Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone got the nuna mixx? would love to hear any feedback if you do please!
I know it’s probably been updated since then, but we had it 3 years ago for our daughter. Absolutely loved it and will be cleaning it ready to use for our next babies arrival in June!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Id Like to retract my statement about c sections being a breeze 🤣🤣 day 2 has hit me like a f5 tornado I’m in utter agony 😭😭😭 I haven’t been resting because I felt fine so that’s more than likely why!
That's a shame

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Id Like to retract my statement about c sections being a breeze 🤣🤣 day 2 has hit me like a f5 tornado I’m in utter agony 😭😭😭 I haven’t been resting because I felt fine so that’s more than likely why!
I mean it's major abdominal surgery.
Nothing breezy about it, rest is the most vital part of recovery

Had the worst back pain last night - but only in my lower right side. Slightly radiating round to my right front but not moving at all. That was fun 🫠
Hot water bottle is the only thing that helps mine, so nice to take one to bed. I got up at 2am to make one the other night the joys of pregnancy 😂🙈

After a failed induction ("failure to progress" after two gel attempts, my waters being manually broken and 7 hours of the drip), baby arrived at 21.55 tonight with a cat 1 emergency section weighing 5 pounds 8 ounces. I'm so in love and in shock my beautiful baby is here and he's ok. Also just having the infamous tea and toast now and it's true when they say it's possibly the best meal of your life 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Hubby felt baby kick for the first time last night. My goodness did I cry like a baby. It was such a special moment because we never thought we'd be lucky enough to have children. It's made it all feel so real now.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Hot water bottle is the only thing that helps mine, so nice to take one to bed. I got up at 2am to make one the other night the joys of pregnancy 😂🙈
It was intermittent all day, hot water bottle helping a little but not much touching it at all - think the maternity advice midwife thought I was a bit mad for calling but at one point I did wonder if it was a sign of pre term labour it was so intense and off/on. Seems to have got better with some paracetamol but I can feel it nagging already and I’ve only just got up and showered. Currently ordering a bump band on Amazon to see if that helps!

@WhatABore did you find anything helped with your dizziness in your 2nd preg? And did you manage to have a natural Labour?

I felt dizzy for about 2 hours last night, couldn’t even manage to eat my dinner & got myself so worked up about how will I give birth when I can’t lay flat for a c section but can’t sit up or stand for a natural one.
Pointless worrying I know but I’m so upset at not even being able to leave the flat by myself or eat a meal without getting dizzy! 🙆🏼‍♀️

@WhatABore did you find anything helped with your dizziness in your 2nd preg? And did you manage to have a natural Labour?

I felt dizzy for about 2 hours last night, couldn’t even manage to eat my dinner & got myself so worked up about how will I give birth when I can’t lay flat for a c section but can’t sit up or stand for a natural one.
Pointless worrying I know but I’m so upset at not even being able to leave the flat by myself or eat a meal without getting dizzy! 🙆🏼‍♀️
Nope. Nothing Unfortunatley.
Have your midwives done any further tests to make sure you're not low in anything?

And yes, all 3 were vaginal births 😊

• Heart
Nope. Nothing Unfortunatley.
Have your midwives done any further tests to make sure you're not low in anything?

And yes, all 3 were vaginal births 😊
My doctor has ordered some updated blood tests so will get those done today & I’m hoping they show low iron or something that can be fixed 🤞🏼
Okay amazing that gives me hope 😄🙏

My doctor has ordered some updated blood tests so will get those done today & I’m hoping they show low iron or something that can be fixed 🤞🏼
Okay amazing that gives me hope 😄🙏
Hope you get some answers and feel a little better soon!!

Had diabetes test at weekend… but my midwife’s on annual leave atm… do you think I would have still heard something by now if I had gestational diabetes?

Also starting to look at picking up bits with our shops…. Supermarket own brand nappies ok? Or is it worth buying the brands?

Had diabetes test at weekend… but my midwife’s on annual leave atm… do you think I would have still heard something by now if I had gestational diabetes?

Also starting to look at picking up bits with our shops…. Supermarket own brand nappies ok? Or is it worth buying the brands?
I would have thought they would have rang you by now! If not can you call them? They told me it takes 2 days for the results to come back for my area

I got a mixture of nappy brands, I wasnt sure either 😬

Yes you’d have heard by now, the results would be flagged directly to the antenatal team so it would have been picked up by another midwife/support worker. With nappies it’s worth just trying different brands, don’t stock up on multiple packs of the same brand, it all depends on your baby and what suits them best because I don’t use the same as I did even 3 years ago. Same with wipes, especially now they’re all becoming plastic free x

Last edited:

It isn't your midwife that contacts you/looks at your results.
You would have heard something by Tuesday.

I'd suggest buying a pack from each place and trying them all. Every baby is different shape and so are all the nappies.
3 kids, oldest is 10 years and I've never bought a big brand nappy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.