Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve a 2nd growth scan next Thursday I’ll be nearly 36 weeks. 1st one was at 30 weeks and they told me she was already weighing over 4lb so I don’t really know what’s gonna happen next week if they think she’s still growing quite rapidly whether they’ll bring me in early for a sweep or what not
At 32 weeks they said my little one was 4lb 6, at 39 weeks she was estimated to be over 8lb. She was born at 40+2 weighing 6lb 5.5 so they’re not all that accurate so try not to worry ☺

Reactions: 4
My friend was induced early (not much, only a few days I think) because they thought her baby was going to be big... she was born 7lbs, perfectly average!

Reactions: 3
I’m 35 weeks on Sunday only been off on maternity leave for a week and so bored 😭😭 literally everything for the baby is bought and organised there’s not much left to do round the house odds and ends but trying to keep some stuff for next week so I’ve something to do. Our lockdown here has just been extended till the 1st of April as well 😭😭 i try to get out for a walk most days even if it’s only to the shop and back but can barely walk the length of myself now. I’ve a 2nd growth scan next Thursday I’ll be nearly 36 weeks. 1st one was at 30 weeks and they told me she was already weighing over 4lb so I don’t really know what’s gonna happen next week if they think she’s still growing quite rapidly whether they’ll bring me in early for a sweep or what not
I’m in NI as well, I’m only 30+4 atm but am seriously wondering if my kids are actually going to be back at school by the time my section comes round just after Easter. Try and binge some box sets maybe to take your mind off the boredom? Things just suck at the minute, but hopefully come 8th you can meet up outside with a few friends.

@Tui good luck for the house move!

I can't help but feel somewhat guilty that my toddlers not gonna get all my attention when baby's here 😬 I feel more anxious as the weeks get closer and knowing our dynamic is all gonna change and its not gonna just be me, my fiance and our son? Does this go away because I feel like an awful mum ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I can't help but feel somewhat guilty that my toddlers not gonna get all my attention when baby's here 😬 I feel more anxious as the weeks get closer and knowing our dynamic is all gonna change and its not gonna just be me, my fiance and our son? Does this go away because I feel like an awful mum ☹
You are not an awful mum! I have been feeling the same way about my daughter too it’s been just us for 4 years and I do feel slightly guilty that a new baby is coming and she won’t be my centre of attention anymore, I actually had a cry the other night in bed thinking about it 😢 I’m sure it’s probably common feeling going from mum of 1 to a mum of 2 though, I am planning on getting her a present from the baby when she arrives, Iv heard of a few people doing this, x

Reactions: 5
You are not an awful mum! I have been feeling the same way about my daughter too it’s been just us for 4 years and I do feel slightly guilty that a new baby is coming and she won’t be my centre of attention anymore, I actually had a cry the other night in bed thinking about it 😢 I’m sure it’s probably common feeling going from mum of 1 to a mum of 2 though, I am planning on getting her a present from the baby when she arrives, Iv heard of a few people doing this, x
Thank you so much! I'm glad it's not just me who's felt this way. My sons only 2 so still too young to know what's going on but I think getting him a gift from baby will be a good idea. We're gonna set up the moses basket and next2me next month to give him time to get used to it and hopefully that will go well hahaha! X

• Heart
Currently on antenatal ward, worst nights sleep going thanks to lady next to me snoring all night long.
35 week and waters went yesterday, due to be induced today. Hope baby will be ok, that’s my major concern.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think this is absolutely a normal way to feel. When you just have one child and then another comes along everything changes slightly (I don’t think hugely at first though!) and I think that guilt is natural. I feel guilty atm that my 2yo hasn’t gotten lots of time with me the way the other did, because I school closures, and a new baby will be here soon.

However, when the baby gets here you will see that your worries are totally unfounded. I was in bits before my second came along, thinking I’d ruined my daughter’s life! But actually babies sleep so much at the start you can still spend lots of time with an older one and it makes the transition more gradual I think. Plus all my older ones have ADORED a new baby, and the love and joy they feel outweighs everything else. And they get a great playmate for the future too 😊

Currently on antenatal ward, worst nights sleep going thanks to lady next to me snoring all night long.
35 week and waters went yesterday, due to be induced today. Hope baby will be ok, that’s my major concern.
Ugh sorry about the lack of sleep. Hope all goes well today, let us know how you get on x

• Heart
Hope all goes ok today! Will be thinking of you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I feel disgusting drinking full fat coke at 7.30am but it's the only thing that helps the sickness!! 18 weeks on Saturday and still being sick the joys!!!!!
we are due around the same time and I’m still getting sickness as well! It’s hell but do what you can to ease your stomach and if it means coke at 7 do it xx good luck

Reactions: 2
Good luck! Hope it all goes well.

I had a panic the other day that my waters were leaking! Felt exactly the same as when they did with my daughter! Luckily wasn't the case though!

Reactions: 2
Not me but my friend. She went for a private scan at 16 weeks and was told boy. They bought loads of boy stuff, furniture etc went for nhs scan at 20 weeks and was told it was girl. They had to book another private scan because they didn't believe it and she was def a girl.
Has this happened to you just the other way round?
Something similar happened to me! I ordered a home blood test from Sneak Peek to find out the gender of our baby. We did it at 10 weeks and got the result of boy!

I bought a couple of boy clothes but luckily didn’t buy too much, because at the 20 week scan - the sonographer looked at me with a confused expression as I told her it was a boy and just wanted to confirm this - she said in all her 25 years she’s only been wrong twice and this was definitely a girl!! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Good luck, hope you and baby are well.

Seriously how have all you guys coped through pregnancy. Only being in my 6th week all I’ve done is be sick, or felt really sick all day long, need to nap, got emotional, had cramping, had spotting, feared for mc, had high blood pressure. And its only the 6th week. 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Seriously how have all you guys coped through pregnancy. Only being in my 6th week all I’ve done is be sick, or felt really sick all day long, need to nap, got emotional, had cramping, had spotting, feared for mc, had high blood pressure. And its only the 6th week. 🙃
It can be hell, but you will get through. The first trimester is the worst for exhaustion and worry (with cramps etc). I find usually around 11 weeks that bone aching exhaustion isn’t so awful any more. The sickness is a killer if it lasts though. I’m almost 31 weeks and still going. It feels like forever 😞

• Sad
It can be hell, but you will get through. The first trimester is the worst for exhaustion and worry (with cramps etc). I find usually around 11 weeks that bone aching exhaustion isn’t so awful any more. The sickness is a killer if it lasts though. I’m almost 31 weeks and still going. It feels like forever 😞
wow sickness still at 31 weeks, that’s really intense. Bless you. Does it feel like a constant stomach bug?

Thank you so much! I'm glad it's not just me who's felt this way. My sons only 2 so still too young to know what's going on but I think getting him a gift from baby will be a good idea. We're gonna set up the moses basket and next2me next month to give him time to get used to it and hopefully that will go well hahaha! X
I’m a librarian so excuse me while I go all librarian on you haha. There’s lots and lots of picture books aimed at helping with this kind of thing! Helps put the idea out there that there’s a baby in mommy’s tummy and then what that will mean when baby comes. Lots of parents come in and ask for them!

• Heart

I found first trimester the worst for all those reasons. Second trimester was a breeze apart from disturbed sleep. Now 36 weeks and getting uncomfortable but at least I’m close to meeting the baby whereas first trimester I was counting down every day!!

Good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly XX

• Heart
Good luck!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

This was me at 6 weeks. I was not coping well at all with the amount of sickness and stress with the problems and I thought how am I gonna cope pregnancy is so long! I’m now 12 weeks and my sickness is easing and I’m feeling more positive. Time will pass, you will get through this :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Something similar happened to me! I ordered a home blood test from Sneak Peek to find out the gender of our baby. We did it at 10 weeks and got the result of boy!

I bought a couple of boy clothes but luckily didn’t buy too much, because at the 20 week scan - the sonographer looked at me with a confused expression as I told her it was a boy and just wanted to confirm this - she said in all her 25 years she’s only been wrong twice and this was definitely a girl!! 😅
I’m glad I read this, I saw that Sneak Peak advertised on Facebook the other day and was tempted! Wasn’t sure how accurate it would be though so just going to wait for the scan 😂

We’re in the same boat! I’m 8 weeks and feel constantly sick. We have our private scan on the 10th and part of me is convinced I’m going to be told something bad, so the sickness at least makes me think I’m defo not imagining being pregnant 😂

I’ve had cramps too and my skin is really bad. I just feel like a mess! Hoping the second trimester is better for us both

This was me at 6 weeks. I was not coping well at all with the amount of sickness and stress with the problems and I thought how am I gonna cope pregnancy is so long! I’m now 12 weeks and my sickness is easing and I’m feeling more positive. Time will pass, you will get through this :)
That’s exactly how I feel, this baby is our first and my partner mentioned having four in total the other day and I just thought I don’t know if I’d want to go through this feeling 3 more times! 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.