Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Octopies

Chatty Member
I’m 35+5 and I cried today because soon I won’t be pregnant anymore.
for someone that never even thought about kids before this surprise pregnancy I can’t believe how much I’ve enjoyed the pregnancy despite it being complicated and having GD.
I have also loved this special time with my partner just the two of us. Of course I don’t want to be pregnant forever but I wish I could hold on to this for a little longer x

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
Congratulations!
He looks a good size for 5 weeks early too! Although could be the photo haha.

Glad everything is going well ❤
We’ve named him Edward , after my husbands Dad & Grandad. He was 7lb 3, which is a brilliant size considering age. But all my previous babies have been large, my 3rd was 10lb born at 40 weeks. So I can only imagine how big he would have been if born at full term.
I never got the the point to discuss birth plans, in my county the midwife has a birth plan discussion at 36 weeks with you. You can make your wishes known before hand and bring it up at any time though.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Kitt

VIP Member
Just booked my gender scan for 23rd March. We were gonna wait for 20 week scan but I decided I couldn’t wait 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 14

GamerLlama87

Hi all 😊 haven't posted here before but I *think* I've found out I'm pregnant today, less than a month after a miscarriage 🥰

I'm very nervous. Not sure if I even believe the tests... I'm only about 10, maybe 11, dpo.. but I've done 3 different brands and all of them have a faint but clearly visible line 😬😬

So feeling very cautiously excited!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

WhatABore

VIP Member
Hi all, just wondering did anyone have a scan at the 20 weeks mark and was told they were having a girl but then found out at a subsequent scan that they are having a boy?
Hiii. Yes, so my first child... At my 20 week scan, was told a girl... At my 28 week growth scan.. Still a girl... 32 week growth scan... Still a girl...
36 week growth scan.. "Oh.. They said girl? Looks like a boy to me?"

I now have a 7 year old boy 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
That’s so good to hear! Did you manage to see much? So glad you’re reassured now x

@Lulu Goss - we managed to see the baby. Saw its heart beating (a healthy strong heart beat). Saw its little legs, head and bum. Its adorable. The heart beat floored me. Its absolutely incredible to see it. 🥰 I feel so much happier and reassured 😊

On the subject of food, ive just eaten half a pizza to celebrate my scan. 😂

• Heart

moimoi

VIP Member
Boss is being a prick at work. For the next few weeks, I'll be working until 11pm on Mondays (it's not something I have to do but something that does benefit the business and something I actually enjoy), I asked to miss a team meeting at 10am and start at 12pm. I'm also starting virtual baby classes 6pm-8pm on Mondays, so I'll probs be exhausted by 11pm.

He effectively said no, and asked if I could just have a lie in on the Tuesday instead. I said that's not the point, 10am to 11pm is a LONG day for anyone, and especially for someone who's pregnant. I asked if he could just move the meeting. If not, then I just won't work until 11pm and finish normal hours. Why should I be willing to go the extra mile if he's not willing to reshuffle a pointless meeting?

After back and forth, he rang me and said he can move the team meeting later in the morning, he said "If you weren't in the third trimester I wouldn't have moved the meeting..." :rolleyes: So if I was puking my guts out in the 1st, he wouldn't have moved it, only in the 3rd, so grateful to have such an accommodating boss.

I'm dreading asking him for more flexibility and to WFH more when I return from mat leave.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
On todays instalment of learning that your body does weird things is discovering that you can leak milk/colostrum before you've even had the baby 🤣 I'm 19 weeks and sitting in a meeting when, not even I noticed, but my female manager 😂. That's me away to hide of embarrassment 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I honestly have no clue why anyone would wean early. Never mind the science behind it all, but you have to feed your kids every day, many times a day, for years. Give yourself a break and hold out on that as long as possible 🤣

• Haha

Upintheair83

VIP Member
@Tui I’m sure it was you recommended the baby academy free online antenatal classes?- I did the free one yesterday and it was excellent. It covered baby’s first bath, Safe sleeping, cutting nails, cord care, nappy changing and much more. At the end they gave me a £50 off voucher to do the day long one which covers a lot more too including birth, 4th trimester and also first aid.
The midwife was NHS and from bham and she was excellent with lots of advice and tips.

So just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation whoever it was!
I would really recommend the free online session to anyone if they are interested. Well worth 2 hours of my day.

• Heart

Londonsays

Chatty Member
I am 8 weeks with my first pregnancy. The constant sick feeling and intense sense of smell is really getting me down. I never realised how bad pretty much everything smells. Just thinking about the bin in the morning can start sickness.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
My mum was horrified to learn that we intend to keep the baby in our bedroom for the first 6+ months. I was in my own room by 10 weeks apparently! 😂
Lol I think I posted about this before but my mum said she put me in my own room on day 2. Apparently I kept them awake 😂😂😂 cheers mum

• Haha

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Whoa, congratulations!! How are you feeling? Have you got appendicitis?
No appendicitis thankfully! As the pain I was experiencing was right sided that was the first concern. They think it is just my body adjusting my blood work came back clear thankfully! Honestly I think I'm in shock. Getting pregnant was hard enough I didn't think it would result in twins! It's not quite sunk in yet but I am over the moon!

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! How are you feeling now you're over the shock?! Hope you're feeling better. How far are you?
Don't think the shock has worn off yet🤣 the sonographer said I am around 6 weeks. I have to go back next week and the week after for more scans just to keep an eye on everything.

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
Hey all, been having on off brown bleeding last few days but been feeling, or been trying to feel, okay about it as I had it last week then baby was fine on scan. Just went to the toilet and had red blood instead of brown. It’s knocked me again. EPU told me to call if brown turned to red and so I did and they’re going to try to get me a scan tomorrow.

Feel so stupid with needing these constant scans. This is so stressful :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Had a scan yesterday (36wks) for a minor issue.. and baby’s head is fully engaged 😳😳 I’ve been losing my plug all week too.. aaaah. I’m very relaxed about it all at the mo. Although why did my MIL decide to try and tell me her horrendous birth story when i saw her the other day 🙈 read the room, I don’t want to hear it!

Tui

VIP Member
How annoying are some women who’ve had babies a long while ago so aren’t in the know about current health recommendations? My mom is doing my head in.

I said I’m gonna get a pregnancy pillow cause i keep waking up on my back. My mom said ‘what’s wrong with that?’ I explained. She said ‘sorry but I must’ve slept on my back loads when pregnant.’ Ok good for you but I’m sure lots of women also did and weren’t so lucky.

I also explained about baby needing to lie flat when sleeping so needing a flat pushchair and she was snooty about that. I’m gonna have to be strict on her when baby is born to make sure she’s following what I say should be done not what she thinks she knows best. I’m just glad my husband doesn’t see his parents so I don’t have MIL putting her 2 cents in as well. 🙄
My mum was horrified to learn that we intend to keep the baby in our bedroom for the first 6+ months. I was in my own room by 10 weeks apparently! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart