Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
So I had my little boy on Saturday. As he was 5 weeks early we have a little stay in hospital ahead of us. But he’s so beautiful and doing wonderfully well.
12365DFB-0D52-47F6-84E1-948886B14E88.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Ilando

VIP Member
I’m 17 weeks today and finally know what people mean to have ‘popped’. Was lying in the bath last night and couldn’t believe how my stomach seems to have grown over night.

I’m 37 and this is first baby after a long battle with infertility and miscarriage so I’ve waited a long time to have a bump 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 30

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Morning Ladies! I was rushed into hospital last night as I became quite unwell I had suspected appendicitis. I was moved to the EPU observation ward & had an early ultra sound this morning and the sonographer confirmed there was not one baby, but two. Non identical little babies. To say my mind is blown is an understatement!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

CrimeJunkie

I had my 20 week scan today and had the worst experience ever with the sonographer. So bad that I burst into tears as soon as we walked out and couldn't stop crying :cry: She was the most rude, unfriendly person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting!

- She had a go and me and my partner because he was waiting outside but not close enough to the doors so she had to wait about 20 seconds for him to walk in. She shared her annoyance about this to me and also in the room when my partner was there saying if she had to wait for everyone's partners to walk in she would be working until midnight!

- Told me off for not having a full bladder, like actually told me off!! Said she needed to spend too much time trying to look at the organs because the picture wasn't very clear and this was because I hadn't drank enough!? She was scanning me for 45 minutes and it started to hurt so much I had to ask her to stop.

- Mumbled under her breath the whole time (I think she was telling us what she was looking at, but who knows)

- Told me she could see the heart but couldn't get a good enough image to check if there were any holes and that we couldn't go back for another scan because they are at capacity! Also could only find one kidney and couldn't measure the stomach properly.

- She asked half way through if I had any questions about what was on the screen. I said no (close to tears at this point). I expected her at the end to ask if we wanted to know the gender but she didn't, so I asked. She huffed at me and said "I already asked if you had any questions and you said no", put the scanner back on my stomach and then said "I think it's a girl but if you buy anything make sure you keep the receipts". I know it's never 100% but wtf?!

My partner and I were gobsmacked! She ruined the whole experience and I came out feeling absolutely awful. Luckly we managed to book private scan for 2 hours later which was amazing and exactly how I had imagined it. They confirmed all is fine and managed to check everything the lady at the NHS couldn't. Plus we found out we're having a little girl!! ❤

Sorry for the massive rant and thanks if you've read this far, just needed to get it off my chest! Hope you're all okay x

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Kitt

VIP Member
Baby’s okay. I’m 11+3 but baby is measuring 12+1! Tried to ask questions about what might be causing the bleeding and got no answers. Not gonna lie, the matron was quite dismissive, trying to get me gone. She checked my blood test and urine tests results and they didn’t show any sign of infection but she said ‘you are rhesus positive’ and I said ‘what does that mean?’ And she said ‘that you’re rhesus positive.’ I mean..

Anyway, just so thankful baby’s okay. Got my dating scan next week so I’ll get a lot more detail and info then hopefully.

Just wanna say you ladies are all amazing. Don’t know what I’d do without you all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Hey everyone I have had my 12 week scan today baby is growing correctly and due date is still first week of September my partner went into the hospital with me but just loitered outside on a chair for me so I could see him when I came out. I told my oldest friend and she is so happy for me I feel so lucky thank you everyone in the group for being such good supportive friendly women xx

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Rose18778

I should be 8+5 today but had a scan earlier as was feeling anxious and there was no heartbeat, baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I will need to call my doctors in the morning to be referred to EPU, does anyone have any experience of this? I’ve had no bleeding or cramping yet. :(

Wishing everyone happy and healthy pregnancies and hopefully it will happen again for us soon.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Kitt

VIP Member
Scan went well! The woman was so nice, gave me 6 photos for free. Also partners are allowed back to scans from next week so my husband can come to 20 week scan!! Yaaaay!

So I’m 12+3 from last period but baby is measuring 13+2 so that’s what I now am! Crazy. Due date is 30th August.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
Currently on antenatal ward, worst nights sleep going thanks to lady next to me snoring all night long.
35 week and waters went yesterday, due to be induced today. Hope baby will be ok, that’s my major concern.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

SavvyBee

VIP Member
So found out I was pregnant yesterday! Thought I’d pop on here and say hello all! We’d been trying but I have PCOS so expected to need a little help down the line. Have been in a total daze today - not quite sure I’ve taken it in and not really sure what I’m meant to do next! I already take folic acid and I’ve self referred to my trust’s maternity unit so I guess I just wait and hope for the best. I have irregular periods (last 4 cycles have been 26-34 days after they started to regulate a bit), and I’m pretty sure I ovulated late this month around day 26 so I don’t know really know how to best work out my dates! Either way I guess all being well I’ll be due early November time!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Had an early scan today and the little nausea-causer is measuring ahead at 9 weeks with a strong heartbeat! Could even see it wiggle a bit! Still nauseous as fuck :sick: :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Bwacac

Chatty Member
Just a little update for everyone who replied to my previous messages about my employers reluctance to treat me fairly regarding the guidelines about working from 28 weeks onwards. Today they have finally emailed me after I sent them quite a firmly worded letter (I found a template online) and have agreed I can stay safe at home and continue to be paid until my maternity leave starts 8 weeks today. 28 weeks tomorrow and I can now relax and not stress about money in my last trimester. I also had a growth scan today (I’m over 40 so have serial growth scans every 4 weeks from today onwards) baby girl is growing perfectly and has an estimated weight today of 2lb 7oz 💓💓💓 going to bed a very happy Mama tonight x

• Heart

Gilmoregirl18

Just had my 38 week midwife appointment and she managed to do a sweep! Said babies head is low, cramping slightly now, fingers crossed this is it 🤞

• Heart

Bwacac

Chatty Member
With regards to birth plans and the expectations you may have going into labour if this is your first baby honestly just go with the flow. Whatever other pain you’ve ever been in in your life and think you’ve not got a high pain threshold etc. Labour is not like any of those other pains, yes it’s very painful, but it’s a productive pain, it’s manageable. Yes at times it’s excruciating but you will surprise yourself and manage whatever happens to you in labour and however you end up giving birth you will be so proud of yourself because at the end of the day you’ll have your long for baby in your arms. Labour really is just the beginning of the rest of your life with your child and if anything I think the first few weeks can be harder and take more of an emotional toll on your body. I’ve given birth 4 times and each one was very different, I’ve never been induced or had an epidural (I just don’t like the thought of needles in my back) I’ve always had pethedine or gas and air. My first labour was long and tiring but I did it, my second was ultra quick, just as painful as the first just over sooner. My 3rd was a dreamy home birth, a bit stop start and tiring but a really good positive experience. My 4th was horrendous. Longest labour to date, I screamed for an epidural but don’t have one as I was still to scared, longest pushing stage, retained placenta, lots of stitches and baby ended up in NICU for 10 days (he was born at 37 weeks and had immature lungs still) but do you know what that was manageable too, horrible at the time but I did it and now here I am at 29 weeks and can’t wait to do it again! What will it be like? Who knows? All I know is it’s going to be painful again but wow at the end of that baby girl will be here and it will all be worth it. We’ve got this ladies however our births work out. We really are champions. Xx

• Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
Hi! Switching from the TTC'ers topic to this one.
After almost 1,5 years of trying I had my very first positive pregnancy test ever! (I have PCOS)
Last period was 21st of Jan, so I guess that means that I'm 1 month along, but it's 2 weeks since ovulation.
Honestly this is all so new for me, it's so exciting and confusing! First echo is scheduled in a month!
Don't really have any complaints/symptoms yet, apart from some mild cramping every now and then.
Any tips for the first weeks?

• Heart
Reactions: 17

WhatABore

VIP Member
I had my 20 week scan today and had the worst experience ever with the sonographer. So bad that I burst into tears as soon as we walked out and couldn't stop crying :cry: She was the most rude, unfriendly person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting!

- She had a go and me and my partner because he was waiting outside but not close enough to the doors so she had to wait about 20 seconds for him to walk in. She shared her annoyance about this to me and also in the room when my partner was there saying if she had to wait for everyone's partners to walk in she would be working until midnight!

- Told me off for not having a full bladder, like actually told me off!! Said she needed to spend too much time trying to look at the organs because the picture wasn't very clear and this was because I hadn't drank enough!? She was scanning me for 45 minutes and it started to hurt so much I had to ask her to stop.

- Mumbled under her breath the whole time (I think she was telling us what she was looking at, but who knows)

- Told me she could see the heart but couldn't get a good enough image to check if there were any holes and that we couldn't go back for another scan because they are at capacity! Also could only find one kidney and couldn't measure the stomach properly.

- She asked half way through if I had any questions about what was on the screen. I said no (close to tears at this point). I expected her at the end to ask if we wanted to know the gender but she didn't, so I asked. She huffed at me and said "I already asked if you had any questions and you said no", put the scanner back on my stomach and then said "I think it's a girl but if you buy anything make sure you keep the receipts". I know it's never 100% but wtf?!

My partner and I were gobsmacked! She ruined the whole experience and I came out feeling absolutely awful. Luckly we managed to book private scan for 2 hours later which was amazing and exactly how I had imagined it. They confirmed all is fine and managed to check everything the lady at the NHS couldn't. Plus we found out we're having a little girl!! ❤

Sorry for the massive rant and thanks if you've read this far, just needed to get it off my chest! Hope you're all okay x
So sorry you had this experience!
I've never been told I needed a full bladder for a 20 week scan for a start!
She sounds horrible! I'd definitely make a complaint!

My 20 week scan with my second was horrible! The guy was awful and I came out crying.
This time I dreaded my 20 week scan incase I got the same guy!
As soon as I got in there, before even on the bed, he said "Wow, this looks an unhealthy pregnancy. You should be losing weight"
For a start I'd already lost 7 stone before falling pregnant and wasnt far off a size 14, so not huge.
He kept saying how it will difficult to see anything and probably won't be able to get a photo for us because it won't be clear at all.
He pushed so hard throughout it that my whole stomach was bruised.
He got all his measurements first time and saw everything he needed to yet when he was done, I asked if he could tell the gender and he said "Oh, I didn't even bother looking because I doubt I'll be able to see with your weight"

I regret not putting in a complaint now! And it really messed with my head! Even now 3 and a half years later!
I'd certainly put in a complaint! ❤

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
I had my emergency scan this morning and got to see the baby’s heartbeat which was a relief. Turns out I’m 6weeks 3 days not 5 days, not that that makes a huge difference. I had spotting again last night and this morning so was really worried. So glad to see the baby’s heartbeat. Only concern was blood pressure was sky high so I need to see GP, although that was probably due to nerves.

Reactions: 16

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Hi everyone. I’ve Came over from the ttc thread. I’m 4 weeks pregnant today. After multiple losses, including a chemical pregnancy last month. So I’m very very nervous and scared. I’ve had a lot of Mild cramping today and I know they say it’s “normal” but I can’t help over analysing everything. I have a 6 year old and don’t remember cramping with him. Just feel like my periods coming. Anyone have the same at 4 weeks? Praying so hard that this one stays with us 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 16

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Well I couldn't hhelp myself I booked an early scan as I've literally no symptoms my tender boobs have disappeared so I panicked this morning and off we went for a scan and thankfully there are two tiny strong healthy hearts beating away measuring at 6+4. I'm due back at the hospital on the 8th from the scan I had at the EPU at 5 weeks but I couldn't stop my brain from going into overdrive and thinking the worst so I feel a million times better now I've seen their hearts beating. I wasn't this bad with my first 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15