth care.
Thank you for this, I’ve had a brief read of one of her articles and am making my way through a few more but one of them said something like ‘GD turns a happy pregnant woman into an anxious and stressed woman’ and this has really resonated with me, it’s affected my MH so much and if I eat something that gives me a high number I feel awful and selfish! It’s interesting to read what they’re saying about the research too, I do feel it’s really dated and how can everyone be given the same target numbers when they don’t know your history and take factors of your life into account before giving you these 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Brought the Moses basket down so the dogs can get used to it (and praying the naughty one doesn’t chew it 😂) and ordered the stroller. Feeling a bit more real now 😬
I really need to get our cats used to not sleeping in our room/on our bed but the idea of booting them out makes me all teary eyed 🥴

• Heart
  • Haha
I really need to get our cats used to not sleeping in our room/on our bed but the idea of booting them out makes me all teary eyed 🥴
I have the same problem ! We’ve been trying on and off the last month of shutting them out but they just scratch and meow at the door and sound so sad 😭 hubby’s worse about it than me and just let’s them back in..

I’ve brought the snuzpod in the bedroom some evenings for a bit just before bed to see how they are around it and both just want to jump in it 🙃

Hoping when baby comes along they’ll just be scared of a crying pooping machine at first and won’t want to be in the bedroom anyway 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I have the same problem ! We’ve been trying on and off the last month of shutting them out but they just scratch and meow at the door and sound so sad 😭 hubby’s worse about it than me and just let’s them back in..

I’ve brought the snuzpod in the bedroom some evenings for a bit just before bed to see how they are around it and both just want to jump in it 🙃

Hoping when baby comes along they’ll just be scared of a crying pooping machine at first and won’t want to be in the bedroom anyway 😂
Yes, we brought a moses basket home from our friends house and within minutes they were both curled up in it 🙄 We're hoping if we put the throw they like on the spare bed in the other room they might gravitate to that instead but that requires tidying the other room enough to actually... get to the bed... it's currently covered in baby clothes :eek:

• Haha
Thankfully my wolf dogs are too big to climb into it but I’ve already had one nibble at the side of the wicker 😂 not sure where we’re gonna put it, they literally lie near us/on us so no matter where it lives they’re gonna be miffed 🤷‍♀️

Thank you for this, I’ve had a brief read of one of her articles and am making my way through a few more but one of them said something like ‘GD turns a happy pregnant woman into an anxious and stressed woman’ and this has really resonated with me, it’s affected my MH so much and if I eat something that gives me a high number I feel awful and selfish! It’s interesting to read what they’re saying about the research too, I do feel it’s really dated and how can everyone be given the same target numbers when they don’t know your history and take factors of your life into account before giving you these 🙃
Glad I could help. I’d defo book a one to one with your midwife and discuss what options are available to you before you have a consultant appt. My last consultant appt was very much here’s the guidelines here’s the risks let’s book you for induction at 40+6. But as I’d had my appt the day before with my midwife I felt able to push for what I wanted. I hope you are able to do the same and don’t feel guilty about high readings you are doing your best!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Had my baby girl this week at 36 weeks! Totally surprised she was so early but amazing to have her here. Thank you for all the help and advice on this thread! I’ll still be lurking haha 💗💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Congratulations! How are you both?
She is amazing for being 4 weeks early! Over 6lbs so I’m scared to think what she would have been at full term. I’m frustrated with the lack of mobility….won’t go into details (unless anyone really wants me too and I’ll put it behind a spoiler) but ended in an emergency c-section (and for fellow mums who did the PBC Hypnobirthing course, I did ask…is this an unplanned c or an emergency? So I’m not saying it lightly) so I’m sore, but she’s worth it all. 💗💗💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She is amazing for being 4 weeks early! Over 6lbs so I’m scared to think what she would have been at full term. I’m frustrated with the lack of mobility….won’t go into details (unless anyone really wants me too and I’ll put it behind a spoiler) but ended in an emergency c-section (and for fellow mums who did the PBC Hypnobirthing course, I did ask…is this an unplanned c or an emergency? So I’m not saying it lightly) so I’m sore, but she’s worth it all. 💗💗💗💗
Wow congratulations ❤ Wishing you a good recovery, hope you can get lots of rest!

If you're happy to go into more detail, then that would maybe be good for some 😊
Behind a spoiler as you say.
I personally found after my first that reading into all the different things that could "Go wrong", made me feel so much more prepared.

With my first, I stuck to all positive straight forward birth stories and it was a bit of a shock to the system when my birth didn't follow that!
So reading other birth stories made me so much more prepared when things went "wrong" with my second!

Reactions: 9
Congratulations! Sounds like we may have had a fairly similar experience including mobility/issues post emergency C-section.
My waters broke around 1am Sunday but contractions didn't really progress until Monday morning when I had an epidural put in. Only it fell out after a short while and nobody noticed so I went from 0-5 cm with just gas and air and also on no sleep. The actual epidural was incredible. They did checks on me after that and I couldn't get beyond 8/9cm at which point they said I could carry on but they would recommend an emergency C-section. Not that we were at immediate risk at that point but if a section isn't planned in advance, it's emergency so to speak.

Recovery has been v painful. I don't remember much of Wednesday afternoon/night (Apparently at one point I was on a morphine drip and delirious from pain) and Thursday was still a bit hazy but I got some sleep and managed to stand up. Yesterday was the best day so far, did at least three wees and we got given a side room last night which is amazing. However standing up/sitting down is still v painful although I'm generally fine once I'm up. I can't see myself coping at home yet particularly without the adjustable beds etc

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m going for my gender scan this morning and I’m so excited!! I can’t believe how quickly it’s come around.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was woken up by the most awful cramps in my calf last night. It was horrendous. I had completely forgotten about that delightful trait that comes with pregnancy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.