Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I had my son 6 years ago I had to watch a car safety DVD on a laptop in my hospital bed before being allowed home. It was part of the discharge process. The biggest thing I remember from it is that babies shouldn’t be in car seats for too long as the position they are sat in can obstruct their airway. They strongly advise against using the car seat adaptors and putting the car seat on the pushchair chassis. To this day I’ve never done that and won’t with this baby. I don’t even purchase the adapters. Babies should lay flat to sleep either in a carrycot or a fully lay back pushchair. It’s my pet hate seeing very small babies being pushed around in a car seat but that’s just me.
That’s great that you were given that info! I wonder why more trusts don’t offer car seat information, when it is just as important as safe sleep information.

Don’t worry I definitely won’t be doing that! I still am totally shocked when people put cot bumpers on babies cribs, the fact that they are even for sale even though there is so much research as to how dangerous they are petrifies me. 😫
Funny I saw a thing yesterday which was like a huge plaited monstrosity for inside a cot that was being sold on Etsy. The post was from a baby charity saying never use something like this as it can contribute to SIDS. But the comments were shocking underneath. One guy said “can you provide sources for you claim cot bumpers cause SIDS?” and people saying they use them anyway 😳🤯🤯🤯

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Morning Ladies! I was rushed into hospital last night as I became quite unwell I had suspected appendicitis. I was moved to the EPU observation ward & had an early ultra sound this morning and the sonographer confirmed there was not one baby, but two. Non identical little babies. To say my mind is blown is an understatement!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Morning Ladies! I was rushed into hospital last night as I became quite unwell I had suspected appendicitis. I was moved to the EPU observation ward & had an early ultra sound this morning and the sonographer confirmed there was not one baby, but two. Non identical little babies. To say my mind is blown is an understatement!
Whoa, congratulations!! How are you feeling? Have you got appendicitis?

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! How are you feeling now you're over the shock?! Hope you're feeling better. How far are you?

Reactions: 1
Whoa, congratulations!! How are you feeling? Have you got appendicitis?
No appendicitis thankfully! As the pain I was experiencing was right sided that was the first concern. They think it is just my body adjusting my blood work came back clear thankfully! Honestly I think I'm in shock. Getting pregnant was hard enough I didn't think it would result in twins! It's not quite sunk in yet but I am over the moon!

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! How are you feeling now you're over the shock?! Hope you're feeling better. How far are you?
Don't think the shock has worn off yet🤣 the sonographer said I am around 6 weeks. I have to go back next week and the week after for more scans just to keep an eye on everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Woah congratulations!!! ❤

• Heart
No appendicitis thankfully! As the pain I was experiencing was right sided that was the first concern. They think it is just my body adjusting my blood work came back clear thankfully! Honestly I think I'm in shock. Getting pregnant was hard enough I didn't think it would result in twins! It's not quite sunk in yet but I am over the moon!

Don't think the shock has worn off yet🤣 the sonographer said I am around 6 weeks. I have to go back next week and the week after for more scans just to keep an eye on everything.
That is absolutely amazing really happy for you 🥰

• Heart
Omg that must have been a shock! But what a lovely surprise, congratulations!

• Heart
Bit random but can I ask if anyone else is struggling to drink enough? I'm 18 weeks and am trying really hard to drink enough water but I'm just really not that thirsty. The morning is better but by the late afternoon, its clear when I go to the toilet (sorry if TMI) that I haven't drunk enough. Feel like I'm constantly sipping and am fed up of drinking or having a bottle of water attached to me all the time!

Reactions: 5
Bit random but can I ask if anyone else is struggling to drink enough? I'm 18 weeks and am trying really hard to drink enough water but I'm just really not that thirsty. The morning is better but by the late afternoon, its clear when I go to the toilet (sorry if TMI) that I haven't drunk enough. Feel like I'm constantly sipping and am fed up of drinking or having a bottle of water attached to me all the time!
Yes!! I'm 19 weeks and before pregnancy would easily drink 3/4 litres a day. Now I struggle to drink 1! Same as you, I just don't feel thirsty :confused: I have found that drinking ice cold water helps a little.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm 18 weeks and the same. Think it's contributing to my headaches too

I struggled drinking water too earlier on and ended up with a UTI from not drinking enough 😬 so would definitely recommend trying to drink a little more even though I know the thought of just drinking water made me feel ill.

Definitely would have had that struggle earlier in pregnancy. Is there anything else you can stomach drinking instead? I basically live on fizzy drinks as that’s all I can take. I can drink water with meals for some reason, so I try and guzzle as much then as possible.

Hi all 😊 haven't posted here before but I *think* I've found out I'm pregnant today, less than a month after a miscarriage 🥰

I'm very nervous. Not sure if I even believe the tests... I'm only about 10, maybe 11, dpo.. but I've done 3 different brands and all of them have a faint but clearly visible line 😬😬

So feeling very cautiously excited!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi all 😊 haven't posted here before but I *think* I've found out I'm pregnant today, less than a month after a miscarriage 🥰

I'm very nervous. Not sure if I even believe the tests... I'm only about 10, maybe 11, dpo.. but I've done 3 different brands and all of them have a faint but clearly visible line 😬😬

So feeling very cautiously excited!
Congratulations! I had my last two BFPs at 10dpo 😊

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage last month x

Congratulations! I had my last two BFPs at 10dpo 😊

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage last month x
Aw thank you. It was very sad but it happened early, which I'm thankful for. It happened exactly 2 weeks after my first positive, so I think I may be on pins for the next two weeks, but I am feeling a little more calm than I'd expected to!

Reactions: 3
Aw thank you. It was very sad but it happened early, which I'm thankful for. It happened exactly 2 weeks after my first positive, so I think I may be on pins for the next two weeks, but I am feeling a little more calm than I'd expected to!
That’s good to hear 😊 I know myself from experience after a loss that pregnancy can have you on tenterhooks. Hopefully all goes well for you

I’ve never been a big water drinker. I bought a water bottle off Amazon and add dilute juice to it to give it flavour and it defiantly helps me drink more

I’ve never been a big water drinker. I bought a water bottle off Amazon and add dilute juice to it to give it flavour and it defiantly helps me drink more
I am struggling so much to drink enough I hate water 💦 never liked it prefer milk or orange juice really trying to force juices down me but I agree dilute helps x

Just try and drink anything.
I rarely drink water, always squash.
But even fizzy drink, 70% counts towards your intake

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.