Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby cheese arrived today via emergency section after 2 days and nights of long but seemingly pointless induction... We are in love...

Are swaddle bags safe for newborns? She keeps startling herself and waking up
Congrats!
I started using velcro swaddles for my son when we were still in hospital (now 3 weeks old), not sure if that is the same as swaddle bags. The ones we have are for 7-14lbs. He kept waking himself up by hitting himself in the face as well, poor babies!

Hi, I hope everyone is okay. Just thought I’d post on here in case anyone has this in the future or has had the same thing… We went to my 37 week scan today and was told baby had no fluid around them and the growth has slowed. The doctor advised induction or csection straight after this scan as this could be potentially dangerous. All documents signed and I’m having a C-section in the morning! I’m currently on the ward now after spending the whole day hooked on and off to the monitors and having obs done. My hospital bag wasn’t even packed and today was meant to be my last day of work so I didn’t even get 1 day of Maternity but hey ho, baby lemonade will be here tomorrow ❤
Good luck for today!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sorry just a vent, really.

Stressed following consultant appointment today. Due to BMI and low PAPP-A risk factor am consultant led. 28 week growth scan was good and showing as mid percentile on the report provided afterwards. Popped into the consultant appointment which followed and he told me baby is currently on 10% percentile and I need to move to two-weekly scans rather than four. Mentioned risks of this and need to track etc etc.

Obviously this sent me into a panic (I was born at 28 weeks so am very sensitive with respect to prem-birth) and have been very upset this morning.

Noticed now though that the sheet he printed me out with the growth chart on shows my EDD as a week earlier (so 29 weeks rather than 28 which I actually am per dating scan) which may explain why baby is measuring so low but still very worrying. Also concerning that that wasn’t picked up at the time (I like to think I’m pretty on the ball with my medical docs and read the reports etc) but if you weren’t, or English wasn’t your first language, what would happen if this wasn’t picked up and the growth estimations adjusted etc?

Have asked my midwife for a call to discuss as they’ll need to update the record to reflect the actual EDD.

Sorry, as I said just a bit of a rant/talk it out. Pregnancy is hard and this hasn’t been a cakewalk. 🙁
Quoting myself here, but midwife updated the EDD and now growth shows as normal and a much better percentile (37th). Lesson learnt here and to pass onto you all is pay attention to your own notes and trust your own judgement!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
yeah it’s been a bit scary at times but I strangely feel really calm now I know what the plan is! No, I should have mentioned that they checked to see whether my waters had broke and they hadn’t, it’s just my placenta had pretty much stopped working so there was really small amount left. Pretty scary to think what could have happened if I hadnt of had my scan today!
Oh I see, what a fright for you both! Very scary but thank god for that scan & hospitals acting so quickly. Hope that calmness continues and you get to hold baby soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi, I hope everyone is okay. Just thought I’d post on here in case anyone has this in the future or has had the same thing… We went to my 37 week scan today and was told baby had no fluid around them and the growth has slowed. The doctor advised induction or csection straight after this scan as this could be potentially dangerous. All documents signed and I’m having a C-section in the morning! I’m currently on the ward now after spending the whole day hooked on and off to the monitors and having obs done. My hospital bag wasn’t even packed and today was meant to be my last day of work so I didn’t even get 1 day of Maternity but hey ho, baby lemonade will be here tomorrow ❤
I was wondering how you were getting on. Hope you’re ok! Hope all goes well, so exciting you’ll be meeting your little one today 🥹😍

• Heart
Hope it all goes well! Was there any indication of this other than the scan?

• Heart
Hope it all goes well! Was there any indication of this other than the scan?
The only thing I had noticed was baby movements were so strong, it really felt like the baby was right under my skin which probably sounds stupid but it felt like there was no layer between us. Even my boyfriend felt the movements and was like ‘wow, it feels like they’re really close’ but I thought it would have been because they’re bigger now as I’m 37 weeks today. I told my doctor this at the time and they said that it’s a possibility the movements felt like that because of lack of liquid or a mixture of both.

other than the above, no indication whatsoever! Which is really scary

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The only thing I had noticed was baby movements were so strong, it really felt like the baby was right under my skin which probably sounds stupid but it felt like there was no layer between us. Even my boyfriend felt the movements and was like ‘wow, it feels like they’re really close’ but I thought it would have been because they’re bigger now as I’m 37 weeks today. I told my doctor this at the time and they said that it’s a possibility the movements felt like that because of lack of liquid or a mixture of both.

other than the above, no indication whatsoever! Which is really scary
so glad you see you back, love!

will be thinking of you tomorrow, so thankful you had that scan. If you don’t mind me asking, was there a reason they did the scan?

• Heart
How do others manage their anxiety during pregnancy?
I thought once I got to 3rd trimester it may improve knowing they have a better chance / closer to due date etc.
But I feel like it’s got worse?? All I can think of is how amazing it will be to finally hold him & although it’s now only 10 weeks away it still seems so far 😅 I think it’s all so real with having everything in the house / starting to organise etc but obviously he isn’t here yet so it still feels a bit scary.
I’m trying to do some breathing exercises a few times a day and this does help, keep busy when I have energy and then find in my resting times he’s either quiet (so I worry) or going mad then I worry that he’s unhappy or distressed 🤦🏼‍♀️
This has turned more into an emotional brain dump so maybe I’m not looking for answers just somewhere to let it out 😂
I moved our 4D scan to tonight so hopefully that can reassure me a bit, I think I’m finding the long gap between 20 week scan to 36 weeks SO hard as it seems like a waiting/hoping game.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I thought once I got to 3rd trimester it may improve knowing they have a better chance / closer to due date etc.
But I feel like it’s got worse?? All I can think of is how amazing it will be to finally hold him & although it’s now only 10 weeks away it still seems so far 😅 I think it’s all so real with having everything in the house / starting to organise etc but obviously he isn’t here yet so it still feels a bit scary.
I’m trying to do some breathing exercises a few times a day and this does help, keep busy when I have energy and then find in my resting times he’s either quiet (so I worry) or going mad then I worry that he’s unhappy or distressed 🤦🏼‍♀️
This has turned more into an emotional brain dump so maybe I’m not looking for answers just somewhere to let it out 😂
I moved our 4D scan to tonight so hopefully that can reassure me a bit, I think I’m finding the long gap between 20 week scan to 36 weeks SO hard as it seems like a waiting/hoping game.
It depends on the day for me… I guess just accepting your feelings are valid, but trying to be rational and talking them through? Take comfort in movement and body changes and knowing that your body was built for this xx

• Heart
I definitely struggled with anxiety this pregnancy because my baby was too chilled! I eventually learned that his pattern was just to be less active than my first son, but it still made me nervous and I wanted him to get here just so that I wasn’t the only one responsible for his well-being!

I’m afraid I don’t really have any advice to help, I was lucky enough to have extra growth scans to reassure me, but I hope the next few weeks go smoothly and quickly for you!

• Heart
Thanks ladies, maybe writing things down on good confident days to look back on when I feel a bit anxious will be good.
It’s hard isn’t it, mine seems to have very active days for 1/3 days then 2 very quiet ones. His heart rate has always been normal and typically he perks up & gets very energetic when we visit the midwife / triage😂
Will just keep reminding myself that so far it’s all been good & try to keep my mind busy with other things! X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If you look at some hypnobirthing affirmations these might help you, it’s kind of about reassuring yourself that your body is designed to do this and you’re going to be okay.
at least you might feel like you’re preparing your mind ahead of the birth and it might relax you a bit.

Has anyone else had problems getting medical exemption certificate? I asked my midwife for once twice she said she’s sent it off but never received it but now getting chased by NHS business authority to provide one or face a fine. My midwife said she had sent it off again but wasn’t sure if anyone else has had this issue before

Has anyone else had problems getting medical exemption certificate? I asked my midwife for once twice she said she’s sent it off but never received it but now getting chased by NHS business authority to provide one or face a fine. My midwife said she had sent it off again but wasn’t sure if anyone else has had this issue before
I got mine emailed to me by the midwife who did my telephone booking appointment - it came through as soon as I got off the phone. If you're not getting anywhere with your midwife could you try ringing the maternity team in general to see if someone there can help?

Edit: the details to contact the certificate team are on this link, you could try finding out from them exactly what your midwife needs to do in case she's done it wrong!

Reactions: 3
Can’t put my finger on it but I’m not feeling great tonight. Baby is moving around and can be seen moving but just feel like there’s a lot of pressure in my pelvis and quite uncomfortable 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We had the 4D scan and it was so lovely to see his little nose, big lips & yawns 😂
Has definitely lifted my spirits, and he is still firmly nestled into my pelvis which would explain all the weird sensations I’ve been having.
Would recommend to anyone thinking of it, quite expensive but he might be our only baby so trying to soak it all up.
Will definitely look at some positive birth affirmations as well and make myself a pack x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Can’t put my finger on it but I’m not feeling great tonight. Baby is moving around and can be seen moving but just feel like there’s a lot of pressure in my pelvis and quite uncomfortable 😒
Is it painful or just pressure? I’ve had pressure the last few days, I think her head is really low, I was actually scared I was going to give birth 🙈

I am so hungry all the time but can only manage little bits at a time don’t think there’s much room left in there 😂

Baby lemonade made their arrival at 2:34pm this afternoon 09/02/2023, 3 weeks before due date!
No fluid whatsoever around them so was definitely the right thing to do but was born weighting 7lb 15oz so no issues with weight!
and they were a little baby boy which was a surprise 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Baby lemonade made their arrival at 2:34pm this afternoon 09/02/2023, 3 weeks before due date!
No fluid whatsoever around them so was definitely the right thing to do but was born weighting 7lb 15oz so no issues with weight!
and they were a little baby boy which was a surprise 💙
Congratulations 🥰🥰🥰 hope you and baby are doing well xxxx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.