Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks all, going to try not to worry about it and let the results come when they come. I think it’ll be okay.

Reactions: 2
Hi! Switching from the TTC'ers topic to this one.
After almost 1,5 years of trying I had my very first positive pregnancy test ever! (I have PCOS)
Last period was 21st of Jan, so I guess that means that I'm 1 month along, but it's 2 weeks since ovulation.
Honestly this is all so new for me, it's so exciting and confusing! First echo is scheduled in a month!
Don't really have any complaints/symptoms yet, apart from some mild cramping every now and then.
Any tips for the first weeks?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
After almost 1,5 years of trying I had my very first positive pregnancy test ever! (I have PCOS)
Last period was 21st of Jan, so I guess that means that I'm 1 month along, but it's 2 weeks since ovulation.
Honestly this is all so new for me, it's so exciting and confusing! First echo is scheduled in a month!
Don't really have any complaints/symptoms yet, apart from some mild cramping every now and then.
Congratulations @LongishCat and welcome to the thread. So so happy for you. What wonderful news ❤

Tips- eat little and often, come and chat to us about anything - however small. Were always here. Weve all experienced slightly different pregnancies. Some ladies here are having 2nd or 3rd pregnancies, some are close to giving birth and others are waiting for the 12 week date and counting down.

Some ladies are really sick, some not.. Some get cramps whoch feel like your period is coming for a quite a few days, others are off certain foods. Its all completely normal in the pregnancy world. We will all try to reassure you as much as possible.

Whats an echo? A private scan? Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Fantastic news!! Congratulations! Make sure you’re taking folic acid and vitamin D, look up what you can and can’t eat and try not to stress :)

• Heart
Congratulations @LongishCat and welcome to the thread. So so happy for you. What wonderful news ❤

Tips- eat little and often, come and chat to us about anything - however small. Were always here. Weve all experienced slightly different pregnancies. Some ladies here are having 2nd or 3rd pregnancies, some are close to giving birth and others are waiting for the 12 week date and counting down.

Some ladies are really sick, some not.. Some get cramps whoch feel like your period is coming for a quite a few days, others are off certain foods. Its all completely normal in the pregnancy world. We will all try to reassure you as much as possible.

Whats an echo? A private scan? Xx
Thank you so much! ❤
Ah, maybe that's something we only say in Dutch, but it's a scan indeed :) I'll be 8 weeks then!
Actually, I do already have a question. What does it mean when people say they are X+Y far (ex 8+2)?

Fantastic news!! Congratulations! Make sure you’re taking folic acid and vitamin D, look up what you can and can’t eat and try not to stress :)
Great! Have been taking folic acid since Oct 2019, so I've got that covered. Also have vitamine D, so will start taking those too!

I can't say enough how grateful I am for Tattle! Everyone in the TTC'ers topic is so wonderful and looks like it's no different here ❤ Thank you so much! Really happy I can share this journey here.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you so much! ❤
Ah, maybe that's something we only say in Dutch, but it's a scan indeed :) I'll be 8 weeks then!
Actually, I do already have a question. What does it mean when people say they are X+Y far (ex 8+2)?

Great! Have been taking folic acid since Oct 2019, so I've got that covered. Also have vitamine D, so will start taking those too!

I can't say enough how grateful I am for Tattle! Everyone in the TTC'ers topic is so wonderful and looks like it's no different here ❤ Thank you so much! Really happy I can share this journey here.
8+2 would be 8 weeks and 2 days 🙂

Congratulations!!! Just take things a day at a time. Things can feel overwhelming and worrying in the first weeks, but we are here to help each other out 😊

• Heart
Boss is being a prick at work. For the next few weeks, I'll be working until 11pm on Mondays (it's not something I have to do but something that does benefit the business and something I actually enjoy), I asked to miss a team meeting at 10am and start at 12pm. I'm also starting virtual baby classes 6pm-8pm on Mondays, so I'll probs be exhausted by 11pm.

He effectively said no, and asked if I could just have a lie in on the Tuesday instead. I said that's not the point, 10am to 11pm is a LONG day for anyone, and especially for someone who's pregnant. I asked if he could just move the meeting. If not, then I just won't work until 11pm and finish normal hours. Why should I be willing to go the extra mile if he's not willing to reshuffle a pointless meeting?

After back and forth, he rang me and said he can move the team meeting later in the morning, he said "If you weren't in the third trimester I wouldn't have moved the meeting..." :rolleyes: So if I was puking my guts out in the 1st, he wouldn't have moved it, only in the 3rd, so grateful to have such an accommodating boss.

I'm dreading asking him for more flexibility and to WFH more when I return from mat leave.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Don't worry if you get symptoms and they go. Don't worry if you don't get them at all.
It's all normal and doesn't mean anything! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Wahooo I was the same with PCOS I didn’t have many symptoms until about week 8 and make sure you get your folic acid and vitamin d tablets and drink loads of water / fluids congratulations try and not mither as that’s all I have done since I found out x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Boss is being a prick at work. For the next few weeks, I'll be working until 11pm on Mondays (it's not something I have to do but something that does benefit the business and something I actually enjoy), I asked to miss a team meeting at 10am and start at 12pm. I'm also starting virtual baby classes 6pm-8pm on Mondays, so I'll probs be exhausted by 11pm.

He effectively said no, and asked if I could just have a lie in on the Tuesday instead. I said that's not the point, 10am to 11pm is a LONG day for anyone, and especially for someone who's pregnant. I asked if he could just move the meeting. If not, then I just won't work until 11pm and finish normal hours. Why should I be willing to go the extra mile if he's not willing to reshuffle a pointless meeting?

After back and forth, he rang me and said he can move the team meeting later in the morning, he said "If you weren't in the third trimester I wouldn't have moved the meeting..." :rolleyes: So if I was puking my guts out in the 1st, he wouldn't have moved it, only in the 3rd, so grateful to have such an accommodating boss.

I'm dreading asking him for more flexibility and to WFH more when I return from mat leave.
That sounds so frustrating, especially that he only ended up moving it because you weren’t going to work later. 10am-11pm is a really long day! I’m standard 9-5 and I’m even struggling with that, I don’t blame you for not wanting to work that long when you’re pregnant!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I’m not being funny but that is not normal hours am getting pissed off with having to do longer than my hours because my boss is home schooling so it’s either early morning calls which I hate and also some late at night but when I say late like the latest one was half 6 oh and that sociable zoom at 7 but even that aggravated me so I think he’s being unreasonable asking anyone to do that mental hours... x

Thanks everyone!

I had the Downs Syndrome etc screening and now I wish I hadn’t. The fact we have to wait for results has now just set off my anxiety. NT was 2.5mm and cause I know that I’m now googling everything.
I have had the test as well when I went on Friday and I am also waiting but trying not to think about it don’t google things I have stopped doing it since I got myself in such a mess before crying all the time. I am so happy it went well and the lady was so nice I think the man I had was just not into it like he was bored the ladies at the EPU when I first went were so lovely. Could your partner go in with you? X

• Heart
I have had the test as well when I went on Friday and I am also waiting but trying not to think about it don’t google things I have stopped doing it since I got myself in such a mess before crying all the time. I am so happy it went well and the lady was so nice I think the man I had was just not into it like he was bored the ladies at the EPU when I first went were so lovely. Could your partner go in with you? X
Yeah no more google for me. What will be will be. No he couldn’t come in unfortunately but they said he can come to 20 week scan as they’re changing the rules soon :) so we’ll find out the gender together at that one!

• Heart
Congratulations! ❤

Evening ladies. I dont know if im over thinking or not but I am sending myself crazy. I had a scan at the EPU on Saturday as I was in agony and they thought it could be appendicitis turns out it wasn't and it was twins. But all today I have had cramps on and off. A LOT of discharge. I'm 6 weeks and yet to have morning sickness. I had my son 8years ago and honestly I cannot remember anything other than I had horrendous sickness. Is the cramping normal? The discharge? Sorry I know I sound like a right wuss 😣 I want to ring the EPU but they keep you in over night and I cant afford atm to take time off work. (I've not yet told work just incase) part of me thinks I'm over reacting part of me is tit scared I've had a MMC 😪

• Heart
Congratulations! ❤

Evening ladies. I dont know if im over thinking or not but I am sending myself crazy. I had a scan at the EPU on Saturday as I was in agony and they thought it could be appendicitis turns out it wasn't and it was twins. But all today I have had cramps on and off. A LOT of discharge. I'm 6 weeks and yet to have morning sickness. I had my son 8years ago and honestly I cannot remember anything other than I had horrendous sickness. Is the cramping normal? The discharge? Sorry I know I sound like a right wuss 😣 I want to ring the EPU but they keep you in over night and I cant afford atm to take time off work. (I've not yet told work just incase) part of me thinks I'm over reacting part of me is tit scared I've had a MMC 😪
Slight cramping is normal,as for discharge I had LOADS, so much that I felt like I was coming on and would run to the toilet to check. My morning sickness (all day) didn't kick in until the 7th week or there abouts.

I’ve had lots of discharge since early on to the extent I either had to change my underwear or wear a pantyliner all day. Oddly it has reduced in the last few days at 36 weeks.

Thank you ladies❤ Honestly I'm driving myself insane. You all put me at ease I find myself reading every day. Sorry I'm not the most active of members🤣

Reactions: 4
Hello ladies, just checking in as I’m 8 weeks tomorrow, second pregnancy but first was five years ago so forgot how delightful the first few weeks are. I’m utterly exhausted and constantly nauseous or stuffing my face. I was working full time last time but on furlough this time which I’m so thankful for as not sure how I could function a whole day right now. Grateful that my son is back at nursery as of this week in the afternoons.

I have my first midwife appointment on Monday but meantime is anyone else suffering from horrendous headaches they can’t shift? I feel like my heads going to explode at times. I get hormonal migraines normally but I think all I can take when pregnant is paracetamol?! I wonder if my iron might be low as I’m really cold and can’t stay awake by afternoon?

At least this time I know it’s all totally worth it for the end prize. I just turned 40 so thought my chance for a second had passed me. Looking forward to hearing all your stories and any tips along the way xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hello ladies, just checking in as I’m 8 weeks tomorrow, second pregnancy but first was five years ago so forgot how delightful the first few weeks are. I’m utterly exhausted and constantly nauseous or stuffing my face. I was working full time last time but on furlough this time which I’m so thankful for as not sure how I could function a whole day right now. Grateful that my son is back at nursery as of this week in the afternoons.

I have my first midwife appointment on Monday but meantime is anyone else suffering from horrendous headaches they can’t shift? I feel like my heads going to explode at times. I get hormonal migraines normally but I think all I can take when pregnant is paracetamol?! I wonder if my iron might be low as I’m really cold and can’t stay awake by afternoon?

At least this time I know it’s all totally worth it for the end prize. I just turned 40 so thought my chance for a second had passed me. Looking forward to hearing all your stories and any tips along the way xx
I posted about this not long ago, I've suffered migraines my whole life and actually got some relief from them the first few weeks, now at 19wks they are back with a vengeance and have been for a few weeks. It's only paracetamol you can take but my midwife says if they get too bad to cope I can ask a consultant for propranolol to help but this can affect the baby's growth.
Someone on here suggested the kool n soothe headache strips and although they don't take the headache away they defo distract from the pain a bit. You should get an iron check at your midwife appointment anyway but maybe go sooner and get blood pressure checked aswell. Mine always seem to be worse when I've not had a good sleep or haven't drank enough.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.