Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My skin has been absolutely vile during pregnancy, SO dry and sensitive. I wish it were oily sometimes!!

Just had a call back from the midwife re my 12 week scan and blood test results. Downs/Edwards/Patau low risk but also have something called low Papp A and she’s told me I need to take aspirin for the rest of pregnancy in addition to extra growth scans. Has anyone else had this?
Yes I had a letter saying I had low Papp a but they got my results wrong, your basically at a higher risk of having an early birth, low birth weight but the percentage is really really small, so you have extra scans nearer the end of pregnancy to check the baby xx

Reactions: 1
My skin has been absolutely vile during pregnancy, SO dry and sensitive. I wish it were oily sometimes!!

Just had a call back from the midwife re my 12 week scan and blood test results. Downs/Edwards/Patau low risk but also have something called low Papp A and she’s told me I need to take aspirin for the rest of pregnancy in addition to extra growth scans. Has anyone else had this?
Mine was really dry and then I bought some new things and it’s gone away also my scalp has been really dry have been using oil on my scalp I do look greasy but really stops the flakiness. Not sure about the Papp a but I have heard a lot of women having extra growth scans. Also my friend had her baby last night and she had a girl by the sounds of it her birth plan went out the window but I am glad she is ok and the baby! X

Yes had this in my last pregnancy and this one, everything was fine last time and my baby was born at 39 weeks 7lb11. Got my first growth scan next week and will get them every 3 weeks until 39 weeks, my midwife told me it’s nothing to really worry about and also a bonus you get to see your baby every few weeks at the end 😊

Does anyone get really sharp pain in their tummy when they sneeze? Scares me every time.

Reactions: 5
Yes had this in my last pregnancy and this one, everything was fine last time and my baby was born at 39 weeks 7lb11. Got my first growth scan next week and will get them every 3 weeks until 39 weeks, my midwife told me it’s nothing to really worry about and also a bonus you get to see your baby every few weeks at the end 😊
Glad everything has been fine for you! I’m trying not to google it 😄 but it sounds like most of the time it’s nothing serious to worry about. Mine wasn’t tooo low in any case (0.4 which I think is right on the cut off). Just more tablets to try and remember to take!

Mine was really dry and then I bought some new things and it’s gone away also my scalp has been really dry have been using oil on my scalp I do look greasy but really stops the flakiness. Not sure about the Papp a but I have heard a lot of women having extra growth scans. Also my friend had her baby last night and she had a girl by the sounds of it her birth plan went out the window but I am glad she is ok and the baby! X
Yeah have heard extra scans are very common too!
I washed my hair last night so am enjoying a rare day of it being grease free 🤣

Had a phone call from GP saying I have Group B Strep & will need antibiotics during Labour & even then there is a risk of passing it on to baby.
Has anyone else tested positive for GBS?

Does anyone get really sharp pain in their tummy when they sneeze? Scares me every time.
I coughed this morning and was in agony for about 2-3 minutes afterwards. Never had anything as bad as that was from a cough or sneeze!

Had a phone call from GP saying I have Group B Strep & will need antibiotics during Labour & even then there is a risk of passing it on to baby.
I did but was a while ago and apparently by the time I give birth it might not be an issue?! But I was told if it is I will probably need iv antibiotics and to stay in hospital for a couple of days after I've given birth to keep an eye on the baby

I had my emergency scan this morning and got to see the baby’s heartbeat which was a relief. Turns out I’m 6weeks 3 days not 5 days, not that that makes a huge difference. I had spotting again last night and this morning so was really worried. So glad to see the baby’s heartbeat. Only concern was blood pressure was sky high so I need to see GP, although that was probably due to nerves.

Reactions: 16
I had my emergency scan this morning and got to see the baby’s heartbeat which was a relief. Turns out I’m 6weeks 3 days not 5 days, not that that makes a huge difference. I had spotting again last night and this morning so was really worried. So glad to see the baby’s heartbeat. Only concern was blood pressure was sky high so I need to see GP, although that was probably due to nerves.
Aww sounds like a big relief that you saw baby today and a healthy heartbeat. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've never tested positive but I've always paid for a test as baby can become very poorly if it isn't known about.
It's pretty simply if you're positive , they just put you on a drip during labour and give baby some antibiotics when they're born

I did but was a while ago and apparently by the time I give birth it might not be an issue?! But I was told if it is I will probably need iv antibiotics and to stay in hospital for a couple of days after I've given birth to keep an eye on the baby
It isn't really relevant until around 36 weeks because it can come and go by then 😊

I've never tested positive but I've always paid for a test as baby can become very poorly if it isn't known about.
It's pretty simply if you're positive , they just put you on a drip during labour and give baby some antibiotics when they're born

It isn't really relevant until around 36 weeks because it can come and go by then 😊
Thank you it was never really explained to me, I just assumed if you had it you had it. I think I will pay for a test nearer that time for peace of mind too

Seems to be so many of us have had spotting in the first trimester and turns out to be nothing concerning, must be more common than you’d think it is. Still worth getting checked if it happens though

Reactions: 4
Seems to be so many of us have had spotting in the first trimester and turns out to be nothing concerning, must be more common than you’d think it is. Still worth getting checked if it happens though
Spotting is actually listed as a symptom around 6 weeks or so.
Definitely worth getting checked though as you say!

From what I've always been told it's due to leftover blood from implantation combined with the foetus burying deeper

Reactions: 3
What’s annoying and worrying about some symptoms like spotting and cramping is that it’s considered normal but also a potential symptom of mc. So everything could be fine or the worst could be happening. Always best to check just for peace of mind.

Just spoke to work and I’m going back in on Monday. They’re like ‘are you sure?’ And being super nice. I’m just a bit fed up of sitting at home feeling useless and now I’ve seen baby is good and measuring past 12 weeks I just want to get on with it and keep going. (Will regret this when alarm goes off on Monday!)

Reactions: 7
Had round ligament pain first time round, helped me to clench the pelvic floor muscles when you sneeze and it shouldn't hurt, and when you stand! Not always easy to remember though 😄

What’s annoying and worrying about some symptoms like spotting and cramping is that it’s considered normal but also a potential symptom of mc. So everything could be fine or the worst could be happening. Always best to check just for peace of mind.

Just spoke to work and I’m going back in on Monday. They’re like ‘are you sure?’ And being super nice. I’m just a bit fed up of sitting at home feeling useless and now I’ve seen baby is good and measuring past 12 weeks I just want to get on with it and keep going. (Will regret this when alarm goes off on Monday!)
I still haven’t told work and I am really struggling with being tired and my hips are keeping me up at night as I had hip issues before but now sleeping on either side will wake me up 😟 I hope I can suck it up soon but I am just feeling so drained. I think also about symptoms like before I knew I was pregnant I kept getting period pains and thought it was my period who would have thought that was a symptom and although sometimes are down as normal the symptoms can be contradictory so it naturally makes you worry. I’m glad your work have been so nice I just know it is going to mither me more when I tell work x

Random question for you ladies- have you changed up your skincare routine since you found out you were pregnant?
Im not sure where the best source is to find out what is recommended to use.
I just wash my face with water now and use simple rich Moisturiser. I miss my old skincare routine 😂
I’ve stopped using retinol and am using a vitamin C serum instead but that’s the only change I’ve made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.